Leo Buscaglia, better known as “Dr. Love,” was an author and motivational speaker.
Inspiring Leo Buscaglia Quotes
1. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
2. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
3. “To love others you must first love yourself.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
4. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” ~ Leo Buscaglia.
5. “My rule is always, People first and things second.” ~ Leo Buscaglia.
6. “Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.” ~ Leo Buscaglia.
7. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
8. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
9. “Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
10. “A life without love, no matter how many other things we have, is an empty, meaningless one.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
11. “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time. It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
12. “A life without passion is not living, it’s merely existing.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
13. “The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
Popular Leo Buscaglia Quotes
14. “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
15. “Value yourself. The only people who appreciate a doormat are people with dirty shoes.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
16. “Compassion is an act of tolerance where kindness and forgiveness reign. When we make the compassionate choice, we enhance the dignity of each individual, which is the very essence of loving them.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
17. “Life is a paradise for those who love many things with a passion.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
18. “Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
19. “The most painful thing to experience is not defeat but regret.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
20. “In a crazy world, it’s only your insanity that will keep you sane.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
21. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
Top Leo Buscaglia Quotes
22. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
23. “Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
24. “Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
25. “Listening is love in action.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
26. “Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don’t…” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
27. “We all fear what we don’t know – it’s natural.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
28. “You have the choice. You can choose joy over despair, happiness over tears, action over apathy, growth over stagnation.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
Famous Leo Buscaglia Quotes
29. “Say “yes” to life! “Yes” to wonder, to joy, to despair. “Yes” to pain, “yes” to what you don’t understand. Try “yes.” Try “always.” Try “possible.” Try “hopeful.” Try “I will.” And try “I can.”” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
30. “Choose the way of life. Choose the way of love. Choose the way of caring. Choose the way of goodness. It’s up to you. It’s your choice.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
31. “Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don’t miss it.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
32. “It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of person kind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
Inspirational Leo Buscaglia Quotes
33. “To love is to risk not being loved in return.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
34. “The life and love we create is the life and love we live.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
35. “In order to learn, you have to be free. You have to be free to experiment, free to try, free to make mistakes…” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
36. “The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
37. “Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
38. “We all need each other.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
39. “Don’t spend your precious time asking “Why isn’t the world a better place?” It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is “How can I make it better?” To that there is an answer.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
40. “No one gets out of this world alive, so the time to live, learn, care, share, celebrate, and love is now.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
41. “Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
42. “We don’t love to be loved in return; we love to love.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
43. “In the end you have only you.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
Best Leo Buscaglia Quotes
44. “Forgive others, forgive yourself, forgive yourself for not being perfect, and accept responsibility for your own life.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
45. “One does not fall “in” or “out” of love. One grows in love.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
46. “The only thing of value we can give kids is what we are, not what we have.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
47. “Catch the beauty of the moment!” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
48. “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
49. “People are not here to meet your expectations.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
50. “To live in love is life’s greatest challenge. It requires more subtlety, flexibility, sensitivity, understanding, acceptance, tolerance, knowledge and strength than any other human endeavor.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
51. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
52. “Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself, and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).
53. “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love. Chained by his certitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly free.” ~ (Leo Buscaglia).