George Lucas is a famous film director, producer, screenwriter, and entrepreneur.
Inspirational George Lucas Quotes
1. “Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” ~ (George Lucas).
2. “No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” ~ (George Lucas).
3. “These Are Not The Droids You Are Looking For.” ~ George Lucas.
4. “We’re a couple of shooting stars, Biggs, and we’ll never be stopped.” ~ George Lucas, Star Wars: A New Hope.
5. “In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” ~ George Lucas.
6. “A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing.” ~ George Lucas.
7. “Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults that we would like. It’s the only way we grow.” ~ George Lucas.
8. “We are all living in cages with the door wide open.” ~ (George Lucas).
9. “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.” ~ (George Lucas).
10. “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.” ~ (George Lucas).
11. “You must let go of your past and embrace your future and figure out what path you’re going to go down.” ~ (George Lucas).
Popular George Lucas Quotes
12. “Time is more important to me than money.” ~ (George Lucas).
13. “Everybody has talent, it’s just a matter of moving around until you’ve discovered what it is.” ~ (George Lucas).
14. “Education is the single most important job of the human race.” ~ (George Lucas).
15. “Teachers are the most important individuals in our society – nothing is as powerful as the human touch in education.” ~ (George Lucas).
16. “Never tell me the odds!” ~ (George Lucas).
17. “The sciences are the ‘how,’ and the humanities are the ‘why’ – why are we here, why do we believe in the things we believe in. I don’t think you can have the ‘how’ without the ‘why.’” ~ (George Lucas).
18. “You can’t do it unless you can imagine it.” ~ (George Lucas).
19. “In my experience, there’s no such thing as luck.” ~ (George Lucas).
20. “Someday you’re going to have to learn to separate what seems to be important from what really is important.” ~ (George Lucas).
21. “It’s hard work making movies. It’s like being a doctor: you work long hours, very hard hours, and it’s emotional, tense work. If you don’t really love it, then it ain’t worth it.” ~ (George Lucas).
Top George Lucas Quotes
22. “The secret is not to give up hope. It’s very hard not to because if you’re really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side.” ~ (George Lucas).
23. “The sound and music are 50% of the entertainment in a movie.” ~ (George Lucas).
24. “They were at the wrong place at the wrong time naturally they became heroes.” ~ (George Lucas).
25. “Working hard is very important. You’re not going to get anywhere without working extremely hard.” ~ (George Lucas).
26. “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” ~ (George Lucas).
27. “You really have to focus on what you’re doing and just plow ahead no matter what hurdles are thrown in front of you.” ~ (George Lucas).
28. “Success is when you try to achieve your inward vision externally and have it come off the way you see it. Then YOU feel successful about it; that’s how success is measured.” ~ (George Lucas).
29. “You have the most important job of anyone today. Our kids need you to advocate for their futures.” ~ (George Lucas).
30. “Most organisms either adapt and become part of the system, or get wiped out. The only thing we have to adapt to the system with is our brain. If we don’t use it, and we don’t adapt fast enough, we won’t survive.” ~ (George Lucas).
31. “Sometimes you must let go of your pride and do what is asked of us. Anakin Skywalker, Episode 2: Attack of the Clones.” ~ (George Lucas).
Famous George Lucas Quotes
32. “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will…” ~ (George Lucas).
33. “You have to find something that you love enough to be able to take risks.” ~ (George Lucas).
34. “Any society begins by realizing that together, by helping each other, you can survive better than if you fight each other and compete with each other.” ~ (George Lucas).
35. “All democracies turn into dictatorships – but not by coup. The people give their democracy to a dictator, whether it’s Julius Caesar or Napoleon or Adolf Hitler. Ultimately, the general population goes along with the idea…” ~ (George Lucas).
36. “Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” ~ (George Lucas).
37. “It’s okay to lose; just don’t lose the lesson.” ~ (George Lucas).
38. “If you want to be successful in a particular field of endeavor, I think perseverance is one of the key qualities.” ~ (George Lucas).
39. “Real love is on the inside. It’s somebody you have a common ground with, you share the same values, you share the same interests, you share the same humor, you share all those things that are things that will last you the rest of your life.” ~ (George Lucas).
40. “If America is the pursuit of happiness, the best way to pursue happiness is to help other people.” ~ (George Lucas).
41. “If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office.” ~ (George Lucas).
42. “From kindergarten to college, certain teachers engaged my curiosity and motivated me to learn. While I was not the best student, their efforts left a lasting impact.” ~ (George Lucas).
Great George Lucas Quotes
43. “The one way the world hasn’t changed: teaching is still the most important job.” ~ (George Lucas).
44. “Don’t avoid the clichés – they are clichés because they work!” ~ (George Lucas).
45. “I’ve always tried to be aware of what I say in my films, because all of us who make motion pictures are teachers – teachers with very loud voices.” ~ (George Lucas).
46. “The best way to truly understand narrative art is to experience it.” ~ (George Lucas).
47. “My first six years in the business were hopeless. There are a lot of times when you sit and you say “Why am I doing this? I’ll never make it. It’s just not going to happen. I should go out and get a real job, and try to survive.”” ~ (George Lucas).
48. “A talent is a combination of something you love a great deal and something you can lose yourself in – something that you can start at 9 o’clock, look up from your work and it’s 10 o’clock at night.” ~ (George Lucas).
49. “Do or do not, there is no try.” ~ (George Lucas).
50. “I like to say that films are never finished, they’re only abandoned.” ~ (George Lucas).
51. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ (George Lucas).
52. “May the Force be with you.” ~ (George Lucas).
53. “Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.” ~ (George Lucas).
54. “So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.” ~ (George Lucas).
55. “Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” ~ (George Lucas).