Mae Jemison is an engineer, physician, and former NASA astronaut from the United States.
When she worked as a mission specialist aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour, she became the first black woman to fly into space.
Jemison entered NASA’s astronaut corps in 1987 and was chosen for the STS-47 mission on September 12–20, 1992, during which she orbited the Earth for over eight days.
We have curated some of the best quotes from Mae Carol Jemison for you.
Best Mae Jemison Quotes
1. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
2. “The future never just happened. It was created.” ~ (Mae Carol Jemison).
3. “Once I got into space, I was feeling very comfortable in the universe. I felt like I had a right to be anywhere in this universe, that I belonged here as much as any speck of stardust, any comet, any planet.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
4. “You have the right to be involved. You have something important to contribute, and you have to take the risk to contribute it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
5. “Greatness can be captured in one word: lifestyle. Life is God’s gift to you, style is what you make of it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Popular Mae Jemison Quotes
6. “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
7. “What we find is that if you have a goal that is very, very far out, and you approach it in little steps, you start to get there faster. Your mind opens up to the possibilities.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
8. “I always knew I’d go to space.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
9. “We look at science as something very elite, which only a few people can learn. That’s just not true. You just have to start early and give kids a foundation. Kids live up, or down, to expectations.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Top Mae Jemison Quotes
10. “The thing that I have done throughout my life is to do the best job that I can and to be me.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
11. “Science provides an understanding of a universal experience, and arts provides a universal understanding of a personal experience.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
12. “When God made the color purple, God was just showing off.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
13. “The arts and sciences are avatars of human creativity.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
14. “I wanted to be a professional dancer for a period of time, and I did a lot of dancing and choreography and got paid for it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
15. “Some of the most fun people I know are scientists.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Famous Mae Jemison Quotes
16. “As an astronaut, you have a very defined set of tasks to do. Those tasks may require you to work 60, 70 or 80 hours a week.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
17. “My parents were comfortable with me exploring areas that they were not proficient in. Some parents just aren’t comfortable with that.” ~ (Mae Jemison).