Buzz Aldrin is a former astronaut, engineer, and fighter pilot.
Inspiring Buzz Aldrin Quotes
1. “Mars is there, waiting to be reached.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
2. “No dream is too high for those with their eyes in the sky.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
3. “I still say, ‘Shoot for the moon; you might get there.’” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
4. “Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon. I am the first man to piss his pants on the moon.” ~ Buzz Aldrin.
5. “I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.” ~ Buzz Aldrin.
6. “Bravery comes along as a gradual accumulation of discipline”. ~ Buzz Aldrin.
7. “Remember, your mind is like a parachute: If it isn’t open, it doesn’t work. So keep an open mind!” ~ Buzz Aldrin.
8. Regardless of how you believe the universe was created, it is there waiting for humans to explore.” ~ Buzz Aldrin.
9. “Many say exploration is part of our destiny, but it’s actually our duty to future generations and their quest to ensure the survival of the human species.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
10. “Knowledge of the past and an optimistic view of the present give you great opportunities.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
11. “Program Alarm, it’s a 1202.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
Popular Buzz Aldrin Quotes
12. “We feel that this stands as a symbol of the insatiable curiosity of all mankind to explore the unknown.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
13. “Timing has always been a key element in my life. I have been blessed to have been in the right place at the right time.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
14. “Fear and worry are emotions that cloud the mind from being able to think clearly, to remember what the procedures are to deal with that emergency.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
15. “The moon I see now is the same moon I saw before. Except that before, when I looked at it, it was in anticipation of what it would be like when I got there. That’s behind me now.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
16. “Space tourism is a logical outgrowth of the adventure tourist market.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
17. “When we get there, if we don’t find any life on Mars, from that point on there will be life on Mars because we’ll bring it there, whether it’s germs and leftover urine bags, whatever it is.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
18. “To appropriately respond to an emergency requires a very clear mind, to coolly analyze what the observations are and how to fix it.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
Top Buzz Aldrin Quotes
19. “I think both the space shuttle program and the International Space Station program have not really lived up to their expectations.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
20. “We need to have people up there who can communicate what it feels like, not just pilots and engineers.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
21. “The big companies are the private industry. But they’re faced with a short-term need to show a profit in shortterm.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
22. “Kids, help your parents if they don’t know how to use a smartphone.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
23. “Exploration is wired into our brains. If we can see the horizon, we want to know what’s beyond.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
24. “Whenever I gaze up at the moon, I feel like I’m on a time machine. I am back to that precious pinpoint of time, standing on the foreboding – yet beautiful – Sea of Tranquility. I could see our shining blue planet Earth poised in the darkness of space.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
25. “For the future, primarily, we must educate people in science, engineering, technology and math.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
26. “Don’t waste your time on beaming people up or down. Instead, consider gravity waves as advanced physics of the universe that could be used to travel interstellar distances.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
27. “Going to Mars would evolve humankind into a two-planet species.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
Famous Buzz Aldrin Quotes
28. “The universe is the way it is. It’s not going to be changed by supplications.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
29. “We have the ability, at such high fidelity, to simulate the physical world through computers. But when the spiritual world or human behavior comes into play, we don’t have a very good model for that at all.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
30. “By venturing into space, we improve life for everyone here on Earth – scientific advances and innovations that come from this kind of research create products we use in our daily lives.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
31. “I was lucky enough to have been born on this planet earth, in this admirable country of the United States of America.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
32. “One of the major problems with long-term deep space human flight is the requirement for radiation shielding.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
33. “Is the destiny of the human species to sit back and play with our mouse and computer and imagine, fantasize?” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
34. “When the time comes to start building deep space transports and refueling rocket tankers, it will be the commercial industry that steps up, not another government-owned, government-managed enterprise.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
35. “American greatness was elevated significantly after Sputnik.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
36. “America must dream again, and have the faith to achieve the dream.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
37. “NASA needs to focus on the things that are really important and that we do not know how to do. The agency is a pioneering force, and that is where its competitive advantage lies.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
38. “There are a lot of reasons for not doing something. And if humanity had come up with all the reasons for not doing something we wouldn’t have spread across the Earth the way we have. There’s a curiosity, and I would submit that that curiosity will put human beings on the surface of Mars.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
Great Buzz Aldrin Quotes
39. “I shot down two airplanes in Korea, so I wasn’t a slouch.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
40. “Some things just can’t be described. And stepping onto the moon was one of them.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
41. “I grew up in a country that I thought was special. And it was.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
42. “Let’s not spend resources that we don’t need to be sending astronauts back to the moon. Let’s not spend expensive resources on bringing people who have reached Mars back again. Prepare them to become a growing colony.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
43. “I don’t believe any pair of people had been more removed physically from the rest of the world than we were.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
44. “At 10,000 feet, the 3 parachutes would come out, a little lower the pressure of the atmosphere outside was greater than inside, and we could smell the salt air and it was very encouraging to return to earth.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
45. “I don’t think we’re going to build a 50-person spacecraft or a 100-person spacecraft.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
46. “We can’t start over and develop a Saturn 5-type vehicle from scratch.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
47. “The first footfalls on Mars will mark a historic milestone, an enterprise that requires human tenacity matched with technology to anchor ourselves on another world.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
48. “What are you going to do with astronauts who first reach the surface of Mars and then turn around and rocket back home-ward? What are they going to do, write their memoirs? Would they go again? Having them repeat the voyage, in my view, is dim-witted. Why don’t they stay there on Mars?” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
49. “Only a large-volume market like space travel can attack the barrier of high costs.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
50. “Space is not just going up and coming back down again. Space is getting into orbit and being there, living there, establishing a presence, a permanence.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
51. “Mars has been flown by, orbited, smacked into, radar examined, and rocketed onto, as well as bounced upon, rolled over, shoveled, drilled into, baked and even blasted. Still to come: Mars being stepped on.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
52. “There may be aliens in our Milky Way galaxy, and there are billions of other galaxies. The probability is almost certain that there is life somewhere in space.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
53. “A family needs to work as a team, supporting each other’s individual aims and aspirations.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
54. “If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).
55. “I wrote ‘Reaching for the Moon’ because I wanted to tell kids that all of us have a moon, a dream that we can strive for. Even if you don’t attain it, you can at least reach for it.” ~ (Buzz Aldrin).