Carlos Slim is a famous Mexican business mogul, philanthropist, and investor.
Best Carlos Slim Quotes
1. “Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
2. “Competition makes you better, always, always makes you better, even if the competitor wins.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
3. “Most people try to make a better world for our children when what they should be doing is making better children for our world.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
4. “Do not allow negative feelings and emotions to control your mind. Emotional harm does not come from others; it is conceived and developed within ourselves.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
5. “Live the present intensely and fully, do not let the past be a burden, and let the future be an incentive. Each person forges his or her own destiny.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
6. “Building a business and becoming a billionaire is it’s not championship. It’s the competence; the competence in your sector with other companies not looking to have some kind of records in this issue.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
7. “Firm and patient optimism always yields its rewards.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
8. “Focus on essentials and try not to get distracted and bogged down by things that don’t add value to the bottom line.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
9. “Poverty isn’t solved with donations.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
10. “When we face our problems, they disappear. So learn from failure and let success be the silent incentive.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
11. “It’s important to give a better country to your children, but it is more important to give better children to your country.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
Top Carlos Slim Quotes
12. “The biggest things in life are not materials.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
13. “I love baseball. And American Football, too. But not rugby.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
14. “It is not important NOT to make mistakes, but the mistakes to be small.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
15. “No, my father passed away when I was 13 years old. I was very young.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
16. “Mistakes are normal and human. Make them small, accept them, correct them, and forget them.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
17. “When we decide to do something, we do it quickly.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
18. “Work well done is not only a responsibility to yourselves and society; it is also an emotional need.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
19. “I still have my laptop but I haven’t used it. I’m a paper man, not electronic.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
20. “Well, when I was very young, maybe 12 years, I began to make investments.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
21. “I am convinced that all this poverty in Mexico and in Latin America, like it’s happening in China is the opportunity to grow. It’s an opportunity for investment; it’s an economic activity and to take out poverty is the best investment any person or a person can do in any place.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
22. “All times are good time for those who know how to work and have the tools to do so.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
Famous Carlos Slim Quotes
23. “Technology is going to transform people’s lives and society everywhere in the world. I spend most of my time studying new technologies. My main task is to understand what’s going on and try to see where we can fit in.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
24. “In this new wave of technology, you can’t do it all yourself, you have to form alliances.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
25. “Money is not a goal. The goal is to make companies grow, develop, be competitive, be in different areas, be efficient to have a great human team inside the company.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
26. “Choose the right employees and then set them loose.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
27. “If you are in business, you are not enjoying. You are working.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
28. “I’ve always said that the better off you are, the more responsibility you have for helping others. Just as I think it’s important to run companies well, with a close eye to the bottom line, I think you have to use your entrepreneurial experience to make corporate philanthropy effective.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
29. “The key is the Internet. The United States is by far the most advanced country in this new digital culture, so we have to be there. The Internet is the heart of this new civilization, and telecommunications are the nervous system, or circulatory system.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
30. “I studied engineering in the national university, the Universidad Autonoma, in San Ildefonso.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
Popular Carlos Slim Quotes
31. “You cannot make thousands of universities or hundreds of thousands of professors, but with technology and the Internet you can have great courses and make a digital university.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
32. “I’ve always said that the better off you are, the more responsibility you have for helping others.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
33. “When there is a crisis, that’s when some are interested in getting out and that’s when we are interested in getting in.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
34. “You cannot have people in your organization who are pessimists. They take you to mediocrity.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
35. “You cannot live without doing something.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
36. “Staying occupied displaces preoccupation and problems, and when we face our problems, they disappear.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
37. “My mother born in Mexico, but was Lebanese in origin. She born 1902 the same year my father arrived to Mexico when he was 14 years old.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
Inspiring Carlos Slim Quotes
38. “You have to have an international reference of competition. You have to go beyond your home.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
39. “In high school, I loved history. I also loved cosmography, algebra. Mexico is so rich in culture and history, and I have always enjoyed that.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
40. “I think that anything that has privileges have responsibility and all people that is clear about their responsibility has compromise.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
41. “All businesses make mistakes. The trick is to avoid large ones.” ~ (Carlos Slim).
42. “My parents weren’t artistic, but I was always surrounded by beautiful things. And Mexico is a country which has experienced thousands of years of art and culture.” ~ (Carlos Slim).