Lysa TerKeurst is a Christian non-fiction author and speaker from the United States.
She is the author of more than a dozen books, including Uninvited, which was a #1 New York Times bestseller.
She is the President of Proverbs 31 Ministries.
We’ve compiled a selection of some of her finest works for you.
Best Lysa TerKeurst Books
1. Forgiving What You Can’t Forget: Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That’s Beautiful Again
Have you ever been trapped in a loop of unresolved anguish, replaying transgressions in your head? You know you can’t keep on like this, but you’re at a loss for what to do.
Lysa TerKeurst has fought her way through it. But, in unexpected ways, she’s found how to let go of bottled-up hatred and overcome her aversion to forgiving those who refuse to make amends.
Lysa will assist you by providing profound empathy, therapeutic insight, and comprehensive Bible teaching based on more than 1,000 hours of theological study.
- When the other person refuses to change and never apologizes, learn how to go on.
- Take a step-by-step approach to letting go of the pain of your past and feeling less offended now.
- Learn the truth about forgiveness in the Bible and the serenity that comes from practicing it right now.
- Identify what’s robbing your relationships of trust and vulnerability so you can think there’s still hope.
- By accepting the two fundamental components of forgiveness, you can disempower the triggers that are hijacking your emotions.
2. Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely
Clara Delany has struck rock bottom as she goes into the Aces High Motorcycle Club’s hangout. She’s trying to keep her car from being repossessed, she has less than two dollars in her bank account, and the only job she can find is delivering messages for a criminal.
It’s all thanks to a guy. As a result, she has sworn off them. Then she meets West “Buck” Hardy, the Aces High MC’s president.
Buck also meets her, and the moment he does, he lets everyone know (except Clara) that they’re about to start something. Because Clara does not get that message, she chooses to leave Buck and clean up her life before returning to him.
Clara isn’t gone for long before life throws her another curveball. Buck and his gang will have to ride in and save the day. Buck makes no apologies for where they stand after that. Does he, on the other hand?
3. It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
Life frequently appears to be extremely different from what we wanted or expected. Some incidents take us off guard for a brief period, while others totally devastate us.
We become disillusioned and disappointed, and we begin to doubt aloud about the truth of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst is well aware of this. But she’s also found that our disappointments may be heavenly appointments that our souls require in order to have a life-changing experience with God.
Lysa welcomes us inside her personal spiritual journey in “It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way,” and with grit, vulnerability, and honest humour, she guides us to:
- Learn how to properly manage unfulfilled expectations and other painful events to avoid getting drawn into disappointment anxiety.
- Develop the ability to detect the enemy’s three methods so that we may remain strong and persist in the face of difficult relationships and unclear outcomes.
- Learn the secret to remaining calm and not panicking when God gives us more than we can bear.
- Substitute the biblical assurance that God is safeguarding and preparing us for our future with our concern that God is harsh or unjust.
- Know how to encourage a friend and assist her in navigating difficult situations with the aid of God’s truth.
4. Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God Is Holding You Close
Embraced has 100 devotions that will speak to women of all ages by providing a biblical perspective on the challenges they encounter on a daily basis.
A genuine hug denotes a high level of intimacy. It’s not a friendly handshake or a high five. When someone we love flings their arms wide open and draws us in close, it’s the finest type of hug.
Readers will be empowered to do the following through these 100 devotions, daily scriptures, and prayer prompts:
- Begin by discovering new methods to feel God’s love and more real ways to trust Him in order to break free from the problems that have kept them captive.
- Process their deepest pains with Lysa, a friend who knows their grief, in a godly manner.
- Learn how to seek the Lord’s direction and hear Him speak directly to their hearts.
- Let go of the stress of thinking, “If God is so close, why does He seem so far away at times?” Every day, spend purposeful, guided time with Him.
5. Is God Speaking to Me?: How to Discern His Voice and Direction
It’s not just for a chosen few to live with a greater awareness of God’s guiding; it’s also for you! Have you ever considered whether God still communicates with us today? Or are you concerned that what you think is God’s voice is actually your own thoughts? You’re not the only one who feels this way.
Lysa TerKeurst recounts her own struggles with these issues in “Is God Speaking to Me?” and how God has taught her to more clearly identify His guidance in her daily life.
Lysa will help you by using Scripture, uplifting personal experiences, and practical application.
- Learn to identify and respond to the Lord’s divine appointments for you instead of just going through the routines of life.
- De-mystify the concept of listening to God by asking five essential questions to evaluate whether or not what you’re discerning is from Him.
- Learn how to live in anticipation of hearing from the Lord and experience the delight of genuinely living with Him.
Is it possible that God is speaking to me? is both an invitation to a life of adventure with the Lord and a sensitive reminder that we serve a God who adores us and longs to talk to us individually.
6. Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions
Do your emotions ever seem like they’re working against you? Lysa TerKeurst tells us that we can make our emotions work for us, whether we are stuffing down feelings, exploding with emotions, or reacting somewhere in the between.
Lysa acknowledges that, like most women, she has experienced situations when people make her happy and she becomes emotionally unstable. The good news is that God created us emotions to help us experience life rather than to ruin it. Lysa teaches us how to utilise our emotions for good via honest personal experiences and biblical instruction.
Unglued will give you the skills to:
- Have confidence in your ability to settle disagreement in critical relationships.
- Learn to be honest yet gentle when insulted in order to find harmony in your most challenging relationships.
- Determine what sort of reactor you are and how to enhance your communication considerably.
- Manage your tendency to stuff, erupt, or react somewhere in between to respond with no regrets.
- Develop a profound feeling of serenity by reacting calmly to events that are beyond your control.
7. Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food
What if, instead of attempting to suppress your urges, you began to listen to them?
This book is what you’ve been missing if you’re tired of the same old themes of eat less and move more. You already know “how to” get healthy, but now there’s a book that can help you discover your “want to”, the long-term emotional and spiritual desire to achieve your objectives and stay healthy.
The truth is that we were created to crave. Cravings aren’t always a negative thing. However, we must understand that God designed us to yearn for more of him.
Many of us have lost that desire by focusing on temporary physical pleasures rather than long-term spiritual fulfilment.
Lysa TerKeurst, the New York Times bestselling author of “It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way” and “Uninvited,” encourages you to discover the missing connection between a woman’s desire to be healthy and the spiritual empowerment required to achieve it.
Lysa will guide you through the following tasks in this book:
- Stop saying to yourself, “I’ll start again Monday,” and start feeling good about yourself now.
- Make peace with your body instead than worrying about numbers on the scale.
- Replace failure-inducing rationalizations with victory-inducing insights.
- Achieve your health objectives while also becoming closer to God.
This isn’t a manual on how to do anything. This isn’t the most up-to-date diet on the market.
This book is a must-have companion for you to utilize in conjunction with whatever healthy lifestyle plan you select.
This book and Bible study will help you discover your “want to” when it comes to adopting healthy lifestyle choices.
You Might Like
- Best Graphic Novels
- Best Bernard Cornwell Books
- Best Psychology Books
- Best Stephen King Books
- Best Kristin Hannah Books
- Best Sylvia Day Books
- Best Kristen Ashley Books
- Best Cryptography Books
- Best Reddit Books
- Best Mitch Albom Books
- Star Wars Books
- Hypnosis Books
- Wolf Books
- Tennis Books
- Snowboarding Books
- Marine Biology Books
- Jen Hatmaker Books
- Programming Audiobooks