Dick Vitale, popularly known as “Dickie V,” is a basketball sportscaster in the United States.
Best Dick Vitale Quotes & Sayings
1. “I love what I’m doing. I enjoy life.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
2. “I’m living the American dream.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
3. “Life is simple. Life is all about decisions. Make good decisions and good things happen. Make bad decisions and bad things happen.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
4. “The glory of sport is witnessing a well-coached team perform as a single unit, striving for a common goal and ultimately bringing distinction to the jersey the players represent.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
5. “My plan is very simple. The Dickie V plan.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
6. “I may not always be right, but no one can ever accuse me of not having a genuine love and passion for whatever I do.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
7. “Today in coaching, it’s a two-way street. They can fire you whenever they want. Bottom line—it’s all about what you can do to better yourself professionally. This is a better move.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
8. “I have a problem with honoring mediocrity in so many cases over teams that have great years.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
9. “Life is not as painful as you think it is. All you need to do is make the right choices and then things will go the right way.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
10. “It is all about your decision—that will decide what place you will be in.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
11. “It’s not over. I’m confident they can do it. But it’s not a closed case.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
12. “I want to continue to learn because I plan on being around.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
13. “I told him she isn’t interested in selling yet.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
14. “I have my Master’s Degree but I learned more at my dinner table than any class I ever took. My dad would come home from the sweat factory and put the money on the table and say Mea, here is some money for insurance and food and we always had that little extra for Friday night pizza at Barcelona’s.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
15. “An All-American is an ordinary person with an extraordinary desire to excel. You don’t get to the top of the mountain by just dreaming. It’s nice to dream. But it’s the work ethic and pride that makes you get to that mountain top and that level of success.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
16. “Life has good and bad times. And to get through them you have to battle. Life is not all smooth. I’ve had my bumps and bruises, like anybody, but I’ve always tried to look at life like a glass that’s half full.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
17. “A winner is someone who can look in the mirror at the end of the day and say in pursuit of my goal and dreams I gave my best.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
Popular Dick Vitale Quotes
18. “My parents were my heroes and my role models. So I thought long and hard over decisions that I would make because I never wanted to disappoint them and break their hearts.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
19. “The glory of sport is witnessing a well-coached team perform as a single unit, striving for a common goal and ultimately bringing distinction to the jersey the players represent.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
20. “The clothes do not match my personality. I’m more of a very conservative, blue-blazer kind of guy. But as far as my personality, it’s a lot of hot-dog mustard – have a lot of a fun and a lot of excitement. I feel like I’m 68; I act like I’m 12, talking about a game of basketball.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
21. “A loser is someone who makes excuses and alibis and blames everyone else for their losses and failures.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
22. “Glue guys aren’t superstars. They’re not the No. 1 option. They just do things only coaches really appreciate. The stars get the headlines, but glue guys help you get in the winner’s circle. I don’t think you can win without having that kind of player.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
23. “My perfect day is to wake up with all kinds of energy and enthusiasm for the day, have a list of what I want to achieve, and at the end of the day look in the mirror and think man, this has been perfect. Everything I planned became a reality.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
24. “Really, UCLA’s a great place as well, but they don’t have the kind of environment they have here. The fans here have a passion.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
25. “Looking back, I remember telling my daughters that we didn’t have money, pizzazz and a lot of the things we have today, but we had so much love and we lived like millionaires.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
26. “The courtside seats belong to the kids.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
Top Dick Vitale Quotes
27. “One day to see that headline, not that someone won a basketball championship, but to see that a cure for cancer has been found, will be a great day for mankind.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
28. “It’s the greatest achievement I’ve ever witnessed in all my years of being a coach and a television personality. I really, absolutely have been blown away.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
29. “Coaching to me is the ultimate high, especially when you have a game plan and you see that game plan executed to perfection. To see those players take what you put in front of them in preparation and turn it into a masterpiece – it doesn’t get any better than that.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
30. “It was an incredible effort by the Irish down in Tallahassee. Jameis Winston was too tough in the second half; congrats to the Seminoles.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
31. “It is time for everyone to sit down -the NCAA, the NBA, the players union and the coaching fraternity-and come up with suitable solutions to these problems.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
32. “You’d have to live in a cave not to know about the Carrier Dome. It put Syracuse on the map.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
33. “Time is the key. If you give something your time, things bloom beautifully. Things happen beautifully when they are given time.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
34. “Coaching to me is the ultimate high, especially when you have a game plan and you see that game plan executed to perfection.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
35. “If you gave 110 percent all the time, a lot of beautiful things will happen.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
36. “The courtside seats belong to the kids.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
37. “I’m a basketball guy. No sitcom guy. I don’t care about all that jazz. I care about basketball.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
Famous Dick Vitale Quotes
38. “I do a lot of motivational speaking in front of crowds, so I learn from some of these people. I really do, even at my age.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
39. “I want to keep going until I’m 100. I’m serious, baby.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
40. “I love seeing people that have control of a crowd in the palm of their hand. It’s beautiful for me to see.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
41. “Give it your best. They will call you a winner.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
42. “It was not about having a degree. It was about real learning about life. That doesn’t happen in class. That happens in the world outside.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
43. “It is only people around you that are going to be your best teachers.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
44. “Your every plan may not work. You may always not be the best. The idea is to give the best.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
45. “One of my biggest gifts ever, my mother made a Yankee uniform for me as a little boy, and I wore it to bed dreaming I could pitch in the major leagues and then be a Yankee.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
Short Dick Vitale Quotes
46. “Your mistakes are your own. Learn from them. Be the ideal individual. When you start making excuses for them, then you become a real loser.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
47. “Your failure is your own. Wear it as if you have a crown. Learn from it. Don’t blame it on others like a loser.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
48. “People that don’t know me think that basketball is my life 24/7. Trust me, there is much more to my life. My number one priority in my life is my family.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
49. “Bottom line is, I love the game too much. There’s no place in the game for coaches talking on wiretaps about buying players.” ~ (Dick Vitale).
50. “It’s not me. And I stayed with what I did, and I’m very proud that I did that because I make a great living and I’m lucky and I get to be involved with the thing I truly love, and that’s the game of basketball.” ~ (Dick Vitale).