Chris Kyle, born in Odessa, Texas on April 8, 1974, was a former United States Navy SEAL, sniper, author and professional bronco rider.
He served four tours of duty in Iraq, earning numerous awards including two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars.
Kyle was credited with 160 confirmed kills, making him the most lethal sniper in American history. He authored the memoir “American Sniper” (2012) and co-authored “American Gun” (2013).
Kyle struggled with PTSD and depression after leaving the military in 2009. He actively worked with other veterans and founded the FITCO Cares Foundation.
Tragically, Kyle was murdered by a former Marine veteran suffering from PTSD in 2013.
Despite the controversy and challenges he faced, Kyle’s commitment to his country and fellow servicemen has left a lasting legacy.
I have listed below some of the inspirational quotes by Chris Kyle.
Motivational Chris Kyle Quotes
1. “I’m willing to meet my creator and answer every shot that I took.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
2. “I don’t shoot people with Korans. I’d like to, but I don’t.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
3. “I don’t know if I’m the best of the best. But I did know that if I quit, I wouldn’t be.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
4. “I’m not a redneck, I’m from Texas.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
5. “Maybe war isn’t really fun, but I certainly was enjoying it.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
6. “I thought I should be stronger than was possible.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
7. “I am not a fan of politics.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
8. “Just because war is hell doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
9. “I’m just trying to get back to normal life.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
10. “I really don’t care what people think of me.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
11. “In my experience, Marines are gung ho no matter what. They will all fight to the death. Everyone of them just wants to get out there and kill. They are bad-ass, hard-charging mothers.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
12. “People tell me I saved hundreds and hundreds of people. But I have to tell you: it’s not the people you saved that you remember. It’s the ones you couldn’t save. Those are the ones you talk about. Those are the faces and situations that stay with you forever.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
13. “I did want to be the top sniper.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
14. “It’s not a problem taking out someone who wants your people dead. That’s not a problem at all.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
15. “It is our duty to serve those who serve us.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
16. “You have to slow your heart rate, stay calm. You have to shoot in between your heartbeats.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
17. “But in that backroom or whatever it is when God confronts me with my sins, I do not believe any of the kills I had during the war will be among them. Everyone I shot was evil. I had good cause on every shot. They all deserved to die.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
Popular Chris Kyle Quotes
18. “Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad. When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for but killing any of those people is not one of them.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
19. “But real life doesn’t travel in a perfect straight line; it doesn’t necessarily have that ‘all lived happily ever after’ bit. You have to work on where you’re going.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
20. “No, the best way to stop a vehicle is to shoot the driver. And that you can do with a number of weapons.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
21. “I’m just trying to be the me that I am and not all of this other crap. I just want to be the family man, and if somehow I can make the money to get my ranch and get the hell away from everybody else, that would be awesome.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
22. “I really don’t care what people think of me. I’ve got my family. I’ve got my friends. Yes, I have been trained to be a little more aggressive if I need to be, but I don’t go around thumping people.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
23. “It was my duty to shoot the enemy, and I don’t regret it. My regrets are for the people I couldn’t save: Marines, soldiers, buddies. I’m not naïve, and I don’t romanticize war. The worst moments of my life have come as a SEAL. But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
24. “I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
25. “In the end, my story, in Iraq and afterward, is about more than just killing people or even fighting for my country. It’s about being a man. And it’s about love as well as hate.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
26. “I was raised with, and still believe in, the Christian faith. If I had to order my priorities, they would be God, Country, Family. There might be some debate on where those last two fall – these days I’ve come around to believing that Family may, under some circumstances, outrank Country. But it’s a close race.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
27. “Great way to fight a war – be prepared to defend yourself for winning.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
28. “The Navy credits me with more kills as a sniper than any other American service member, past or present.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
29. “I don’t have to psych myself up, or do something special mentally – I look through the scope, get my target in the cross hairs, and kill my enemy, before he kills one of my people.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
30. “I’m trying to raise the awareness of the troops that, when they deploy and go to war, it’s not just them at war – it’s also their family. Their family is having to go through all the hardships and the stresses.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
31. “Savage, despicable evil. That’s what we were fighting in Iraq. That’s why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy ‘savages.’ There really was no other way to describe what we encountered there.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
32. “It’s funny – sometimes the strongest individuals feel the worst when events are out of their control, and they can’t really be there for the people they love. I’ve felt it myself.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
33. “I have a master chief that always said, punch and run.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
Top Chris Kyle Quotes
34. “The thing we all had in common wasn’t muscle; it was the will to do whatever it takes.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
35. “But I wondered, how would I feel about killing someone? Now I know. It’s no big deal.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
36. “One was to be a cowboy and another was to be in the military. I grew up extremely patriotic and riding horses.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
37. “What wounded veterans don’t need is sympathy. They need to be treated like the men they are: equals, heroes, and people who still have tremendous value for society.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
38. “I don’t care how much money you get,” my dad used to tell me. “It’s not worth it if you’re not happy.” That’s the most valuable piece of advice he ever gave me: Do what you want in life. To this day I’ve tried to follow that philosophy.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
39. “You’re not just going out there, maybe sacrificing your own life. There’s also sacrifices still going on at home. You can serve in the military and have a good marriage, but you just need to be aware of it so you can take those steps to take care of it.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
40. “Savage, despicable evil. That’s what we were fighting in Iraq.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
41. “The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more. Not for bragging rights, but because I believe the world is a better place without savages out there taking American lives. Everyone I shot in Iraq was trying to harm Americans or Iraqis loyal to the new government.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
42. “Other people are talking about writing books about my life, or about some of the things I’ve done. I find it strange, but I also feel it’s my life and my story, and I guess I better be the one to get it on paper the way it actually happened.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
43. “I am a much better father and husband than I ever was a sniper.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
44. “The moon, Earth, and stars aligned. God blew on the bullet, and I gut-shot the jackass.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
45. “Yes, even SEALs use PowerPoint.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
Famous Chris Kyle Quotes
46. “There’s no reason someone who has fought for their country should be homeless of jobless.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
47. “None of my problems come from the people I’ve killed.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
48. “Isn’t religion supposed to teach tolerance?” ~ (Chris Kyle).
49. “Decades of Saddam’s rule made what could have been a fairly rich country, due to its oil reserves, into a very poor one.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
50. “I signed up to protect this country. I do not choose the wars. It happens that I love to fight. But I do not choose which battles I go to. Y’all send me to them.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
51. “I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job. But I truly, deeply hated the evil that woman possessed. I hate it to this day.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
52. “I’ve lived the literal meaning of the “land of the free” and “home of the brave.” It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
53. “The fanatics we fought valued nothing but their twisted interpretation of religion. And half the time they just claimed they valued their religion – most didn’t even pray.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
54. “I would love for people to be able to think of me as a guy who stood up for what he believed in and helped make a difference for the vets.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
55. “I’m proud of my service, but I sure as hell didn’t do it for any medal. They don’t make me any better or less than any other guy who served. Medals never tell the whole story.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
56. “I don’t care how much money you get,” my dad used to tell me. “It’s not worth it if you’re not happy.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
57. “They naturally thought that anyone who was good should have a very high rank.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
58. “I loved killing bad guys.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
59. “I also learned how to take the images and paste them onto PowerPoint for briefings and the like. Yes, even SEALs use PowerPoint.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
Best Chris Kyle Quotes
60. “Until you actually experience something, you just don’t know.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
61. “The purpose of war, as Patton put it, is to make the other dumb bastard die.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
62. “Oh, they may be tough individuals, but it takes more than personal toughness to be good leaders. The methods and goals have to contribute to the toughness.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
63. “There will always be good. There will always be evil. There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or a continent. What.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
64. “People ask me all the time, “How many people have you killed?” My standard response is, “Does the answer make me less, or more, of a man?” ~ (Chris Kyle).
65. “No SEAL has ever actually admitted feeling pain since the beginning of Creation.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
66. “I’ve had good officers. But all the great ones were humble.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
67. “We are, in many ways, opposites. Still, we seemed to click. One day on the phone he was asking what I thought made us compatible. I decided to tell him some of the things that drew me to him. “I think you’re a really good guy,” I told him, “really nice. And sensitive.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
68. “Even before I heard the stories, I don’t think I was ever under illusions that war is pretty or nice.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
69. “The new Iraqi army had a camp nearby. Those idiots took it in their head to send a few shots our way as well. Every day. We hung a VF panel over our position – an indicator showing we were friendly – and the shots kept coming. We radioed their command. The shots kept coming. We called back and cussed out their command. The shots kept coming. We tried everything to get them to stop, short of calling in a bomb strike.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
70. “I don’t know how high I went, I don’t wanna know. Heights are not my favorite thing. It makes my balls go in my throat just thinking about it.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
71. “Medals never tell the whole story. And like I said, in the end they’ve become more political than accurate.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
Short Chris Kyle Quotes
72. “We killed the bad guys and brought the leaders to the peace table. That is how the world works.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
73. “If you can’t make sense of things, you start to look for some other way to deal with them. You laugh because you have to have some emotion, you have to express yourself somehow.” ~ (Chris Kyle).
74. “Help people help themselves – that’s the way it should be.” ~ (Chris Kyle).