Trevor Noah is a comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, and actor from South Africa.
Inspirational & Motivational Trevor Noah Quotes
1. “For my mother. My first fan. Thank you for making me a man.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
2. “I was wanted. Being chosen is the greatest gift you can give to another human being.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
3. “He liked to be liked by the world, which made his abuse even harder to deal with. Because if you think someone is a monster and the whole world says he’s a saint, you begin to think that you’re the bad person.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
4. “If you spoke to me in Zulu, I replied to you in Zulu. If you spoke to me in Tswana, I replied to you in Tswana. Maybe I didn’t look like you, but if I spoke like you, I was you.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
5. “Growing up the way I did, I learned how easy it is for white people to get comfortable with a system that awards them all the perks.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
6. “We live in a world where we don’t see the ramifications of what we do to others because we don’t live with them.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
7. “If you stop to consider the ramifications, you’ll never do anything.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
8. “In America, the dream is to make it out of the ghetto. In Soweto, because there was no leaving the ghetto, the dream was to transform the ghetto.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
9. “Racism teaches us that we are different because of the color of our skin. But because racism is stupid, it’s easily tricked.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
10. “A kid cannot dream of being an astronaut if he does not know about space.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
11. “Whilst my mother couldn’t give me access to the world, she at least made sure to let me know it existed.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
12. “Love is a creative act. When you love someone you create a new world for them. My mother did that for me, and with the progress I made and the things I learned, I came back and created a new world and a new understanding for her.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
Popular Trevor Noah Quotes
13. “As the outsider, you can retreat into a shell, be anonymous, be invisible. Or you can go the other way. You protect yourself by opening up.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
14. “Comfort can be dangerous. Comfort provides a floor but also a ceiling.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
15. “You want to live in a world where someone is good or bad. Where you either hate them or love them. But that’s not how people are.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
16. “We spend so much time being afraid of failure, afraid of rejection. But regret is the thing we should fear most. Failure is an answer. Rejection is an answer. Regret is an eternal question you will never have the answer to.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
17. “Language, even more than color, defines who you are to people.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
18. “People are willing to accept you if they see you as an outsider trying to assimilate into their world. But when they see you as a fellow tribe member attempting to disavow the tribe, that is something they will never forgive.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
19. “You cannot blame anyone else for what you do. You cannot blame your past for who you are. You are responsible for you.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
20. “Language brings with it an identity and a culture, or at least the perception of it. A shared language says ‘we’re the same.’ A language barrier says ‘we’re different.'” ~ (Trevor Noah).
Top Trevor Noah Quotes
21. “As an outsider myself, I always mixed myself with different groups… I’ve never been afraid to go into a different space and relate to those people, because I don’t have a place where I belong and that means I belong everywhere.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
22. “I often meet people in the West who insist that the Holocaust was the worst atrocity in human history, without question. Yes, it was horrific. But I often wonder, with African atrocities like in the Congo, how horrific were they?” ~ (Trevor Noah).
23. “I’ve never been afraid to fall in love, nor impatient to find it.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
24. “We tell people to follow their dreams, but you can only dream of what you can imagine, and, depending on where you come from, your imagination can be quite limited.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
25. “Comedy is a great tool. We are trying to find ways to use humor to enlighten people without preaching to them.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
26. “I always believe that funny is serious and serious is funny. You don’t really need a distinction between them.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
27. “If you laugh with somebody, then you know you share something.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
Famous Trevor Noah Quotes
28. “Often, people who can do, don’t because they’re afraid of what people that can’t do will say about them doing.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
29. “The way I feel onstage is generally the way the audience is going to feel, because I’m imbuing them with that energy. I want you to feel like I feel, so I need to be in the most comfortable space, where I feel the most intimate with this lens.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
30. “So many black families spend all of their time trying to fix the problems of the past. That is the curse of being black and poor, and it is a curse that follows you from generation to generation. My mother calls it “the black tax.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
31. “I was born in South Africa during apartheid, a system of laws that made it illegal for people to mix in South Africa. And this was obviously awkward because I grew up in a mixed family. My mother’s a black woman, South African Xhosa woman… and my father’s Swiss, from Switzerland.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
32. “I like the anonymity, the fact that you’re a stranger making strangers laugh. You aren’t forcing them to laugh – it’s involuntary, and that’s when they give the most honest response.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
33. “A dog is a great thing for a kid to have. It’s like a bicycle but with emotions.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
34. “I think sometimes it’s nice to have perspective on these issues, just so that you understand that it’s not a unique problem that one country deals with, but rather an idea that society as a whole deals with across borders.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
35. “All nonwhites were systematically classified into various groups and subgroups. Then these groups were given differing levels of rights and privileges in order to keep them at odds.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
Short Trevor Noah Quotes
36. “A knowledgeable man is a free man, or at least a man who longs for freedom.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
37. “I saw, more than anything, that relationships are not sustained by violence but by love.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
38. “The unemployment rate, technically speaking, was ‘lower’ in South Africa during apartheid, which makes sense. There was slavery—that’s how everyone was employed. When democracy came, everyone had to be paid a minimum wage.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
39. “Part of the effort to divide black people was to make sure we were separated not just physically but by language as well.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
40. “Apartheid kept me away from my father because he was white, but for almost all the kids I knew on my grandmother’s block in Soweto, apartheid had taken away their fathers as well, just for different reasons.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
41. “You separate people into groups and make them hate one another so you can run them all.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
42. “Try being a white person who adopts the trappings of black culture while still living in the white community. You will face more hate and ridicule and ostracism than you can even begin to fathom.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
43. “I was the first in my family to board an airplane. I was the first in my family to get kicked off an airplane.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
Best Trevor Noah Quotes
44. “I don’t know how to let loose when I’m dancing to the music and the people that made that music are watching me. I’ve never felt so much pressure in life.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
45. “Black people’s dogs don’t play fetch; you don’t throw anything to a black person’s dog unless it’s food.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
46. “The hood has a gravitational pull. It never leaves you behind, but it also never lets you leave.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
47. “The credits from the second ‘Godfather’ are better than ‘Godfather III’.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
48. “If this comedy thing doesn’t work out, I’ve always got poverty to fall back on.” ~ (Trevor Noah).
49. “In life only three things are certain: death, Adobe updates, and taxes.” ~ (Trevor Noah).