Venus Williams is a professional tennis player who is widely recognized as one of the all-time greats in women’s tennis.
Best Venus Williams Quotes
1. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” ~ (Venus Williams).
2. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.” ~ (Venus Williams).
3. “You can never get complacent because a loss is always around the corner.” ~ (Venus Williams).
4. In my mind, I’m always the best. If I walk out on the court and I think the next person is better, I’ve already lost. ~ Venus Williams.
5. The first time you win, nobody picks you; the last time you win, nobody picks you. You’ve just got to pick yourself. ~ Venus Williams.
6. “I have to say accounting almost killed me.” ~ (Venus Williams).
7. “Tennis is mostly mental. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.” ~ (Venus Williams).
8. “Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill, but you can’t play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.” ~ (Venus Williams).
9. “Life is challenging but I’m always up for a challenge.” ~ (Venus Williams).
10. “My ambition is to enjoy my life and to do exactly what I want to do. And I’ll do that. I will be free.” ~ (Venus Williams).
11. “I don’t have time to be negative.” ~ (Venus Williams).
12. “It’s easy to stand back, but to move forward and take a chance, that takes a little more guts, a little more courage.” ~ (Venus Williams).
Popular Venus Williams Quotes
13. “My motto is: I’m alive, so that means I can do anything.” ~ (Venus Williams).
14. “I just try to stay positive and focused on the tennis, not let anything get to me, like crazy questions. But I’m tough, let me tell you, tough as nails.” ~ (Venus Williams).
15. Sometimes when you’re making more errors you want to pull back, but I just need to keep going forward. ~ Venus Williams.
16. I’d like to imagine that in order to beat me a person would have to play almost perfect tennis. ~ Venus Williams.
17. I’m a collaborator. I know I don’t know everything. I don’t want to know everything. ~ Venus Williams.
18. “Chiropractic gives me the flexibility I need to keep in the game.” ~ (Venus Williams).
19. “I don’t want to give anyone an edge in my mind. Every time I walk out on the court, I have to feel I’m the best so I can compete well. A lot of times, my chief rival is just me.” ~ (Venus Williams).
20. “It’s a great feeling to have accomplished what I have, but I want to do more.” ~ (Venus Williams).
21. “I have a lot of dreams, and most of them come true these days.” ~ (Venus Williams).
22. “I’m this overachiever type, I’ll just work and work and I’ll just do it over and over and over again.” ~ (Venus Williams).
23. “I am someone who likes to stay positive.” ~ (Venus Williams).
24. “My first job is big sister and I take that very seriously.” ~ (Venus Williams).
25. “To be a well-rounded person and know what’s going on in the world around you, to have a perspective outside of your sport, is important for every athlete. I’m blessed that our parents gave us that.” ~ (Venus Williams).
Top Venus Williams Quotes
26. “I have been recently diagnosed with Sjogren’s Syndrome, an autoimmune disease which is an ongoing medical condition that affects my energy level and causes fatigue and joint pain.” ~ (Venus Williams).
27. “If I go down, it’s never easy. At least my opponent knows they have to go to the end of the earth to take me out no matter what the circumstances. I do try to compete. Even if it’s not your best day, I just try to walk off the court knowing I gave 100,000 percent.” ~ (Venus Williams).
28. “I guess rumors are more exciting than the truth.” ~ (Venus Williams).
29. “I say accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. If you don’t accessorize, someone else will.” ~ (Venus Williams).
30. “Losses have propelled me to even bigger places, so I understand the importance of losing. You can never get complacent because a loss is always around the corner. It’s in any game that you’re in – a business game or whatever – you can’t get complacent.” ~ (Venus Williams).
31. “If I didn’t play tennis I don’t know where I’d be.” ~ (Venus Williams).
32. “All those lessons that I’ve learned on the court, I have applied them to my life outside of the court in business, my company, called V Starr interiors, an interior design company, and EleVen, which I wear on court.” ~ (Venus Williams).
33. “In the sports arena I would say there is nothing like training and preparation. You have to train your mind as much as your body.” ~ (Venus Williams).
34. “The naysayers, they don’t mean a thing.” ~ (Venus Williams).
35. “Well, when I walk behind short people I feel like I’m going to fall over because I start taking these little steps, and I can’t take little steps.” ~ (Venus Williams).
Famous Venus Williams Quotes
36. “When you lose, you’re more motivated. When you win, you fail to see your mistakes and probably no one can tell you anything.” ~ (Venus Williams).
37. “I love to be busy, and when I’m off the court, I do things I love.” ~ (Venus Williams).
38. “When you step out on the court, I don’t think anybody thinks about age. Because if you’re out on this tour, it means you deserve to be here. You’ve got the skill. It must mean you know how to play.” ~ (Venus Williams).
39. “There is nothing like playing at Wimbledon; you can feel the footprints of the legends of the game-men and women-that have graced those courts.” ~ (Venus Williams).
40. “We’re breaking records and we’re moving forward. I always expected to win Grand Slams. This was meant to be.” ~ (Venus Williams).
41. “Of course, I want to be number one. But being happy and healthy is the most important thing.” ~ (Venus Williams).
42. “The principle of the design – the harmony, rhythm and balance are all the same with interior and fashion design.” ~ (Venus Williams).
43. “I always like to win. But I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” ~ (Venus Williams).
Short Venus Williams Quotes
44. “Unfortunately the world is what it is now. People don’t get along for whatever reason. As professional athletes, in a way we’re almost ambassadors for peace, because sports brings everyone together.” ~ (Venus Williams).
45. “I tend to be slim and you know, I actually can lose weight quicker than I can gain it.” ~ (Venus Williams).
46. “When you get into that habit of winning, it gets – I don’t know if you call it contagious – but it gets to be a habit. She’s developed an unbelievable habit.” ~ (Venus Williams).
47. “As far as everyone else’s opinion, I mean, if I would have thought that everyone was right, I probably wouldn’t have left Compton, so I don’t get too caught up on what the next person thinks.” ~ (Venus Williams).
48. “Sometimes, when there’s a video montage. I’m thinking, ‘That’s my life. Oh, my God, I did that.’ Yeah, it’s amazing.” ~ (Venus Williams).
49. “We’re all conditioned that we shouldn’t like our brothers and sisters, that we should be angry and fight. But that’s abnormal. A lot of people think that the way Serena and I are with one another is weird. It’s not.” ~ (Venus Williams).
50. “I remember watching the Olympics at home as a kid. It was one of my Dad’s dreams to win an Olympic medal.” ~ (Venus Williams).
51. “Interior design is a business of trust.” ~ (Venus Williams).
52. “So what if you fail? At least you’ll know what not to do when you try again.” ~ (Venus Williams).
53. “My motto has always been that you can’t say, ‘Oh, it won’t happen to me.’ You have to say, ‘That can happen to me.’ So always be aware that things can happen.” ~ (Venus Williams).
54. “It wasn’t like I was self-motivated. My dad started me. It was his dream before it was mine.” ~ (Venus Williams).
55. “It’s thrilling and it’s an honor to be part of something bigger than your own self.” ~ (Venus Williams).
So these were the 55 quotes by Venus Williams.
If you like these quotes and sayings, then you can also read my other popular blog posts on the topics of Steffi Graf quotes and Maria Sharapova quotes.