Daymond John is an entrepreneur, investor, television personality, author, and motivational speaker from the United States.
He is most known for being the creator, president, and CEO of FUBU, as well as an investor on the ABC reality television show Shark Tank.
John is the founder of The Shark Group and is headquartered in New York City.
We have selected some of the best quotes from Daymond John for you.
Inspirational Daymond John Quotes on Business & Startups
1. “I do today what people won’t, so I achieve tomorrow what other people can’t.” ~ (Daymond John).
2. “Money is a great slave but a horrible master.” ~ (Daymond John).
3. “It will never be a perfect time, you can only make time perfect.” ~ (Daymond John).
4. “If you aren’t living your dreams then you’re living your fears.” ~ (Daymond John).
5. “I don’t want to leave my kids an inheritance, I want to leave them a legacy.” ~ (Daymond John).
6. “As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning.” ~ (Daymond John).
7. “Truth is the easiest thing to sell.” ~ (Daymond John).
8. “Life is a cruel teacher. She loves to give you the test first and the lesson later.” ~ (Daymond John).
Popular Daymond John Quotes
9. “Good grooming is integral, and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.” ~ (Daymond John).
10. “Pioneers get slaughtered, and the settlers prosper.” ~ (Daymond John).
11. “It takes the same energy to think small as it does to think big. So dream big and think bigger.” ~ (Daymond John).
12. “I’ve failed way more than I’ve succeeded.” ~ (Daymond John).
13. “If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll never get out of the starting block because you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.” ~ (Daymond John).
14. “You don’t get rich off your day job, you get rich off your homework.” ~ (Daymond John).
15. “I’m a big advocate of financial intelligence.” ~ (Daymond John).
16. “We all want the freedom to make our own decisions.” ~ (Daymond John).
17. “As an entrepreneur, you love your business like a child, and you’re taught to be laser-focused on the business.” ~ (Daymond John).
Top Daymond John Quotes
18. “You can make up your own opinion, but you can’t make up your own facts, go sell.” ~ (Daymond John).
19. “When you succeed you have a million people to thank, but when you fail there is only one person to blame.” ~ (Daymond John).
20. “Poor people put a low value on themselves and their efforts.” ~ (Daymond John).
21. “Success is waking up every day and doing what you want to do.” ~ (Daymond John).
22. “I consider each business investment based on concept and revenue.” ~ (Daymond John).
23. “When looking at trends I always ask myself basic and timeless questions about business, and the one I seem to always come back to is, ‘How is this different than anything else in the marketplace?’” ~ (Daymond John).
24. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” ~ (Daymond John).
25. “Always dress to what is accurate to who and what you are.” ~ (Daymond John).
Famous Daymond John Quotes
26. “The only thing that scares me in the tech area is that it moves so fast that you have to be ready to invest in 20 things. Because if you just invest in one, next week, somebody has a better mousetrap, and you get taken to the cleaners.” ~ (Daymond John).
27. “Try to make all the mistakes with your own money and on a small level so that when you are responsible for a partner’s money or assets you’ve learned and you don’t make bigger mistakes. Try to go as far as you can without anybody else’s help first.” ~ (Daymond John).
28. “Product is always king.” ~ (Daymond John).
29. “In my mind, there are too many copycat web products out there that are doing the same thing.” ~ (Daymond John).
30. “Strategic partners are way more important than money.” ~ (Daymond John).
31. “I’ve come to learn that my initial investment is more about the person versus the product that I am buying into. I’ve also learned that I really do enjoy giving worthy people an opportunity of a lifetime.” ~ (Daymond John).
32. “Everyone has an idea, but it’s taking those first steps toward turning that idea into a reality that are always the toughest.” ~ (Daymond John).
Short Daymond John Quotes
33. “Make sure you’re doing something that you love, that you’re willing to do for the rest of your life. If you’re doing it for money, that’s the only thing you won’t make.” ~ (Daymond John).
34. “I think it’s only failure if you put the word failure on it. I think it’s part of the process of learning where you’re going to go and what doesn’t work.” ~ (Daymond John).
35. “It is very, very hard to do that ballroom dancing and I am going to be nowhere near it. Now if you have a hot dog eating contest, call me.” ~ (Daymond John).
36. “An entrepreneur must pitch a potential investor for what the company is worth as well as sell the dream on how much of a profit can be made.” ~ (Daymond John).
37. “The perfect breakfast is fish with grits and scrambled eggs with onions. I’m getting hungry thinking about that.” ~ (Daymond John).
38. “Whether people know it or not, I’m a big nature guy. I like snowboarding, I like fishing, and those are my ways to wind down.” ~ (Daymond John).
Best Daymond John Quotes
39. “The thing about branding is it isn’t etched in stone. A brand is a mark or an image or a perception we stamp on a product, a concept or an ideal, but it doesn’t last forever. Like anything else, it needs to be nurtured and reinforced, or it will start to fade.” ~ (Daymond John).
40. “If you can’t come clean and tell investors how and why you failed, that raises a red flag. They need to see that you learned from it and came back stronger.” ~ (Daymond John).
41. “You don’t have to work for a big corporation if you don’t want to.” ~ (Daymond John).
42. “When you have a large amount of the workforce being laid off, some of them have no other choice but to go out there and invent something.” ~ (Daymond John).
43. “A savvy entrepreneur will not always look for investment money, first.” ~ (Daymond John).
44. “I think Wall Street is very important, especially to tech companies. Wall Street will get in their rhythm and go fund tech companies, and tech companies will go create jobs and employ a lot of people, so there’s that aspect of Wall Street.” ~ (Daymond John).
45. “If I invest in a CEO, I need him or her to have experience in sales.” ~ (Daymond John).
46. “The easiest thing to sell is truth.” ~ (Daymond John).
47. “When you sell a product or service, you’re making a promise to your audience. If you don’t understand your audience, you’ll never be able to keep that promise and you’ll ultimately let them down.” ~ (Daymond John).
48. “I’m not a golf player. I think golf and fishing are the same, but at the end of the day, you can’t fry up and golf ball and dip it in tartar sauce. So I’m a fisherman.” ~ (Daymond John).
49. “Told myself it didn’t matter if my ride didn’t turn heads – it only mattered that it turned things around for me.”
50. “I look to work with businesses that know what they are doing but need larger distribution or exposure.” ~ (Daymond John).
51. “It’s gotten to where an entire nation can be energized by the force of a single idea put out into the world in a passionate way through social media – at little or no cost.” ~ (Daymond John).
You Might Like
- Coco Chanel Quotes
- Isaac Asimov Quotes
- Kurt Cobain Quotes
- Louise Hay Quotes
- John Muir Quotes
- George Bernard Shaw Quotes
- John Wooden Quotes
- Esther Hicks Quotes
- Frank Sinatra Quotes
- Christian Dior Quotes