Susan Diane Wojcicki is an American tech executive, born on July 5, 1968 in Santa Clara, California.
She has been the CEO of YouTube since 2014, after serving as senior vice president of marketing at Google, YouTube’s parent company.
She was instrumental in the development of Google’s advertising platforms, AdWords and AdSense and in acquiring start-ups DoubleClick and AdMob.
Wojcicki also contributed to the launch of Google Video and the acquisition of YouTube.
A proponent of paid parental leave, she leads YouTube, which boasts over a billion monthly users.
In this post, I have listed down the top quotes by Susan Wojcicki.
Inspirational Susan Wojcicki Quotes on Technology & Success
1. “Work smart. Get things done. No nonsense. Move fast.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
2. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
3. “From phones to cars to medicine, technology touches every part of our lives. If you can create technology, you can change the world.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
4. “Rarely are opportunities presented to you in a perfect way. In a nice little box with a yellow bow on top. ‘Here, open it, it’s perfect. You’ll love it.’ Opportunities – the good ones – are messy, confusing and hard to recognize. They’re risky. They challenge you.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
5. “Learning to code makes kids feel empowered, creative, and confident. If we want our young women to retain these traits into adulthood, a great option is to expose them to computer programming in their youth.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
6. “It’s important for me to show my children the richness of life and be a role model. I find that my organizational and management skills are tested more at home than at work!” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
7. “Engineering is a jeans and hoodie culture, and sales is more formal.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
8. “Right now, offline and online are coming together because of smartphones.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
9. “Things are always changing. Part of being successful here is being comfortable with not knowing what’s going to happen.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
10. “At the end of the day, both men and women who become CEOs have showed tenacity and hard work to succeed in their careers. It takes not just skills but also extreme dedication and commitment. And regardless of gender, CEOs are measured by the same criteria – the growth and success of the business.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
Popular Susan Wojcicki Quotes
11. “Let’s face it: Engineering companies in general have more men than women. Google has tried really hard to recruit women. On the other hand, we have a standard. Google tries to recruit the best engineers.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
12. “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
13. “Today, most young women are exposed to technology at a very young age, with mobile phones, tablets, the Web or social media. They are much more proficient with technology than prior generations since they use it for all their school work, communication and entertainment.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
14. “Though we do need more women to graduate with technical degrees, I always like to remind women that you don’t need to have science or technology degrees to build a career in tech.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
15. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
16. “My smartest move was joining Google. It wasn’t obvious at the time that it would be a good decision. A lot of people, many of my friends, advised me against it.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
17. “Many women assume they can’t be good mothers and have challenging careers at the same time, so they might give up trying to do both as they get to a crucial point in their career. Although it can be hard at times, it’s important for women to recognize the benefits of working outside the home.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
18. “People at different stages of their lives are doing different things, and they’re all using Google.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
19. “I have tried to be a leader. I have tried in my role of being one of the first women at Google, let alone the first woman to have a baby, to really try to set the tone that this is a great place to work for diversity reasons.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
Top Susan Wojcicki Quotes
20. “Advertising is very simple in a lot of ways. Advertisers go where the users go, and users are choosing to spend a lot more time online. Advertising is a very fundamental need, so I don’t think it’s going to go away.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
21. “There are unlimited opportunities for display advertising. In fact, we’re in the process of massive change in the display industry – how it’s bought, how it’s sold, and how it’s targeted.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
22. “The main motivations were to try to leverage Google’s expertise with large computer systems and to try to give something back to science.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
23. “Google is fascinating, and the book isn’t finished. I’m creating, living, building, and writing those chapters.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
24. “My most radical shift was leaving Intel and joining Google, a small startup at the time, even though I was pregnant.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
25. “Growth is always essential. Running any tech company, you want to make sure you’re growing. Putting in place all of the right structure to be able to ensure growth.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
Famous Susan Wojcicki Quotes
26. “The reason I like my job is that I have this desire to create. I have this desire to create things and build things, and Google has enabled me to build and create things and to build products that are used by people all over the globe.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
27. “I’m excited about the opportunities with mobile phones and being able to receive information on the go and relevant to what I’m doing at that moment in time.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
28. “There are lots of people in the Silicon Valley who are interested in working at a fast-moving, dynamic company like Google. Not just my family members.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
29. “I have had a lot of setbacks that I have learned from.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
30. “We are a consumer company and our success is directly linked to our users trusting us. Therefore we have the same incentive as the user: they want to see relevant advertising so their experience of Google is positive and we want to deliver it.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).
31. “If you are working 24/7, you’re not going to have any interesting ideas.” ~ (Susan Wojcicki).