Rosa Parks was an African-American civil rights activist.
Best Rosa Parks Quotes on Civil Rights and Racism
1. “One person can change the world.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
2. “I believe there is only one race – the human race.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
3. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
4. “Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today’s mighty oak is yesterday’s nut that held its ground.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
5. “There is no future without education.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
6. “To bring about change, you must not be afraid to take the first step. We will fail when we fail to try.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
7. “Without a vision the people perish, but without courage dreams die.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
8. “The only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
9. “I believe we are here on the planet Earth to live, grow up and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
10. “I’m tired of being treated like a second-class citizen.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
11. “I had no idea that history was being made. I was just tired of giving up.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
12. “I will no longer act on the outside in a way that contradicts the truth that I hold deeply inside. I will no longer act as if I were less than the whole person I know myself inwardly to be.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
13. “Racism is still with us. But it is up to us to prepare our children for what they have to meet, and, hopefully, we shall overcome.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
14. “I thought of Emmett Till, and when the bus driver ordered me to move to the back, I just couldn’t move.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
Top Rosa Parks Quotes
15. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
16. “I would like to be known as a person who is concerned about freedom and equality and justice and prosperity for all people.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
17. “It takes more than one person to bring about peace – it takes all of us.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
18. “It is better to protest than to accept injustice.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
19. “I see the energy of young people as a real force for positive change.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
20. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
21. “Nothing in the Golden Rule says that others will treat us as we have treated them. It only says that we must treat others in a way that we would want to be treated.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
22. “I want to be treated like a human being.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
23. “If you want to be respected for your actions, then your behavior must be above reproach. If our lives demonstrate that we are peaceful, humble, and trusted, this is recognized by others.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
24. “Victory or defeat? It is the slogan of all-powerful militarism in every belligerent nation. And yet, what can victory bring to the proletariat?” ~ (Rosa Parks).
25. “People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
26. “Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
27. “I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
Famous Rosa Parks Quotes
28. “I thought about Emmett Till, and I could not go back. My legs and feet were not hurting, that is a stereotype. I paid the same fare as others, and I felt violated. I was not going back.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
29. “If I can sit down for freedom, you can stand up for children.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
30. “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
31. “Arrest me for sitting on a bus? You may do that.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
32. “All I was trying to do was get home from work.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
33. “Racial pride and self-dignity were emphasized in my family and community.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
34. “We didn’t have any civil rights. It was just a matter of survival, of existing from one day to the next. I remember going to sleep as a girl hearing the Klan ride at night and hearing a lynching and being afraid the house would burn down.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
35. “What really matters is not whether we have problems, but how we go through them. We must keep going on to make it through whatever we are facing.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
36. “People need to free their minds of racial prejudice and believe in equality for all and freedom regardless of race. It would be a good thing if all people were treated equally and justly and not be discriminated against because of race or religion or anything that makes them different from others.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
37. “When that white driver stepped back toward us, when he waved his hand and ordered us up and out of our seats, I felt a determination cover my body like a quilt on a winter night.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
38. “Since I have always been a strong believer in God, I knew that He was with me, and only He could get me through that next step.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
39. “I do the very best I can to look upon life with optimism and hope and looking forward to a better day.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
40. “I had given up my seat before, but this day, I was especially tired. Tired from my work as a seamstress, and tired from the ache in my heart.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
Short Rosa Parks Quotes
41. “Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
42. “Our mistreatment was just not right, and I was tired of it.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
43. “I did not get on the bus to get arrested I got on the bus to go home.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
44. “At the time I was arrested I had no idea it would turn into this. It was just a day like any other day. The only thing that made it significant was that the masses of the people joined in.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
45. “As long as there is unemployment, war, crime and all things that go to the infliction of man’s inhumanity to man, regardless – there is much to be done, and people need to work together.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
46. “Whatever my individual desires were to be free, I was not alone. There were many others who felt the same way.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
47. “I had been pushed as far as I could stand to be pushed. I had decided that I would have to know once and for all what rights I had as a human being and a citizen.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
48. “I was determined to achieve the total freedom that our history lessons…” ~ (Rosa Parks).
49. “As long as people use tactics to oppress or restrict other people from being free, there is work to be done.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
Inspiring Rosa Parks Quotes
51. “I was ready to die but give my consent never. Never, never.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
52. “If I stayed angry at other people, I would miss finding friends among those I was angry with.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
53. “I will always work for human rights for all people.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
54. “I had been pushed as far as I could stand.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
55. “I had felt for a long time, that if I was ever told to get up so a white person could sit, that I would refuse to do so.” ~ (Rosa Parks).
56. Without vision, people perish, and without courage and inspiration dreams die. ~ Rosa Parks.
57. The bus was among the first ways I realized there was a black world and a white world. ~ Rosa Parks.
58. There was an opportunity for me to take a stand. ~ Rosa Parks.
59. To this day I believe we are here on planet earth to live, grow, and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom. ~ Rosa Parks.
60. You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right. ~ Rosa Parks.
61. I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free… so other people would be also free. ~ Rosa Parks.
Know more about Rosa Parks by watching the below video.
So these were the 55 quotes about Rosa Parks.
If you like these quotes and sayings, then you can also read my other popular blog posts on the topics of Claudette Colvin quotes and Vernon Jordan quotes.