Sheryl Sandberg is an American businesswoman, philanthropist, and billionaire.
Motivational Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
1. “Speak up. Believe in yourself. Take risks.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
2. “Careers are a jungle gym, not a ladder.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
3. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
4. “If you do please everyone, you are not making enough progress.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
5. “You need to feel that you’re making a difference.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
6. “Build your skills not your resume.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
7. “Aiming for perfection causes frustration at best and paralysis at worst.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
8. “Done is better than perfect.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
9. “So please ask yourself: What would I do if I weren’t afraid? And then go do it.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
10. “Your life’s course will not be determined by doing the things that you are certain you can do. Those are the easy things. It will be determined by whether you try the things that are hard.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
11. “Getting from point A to point Z can be daunting unless you remember that you don’t have to get from A to Z. You just have to get from A to B. Breaking big dreams into small steps is the way to move forward.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
12. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
13. “Don’t be afraid to ask the ‘dumb’ question, everyone else will be relieved you had the guts to ask!” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
14. “Bring your whole self to work. I don’t believe we have a professional self Monday through Friday and a real self the rest of the time. It is all professional and it is all personal.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
15. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
16. “Believe in yourself and negotiate for yourself. Own your own success.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
17. “Leadership is not bullying and leadership is not aggression. Leadership is the expectation that you can use your voice for good. That you can make the world a better place.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
18. “The cost of stability is often diminished opportunities for growth.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
19. “I’ve seen over and over how much self-belief drives outcomes. And that’s why I force myself to sit at the table, even when I am not sure I belong there – and yes, this still happens to me. And when I’m not sure anyone wants my opinion, I take a deep breath and speak up anyway.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
20. “It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
Popular Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
21. “If more women are in leadership roles, we’ll stop assuming they shouldn’t be.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
22. “We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
23. “There is no such thing as work-life balance. There is work, there is life, and there is no balance.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
24. “The reason I don’t have a plan is because if I have a plan I’m limited to today’s options.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
25. “We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
26. “Fortune does favor the bold and you’ll never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
27. “Real empathy is sometimes not insisting that it will be okay but acknowledging that it is not.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
28. “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
29. “The path to change is best traveled when we travel together.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
30. “The most important career decision you’ll make is who your life partner is.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
31. “Trying to do it all and expecting that it all can be done exactly right is a recipe for disappointment. Perfection is the enemy.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
32. “Excel and you will get a mentor.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
33. “Women attribute their success to working hard, luck, and help from other people. Men will attribute that – whatever success they have, that same success – to their own core skills.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
34. “I feel really grateful to the people who encouraged me and helped me develop. Nobody can succeed on their own.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
35. “The time is long overdue to encourage more women to dream the possible dream.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
36. “I want my daughter to have the choice not just to succeed, but to be liked for her accomplishments.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
37. “Nobody can succeed on their own.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
38. “Its time to cheer on girls and women who want to sit at the table.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
39. “Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
40. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
Top Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
41. “When you’re more valuable, the people around you will do more to make it work.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
42. “Social media has created a historical shift from the historically powerful to the historically powerless. Now everyone has a voice.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
43. “As a country and as a world, we are not comfortable with women in leadership roles. We call little girls bossy.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
44. “Without fear, women can pursue professional success and personal fulfillment-and freely choose one, or the other, or both.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
45. “The promise of equality is not the same as true equality.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
47. “No industry or country can reach its full potential until women reach their full potential.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
46. “The best way to make room for both life and career is to make choices deliberately-to set limits and stick to them.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
48. “Most people assume that women are responsible for households and child care. Most couples operate that way – not all. That fundamental assumption holds women back.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
49. “I’m not writing about things other women do. I’m writing for other women to have more self-confidence because I need it myself! And if more women were in power, I would feel more comfortable.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
50. “The most important thing – and I’ve said it a hundred times and I’ll say it a hundred times – if you marry a man, marry the right one.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
51. “At Facebook, we try to be a strengths-based organization, which means we try to make jobs fit around people rather than make people fit around jobs. We focus on what people’s natural strengths are and spend our management time trying to find ways for them to use those strengths every day.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
52. “A truly equal world would be one where women ran half our countries and companies and men ran half our homes.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
53. “Men can comfortably claim credit for what they do as long as they don’t veer into arrogance. For women, taking credit comes at a real social and professional cost.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
54. “It’s more pressure on women to – if they marry or partner with someone, to partner with the right person. Because you cannot have a full career and a full life at home with your children if you are also doing all of the housework and child care.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
55. “The things that hold women back, hold them back from sitting at the boardroom table and they hold women back from speaking at the PTA meeting.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
56. “Talking can transform minds, which can transform behaviors, which can transform institutions.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
57. “Success for me is that if my son chooses to be a stay-at-home parent, he is cheered on for that decision. And if my daughter chooses to work outside the home and is successful, she is cheered on and supported.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
58. “Don’t make decisions too far in advance, particularly ones you’re not even conscious you’re making.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
59. “For any of us in this room today, let’s start out by admitting we’re lucky. We don’t live in the world our mothers lived in, our grandmothers lived in, where career choices for women were so limited.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
60. “It turns out that a husband who does the laundry, it’s very romantic when you’re older. And it’s hard to believe when you’re younger. But it’s absolutely true.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
61. “Men feel like they can be a professional and a father. For women it’s “or.” That’s offensive to me. The concept that it’s not possible is crazy.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
62. “Framing the issue of work-life balance – as if the two were dramatically opposed – practically ensures work will lose out. Who would ever choose work over life?” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
63. “Someone who values fairness and expects or, even better, wants to do his share in the home. These men exist and, trust me, over time, nothing is sexier.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
64. “Facebook is great for women and men. We are enormously flexible. We care a lot about great opportunities for women, we push ourselves to make things as flexible as possible.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
65. “I want to tell any young girl out there who’s a geek, I was a really serious geek in high school. It works out. Study harder.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
66. “I just believed. I believed that the technology would change people’s lives. I believed putting real identity online – putting technology behind real identity – was the missing link.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
67. “Social gains are never handed out. They must be seized.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
68. “When woman work outside the home and share breadwinning duties, couples are more likely to stay together. In fact, the risk of divorce reduces by about half when a wife earns half the income and a husband does half the housework.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
69. “The most important thing is to have a more open and honest dialogue about gender issues.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
Famous Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
70. “When my mother took her turn to sit in a gown at her graduation, she thought she only had two career options: nursing and teaching. She raised me and my sister to believe that we could do anything, and we believed her.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
71. “I’m not pretending I can give advice to every single person or every single couple for every situation; I’m making the point that we are not going to get to equality in the workforce before we get to equality in the home. Not going to happen.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
72. “As a man gets more successful, powerful, he is more liked, and as a woman gets more successful, she is less liked, and that’s true by both women and men.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
73. “I really think we need more women to lean into their careers and to be really dedicated to staying in the workforce.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
74. “Real change will come when powerful women are less of an exception. It is easy to dislike senior women because there are so few.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
75. “It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of pregnancy or gender. It is not illegal to talk about it.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
76. “I believe we need affordable child care. I believe we need flexibility. I believe we need institutional reform and public policy reform.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
77. “We’ve got to get women to sit at the table.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
78. “I understood the power of the prayer “Let me not die while I am still alive.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
79. “Success and likeability are positively correlated for men and negatively for women. When a man is successful, he is liked by both men and women. When a woman is successful, people of both genders like her less.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
80. “I have a five year-old son and a three year-old daughter. I want my son to have a choice to contribute fully in the workforce or at home. And I want my daughter to have the choice to not just succeed, but to be liked for her accomplishments.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
81. “I wish I were strong enough to ignore what others say, but experience tells me I often can’t. Allowing myself to feel upset, even really upset, and then move on – that’s something I can do.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
82. “Let’s have an honest conversation about what’s going on. A man and a man at a bar looks like mentoring. A man and a woman at a bar looks like dating.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
83. “Women don’t take enough risks. Men are just ‘foot on the gas pedal.’ We’re not going to close the achievement gap until we close the ambition gap.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
84. “We know when we use the full talents of our population we’re more productive. And we know that when people really feel like they can have flexible lives, they’re better employees.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
85. “We’ve ceased making progress at the top in any industry anywhere in the world. In the United States, women have had 14% of the top corporate jobs and 17% of the board seats for 10 years. Ten years of no progress.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
86. “But the upside of painful knowledge is so much greater than the downside of blissful ignorance.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
87. “And in situations where a man and a woman each receive negative feedback, the woman’s self-confidence and self-esteem drop to a much greater degree. The internalization of failure and the insecurity it breeds hurt future performance, so this pattern has serious long-term consequences.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
88. “Both men and women react negatively when women negotiate on their own behalf. A man can just negotiate: “I have a better offer. That’s not enough to make my family’s ends meet.” No one feels bad about it. But when a woman does that, there’s a backlash.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
Short Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
89. “Coming from Google, you don’t exactly spend a lot of time at Microsoft.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
90. “The best decision I ever made was to marry Dave.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
91. “We’re focused on doing one thing incredibly well. If you look at other companies, all of these companies are doing a lot of different things but we’re still, as we grow, doing exactly one thing.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
92. “I wish I could just go tell all the young women I work with, all these fabulous women, ‘Believe in yourself and negotiate for yourself. Own your own success.’ I wish I could tell that to my daughter. But it’s not that simple.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
93. “When the man is traveling with a man, he says, “Let’s stay up late and work on this and get this to be better.” When the man’s traveling with the woman, for the sake of appearances he doesn’t do the work with her. That’s a lost opportunity for her to be a success.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
94. “When I was in high school, I was voted most likely to succeed.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
95. “It’s pretty exciting to take real people living in the real world, their opinions, and have people have to react to that. As opposed to their perceptions of what people are thinking, which are often very different.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
96. “Over the last 10 years, women have stalled out at the top.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
Best Sheryl Sandberg Quotes
97. “You know, there has never been a 24-hour period in five years when I have not responded to email at Facebook. I am not saying it’s easy. I work long hours.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
98. “I spent most of my career, including my time at McKinsey, never acknowledging that I was a woman. And, you know, fast forward – I’m 43 now – fitting in is not helping us.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
99. “But I really believe that when you give people authentic identity, which is what Facebook does, and you can be your real self and connect with real people online, things will change.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
100. “The No. 1 impediment to women succeeding in the workforce is now in the home.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
101. “I go around the room and ask people, ‘What do you think?’” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).
102. “Pages on Facebook are allowed to be anonymous. That is really important. People start revolutions; we need anonymity.” ~ (Sheryl Sandberg).