Eartha Kitt was an American singer and dancer known for her sultry vocal style and slinky beauty.
Greatest Eartha Kitt Quotes (Author of I’m Still Here)
1. “Greed is so destructive. It destroys everything.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
2. “The price we pay for being ourselves is worth it.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
3. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
4. “I love men and I like to get their attention.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
5. “I fall in love with myself, and I want someone to share it with me. And I want someone to share me, with me.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
6. “I have used all the manure that has been thrown on me as fertilizer to make me stronger.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
7. “I’m a dirt person. I trust the dirt. I don’t trust diamonds and gold.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
8. “When we want to have our own style of living, it is nobody’s business but ours. What we do in private is our private business.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
9. “I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
10. “I’ve never felt that fear is my enemy. Fear is my friend. It offers me a chance to stay alert, keep growing, continue creating something new. If you don’t take that sort of risk, you learn nothing.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Best Eartha Kitt Quotes
11. “Sometimes it’s good to fall down to see who will pick you up.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
12. “I punish myself more than anybody else does if I am stupid about my actions, and I suffer, really suffer.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
13. “I love to tease men with my legs.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
14. “Truth is a theory that is constantly being disproved. Only lies, it seems, go on forever.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
15. “I have to keep testing myself.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
16. “If you’re looking for immediate rewards, you’re only looking for the money.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
17. “I stayed on my own path and did not follow the herd. I made a way for myself.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
18. “A man has always wanted to lay me down but he never wanted to pick me up.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
19. “People these days are thinking less and drinking more.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
20. “My recipe for life is not being afraid of myself, afraid of what I think or of my opinions.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
21. “This is where you see the truth of entertainment because it is not edited. You see it on stage as it is happening. Even if we fall down or forget our words, it’s a part of live entertainment.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
22. “You don’t move just because you want to go from this point to that point – the body has to be using the words as well as you vocally use the words.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
23. “The river is constantly turning and bending and you never know where it’s going to go and where you’ll wind up. Following the bend in the river and staying on your own path means that you are on the right track. Don’t let anyone deter you from that.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
24. “I am the last of the Mohicans, the creme de la creme of cabaret.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Top Eartha Kitt Quotes
25. “Greed can be very dangerous because you sacrifice your soul for the sake of something material, and then you start sacrificing people in order to keep that which is material.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
26. “Don’t depend on other people to be responsible for you. Don’t make yourself stressed out over nonsensical things like material things.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
27. “Thank God I got the rejects. These animals are very, very affectionate.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
28. “People in general are used to seeing me as the naughty girl because that’s what they’ve always cast me as.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
29. “I’m still with that feeling that I am afraid of doing the wrong thing, because somebody is going to punish me.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
30. “The stage floor was a stage of thin ice for me to tread. To hold my own or to sink through and die, never to be remembered.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
31. “Young ghetto boys thought that in this society, the good guys lost and the bad guys won.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
32. “Everything should be done with moderation and using common sense.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
33. “I said to the president’s wife, Vietnam is the main reason we are having trouble with the youth of America. It is a war without explanation or reason.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
34. “I love being in America. I used to love traveling and I am glad that I was able to go around the world. I still love to go to Europe, but I always want to come home.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
35. “I’ve always said to my men friends, If you really care for me, darling, you will give me territory. Give me land, give me land.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
36. “Aging has a wonderful beauty and we should have respect for that.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
37. “I am the original Material Girl.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
38. “I sent my daughter 40 roses last November because I thought she was 40. And she laughed her head off. She is not going to be 40 until this year!” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
39. “I was given away. If your mother gives you away, you think everybody who comes into your life is going to give you away.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Famous Eartha Kitt Quotes
40. “Thank God you’ve got a sense of humor, or you’d be in trouble.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
41. “The boys that were running away from America because they didn’t want to get involved with the Vietnam War had come to me. They would tell me how they felt.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
42. “I fight for other people better than I fight for myself.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
43. “It’s best if you can do things with a sense of humor and finesse.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
44. “Innocence is one of the most exciting things in the world.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
45. “Orson Welles was one of these people who was defying everything the doctors told him he wasn’t supposed to be doing. He was really enjoying himself when he was eating what he wanted to eat.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
46. “In essence, I’m a sophisticated cotton picker.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
47. “I never take anything for granted. I may slip any minute.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
48. “When the Batman TV series was taken to the silver screen, one of America’s favorite sweethearts would don the mask and claws of Catwoman.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
49. “I am still confused because I still don’t know who my father is. And so who is my mother? The feeling is still there.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Inspiring Eartha Kitt Quotes
50. “I was trying to find out who my father was. They say that at that time, that if you are illegitimate, the father doesn’t have to put his name down on the certificate.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
51. “You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
52. “Just because you are different does not mean that you have to be rejected.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
53. “I used to love it when I walked down the street and construction workers would whistle.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
54. “Dr. Einstein was not successful in school, but he found something in the air from his own imagination and his own brainpower, and look what he did.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
55. “Having my animals or my children with me exorcises that feeling of not being wanted.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Short Eartha Kitt Quotes
56. “The biggest family in the world is my fans.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
57. “I am a mother and I know the feeling of having a baby come out of my gut.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
58. “I still can’t go over a subway grating without looking down to see if there is some money there.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
59. “My house was bugged. They couldn’t find any information on me being a subversive because I happen to love America; I just don’t like some of the things the government is doing.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
60. “Dallas is where Kennedy was shot, and that’s where I was put in jail.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
61. “Live theater to me is much more free than the movies or television.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
62. “I don’t believe in bringing children into the world out of wedlock.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
63. “The thing that hurts, that became anger, was when I realized that if you tell the truth, in a country that says you’re entitled to tell the truth, you get your face slapped and you get put out of work.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
64. “A cat is a cat. She has no race creed or collar.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
Eartha Kitt Quotes for Motivation
65. “I was invited to a luncheon with 49 other women to give my opinions about the problematic situation among young people. They wanted me to talk about why is there so much juvenile delinquency in the streets of America.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
66. “We’re not thought of in terms of color because we are entertainers. We are there to entertain you not because we are black, white, pink, or green or gay or straight or because we are Catholic or Protestant.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
67. “When the people who are responsible for our country ask you a direct question, I expect them to accept a direct answer, not to be blackballed because you are telling the truth.”~ (Eartha Kitt).
68. “I don’t wear my political feelings on my sleeve. However, if I’m asked, I will answer honestly.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
69. “The public has become my fairy godmother.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
70. “I am always trying to eat the right kind of foods that are going to keep me healthy.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
71. “When I played Lady Day, I took Aba onstage with me as a joke. He started singing-in tune!-and the audience loved it.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
72. “Generally the whole entertainment business now is bland.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
73. “I always believe in living in the country, because that’s where what I eat is what I can put back in the dirt.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
74. “I have been nominated three times. I have the little pieces of paper to prove it.” ~ (Eartha Kitt).
75. “When my baby was born I had to know how to save her in case she fell in the pool or something like that. I went to one of these nursing places to learn how to take care of the child. ~ (Eartha Kitt).