Mae Jemison is the first African American woman in space who is also a doctor, engineer and former NASA astronaut.
Born in Alabama and raised in Chicago, she graduated from Stanford and Cornell universities.
Despite racial discrimination, she persisted, serving as a Peace Corps medical officer before joining NASA. Post-NASA, she founded The Jemison Group, taught at Dartmouth, created an international space camp and a nonprofit organization.
Currently, she leads the 100 Year Starship project. Her life is a testament to resilience, academic excellence, and significant contributions to community activities.
Below I have outlined the most famous quotes by Mae Jemison.
Best Mae Jemison Quotes
1. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
2. “The future never just happened. It was created.” ~ (Mae Carol Jemison).
3. “Once I got into space, I was feeling very comfortable in the universe. I felt like I had a right to be anywhere in this universe, that I belonged here as much as any speck of stardust, any comet, any planet.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
4. “You have the right to be involved. You have something important to contribute, and you have to take the risk to contribute it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
5. “Greatness can be captured in one word: lifestyle. Life is God’s gift to you, style is what you make of it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Popular Mae Jemison Quotes
6. “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
7. “What we find is that if you have a goal that is very, very far out, and you approach it in little steps, you start to get there faster. Your mind opens up to the possibilities.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
8. “I always knew I’d go to space.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
9. “We look at science as something very elite, which only a few people can learn. That’s just not true. You just have to start early and give kids a foundation. Kids live up, or down, to expectations.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Top Mae Jemison Quotes
10. “The thing that I have done throughout my life is to do the best job that I can and to be me.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
11. “Science provides an understanding of a universal experience, and arts provides a universal understanding of a personal experience.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
12. “When God made the color purple, God was just showing off.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
13. “The arts and sciences are avatars of human creativity.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
14. “I wanted to be a professional dancer for a period of time, and I did a lot of dancing and choreography and got paid for it.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
15. “Some of the most fun people I know are scientists.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
Famous Mae Jemison Quotes
16. “As an astronaut, you have a very defined set of tasks to do. Those tasks may require you to work 60, 70 or 80 hours a week.” ~ (Mae Jemison).
17. “My parents were comfortable with me exploring areas that they were not proficient in. Some parents just aren’t comfortable with that.” ~ (Mae Jemison).