David Beckham is a former professional footballer from England who is now the president and co-owner of Inter Miami CF and a co-owner of Salford City.
He played for Manchester United, Preston North End (on loan), Real Madrid, AC Milan (on loan), LA Galaxy, Paris Saint-Germain, and the England national team, where he held the outfield appearance record until 2016.
He is the only English player to win league championships in four different countries: England, Spain, the United States, and France. After a 20-year career in which he won 19 major trophies, he retired in May 2013.
We have curated some of the best quotes from David Beckham for you.
Best David Beckham Quotes
1. “The secret of the team’s success is easy – unity and hard work.” ~ (David Beckham).
2. “You will go through tough times, it’s about getting through them.” ~ (David Beckham).
3. “The secret to my success is practice!” ~ (David Beckham).
4. “Every situation has changed me as a person.” ~ (David Beckham).
5. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. ~ David Beckham.
6. “You can be the one – in – a – million. Don’t be discouraged by the odds to Succeed.” ~ (David Beckham).
7. “I have always believed that if you want to achieve anything special in life you have to work, work, and then work some more.” ~ (David Beckham).
8. “Soccer is a magical game.” ~ (David Beckham).
9. The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them. ~ David Beckham.
10. Family is the most important thing to me. ~ David Beckham.
11. “Like any parent, I just want the best for my kids, whatever they decide to do. They will choose what path they want to follow, and we will always be there to encourage them.” ~ (David Beckham).
12. “People react to criticism in different ways, and my way is definitely to come out fighting.” ~ (David Beckham).
13. “He was a quiet man, Eric Cantona, but he was a man of few words…” ~ (David Beckham).
14. “No one’s ever really given me any style advice. I wear what I want, and it doesn’t matter what other people think.” ~ (David Beckham).
15. “I knew it was my time to retire, when I saw Messi running past me.” ~ (David Beckham).
Popular David Beckham Quotes
David Beckham is a soccer player. He is famous for his skills on the field and for his good looks. Some people think he is a good role model for kids because he works hard and never gives up.
16. “As a footballer you always want to test yourself against the best.” ~ (David Beckham).
17. Being hardworking is the best thing you can show children. ~ David Beckham.
18. I’m a strong person, I’m a strong family man, I’m a strong husband and a strong father. ~ David Beckham.
19. “I have got this obsessive compulsive disorder where I have to have everything in a straight line, or everything has to be in pairs.” ~ (David Beckham).
20. “Two of my boys are Manchester United fans; one is an Arsenal fan. Whenever there is a game I can take the boys to, I love taking them.” ~ (David Beckham).
21. “That was in the past – we’re in the future now.” ~ (David Beckham).
22. “I respect all religions, but I’m not a deeply religious person. But I try and live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn’t brought up in a religious way, but I believe there’s something out there that looks after you.” ~ (David Beckham).
Top David Beckham Quotes
23. “As soon as a free kick is given and it’s anywhere near the box, I get excited. I don’t really concentrate what side the keeper is on, because I always think that if I catch it as well as I can, then I can beat him whichever way he goes.” ~ (David Beckham).
24. “As soon as I hit the ball, I know if it’s in.” ~ (David Beckham).
25. “I don’t think I have reached a plateau. I have just reached the level where I am today. But I need to go above it.” ~ (David Beckham).
26. “At the end of the day, I’m a footballer who has played at some of the biggest football clubs in the world and played with some of the best players in the world.” ~ (David Beckham).
27. “It is so great that fashion is not a question of price, and it can be more accessible to everyone interested in fashion.” ~ (David Beckham).
28. “Football’s the biggest game in the world. America’s the greatest sporting nation there is. To play some part in putting those two things together: why wouldn’t I be excited about that?” ~ (David Beckham).
Famous David Beckham Quotes
29. “I haven’t retired from international football – I still believe I have a part to play in the future of England.” ~ (David Beckham).
30. “I always wanted kids I could take to work, and for them to experience the things I experience. So, having three boys as a footballer was a dream.” ~ (David Beckham).
31. “Wayne’s like my son, Brooklyn, who goes out in the garden to play and have fun.” ~ (David Beckham).
32. “I am happier now than I have ever been.” ~ (David Beckham).
33. “Joining Real Madrid is a dream come true.” ~ (David Beckham).
34. “My life here is perfect and I’m happy at Real Madrid so of course I want to stay as long as I can.” ~ (David Beckham).
35. “I always used to go for blondes and quiet girls, but Victoria is the total opposite – dark and loud.” ~ (David Beckham).
36. “I’m happy in Madrid, my kids are happy and my wife is happy, so everything’s good. If anyone knows about contracts they take a while to sort out.” ~ (David Beckham).
37. “I’ve always been proud to represent my country, whether it be World Cups, European Championships or just friendly games, I’ve always been a proud person, I’m very patriotic.” ~ (David Beckham).
Short David Beckham Quotes
38. “Being a dad is more important than football.” ~ (David Beckham).
39. “I don’t regret the decision to retire. My body was losing its edge. I was taking longer to recover from injuries. You have to get out at some point.” ~ (David Beckham).
40. You can be the one in a million. Don’t be discouraged by the odds to succeed. ~ David Beckham.
41. I still look at myself and want to improve. ~ David Beckham.
42. Always have something to look forward to. ~ David Beckham.
43. I always say that practice gets you to the top most of the time. ~ David Beckham.
44. “When I was a kid, I thought my dad was a little bit harsh with me at times. Sometimes I needed an arm around me instead of my dad telling me what I did wrong, but it obviously worked.” ~ (David Beckham).
45. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ (David Beckham).
46. “I’m surprised I still have so much hair after all the things I’ve done with it.” ~ (David Beckham).
47. “I feel I can still do the same job as I did 10 years ago – I’ve just got a few more wrinkles!” ~ (David Beckham).
48. “To play with Zinedine Zidane was the biggest honour I have had in my career.” ~ (David Beckham).
49. “I didn’t expect it to come so quickly. It’s been hard to keep up with. There’s been articles in the papers that say I’ve got too big for my boots but people who know me say I’m just the same. Things have changed in my life but I haven’t, too many people would knock me down if I did.” ~ (David Beckham).
50. “Is the Pope Catholic. No I’m serious. I really need to know.” ~ (David Beckham).
51. “I work out with my trainer or do an hour of pilates at 6 or 7AM. I’m done by the time my household is awake.” ~ (David Beckham).
52. “I am always going to have problems with the paparazzi. I have had two men outside my house for the last two years, which is frightening at times, but that is my life unfortunately.” ~ (David Beckham).
53. “My new tattoo is Jesus being carried by three cherubs. Obviously the cherubs are my boys. At some point they are going to need to look after me. That’s what they’re doing in the picture. It means a lot.” ~ (David Beckham).
54. “The criticism hurts sometimes and I worry about the effect on my family.” ~ (David Beckham).
55. “I don’t have time for hobbies. At the end of the day, I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing.” ~ (David Beckham).
56. “I’ll never forget where I’m from, never forget my roots. It doesn’t matter where I live. I’m English, simple as that.” ~ (David Beckham).
57. “I’m a very stubborn person. I think it has helped me over my career. I’m sure it has hindered me at times as well, but not too many times. I know that if I set my mind to do something, even if people are saying I can’t do it, I will achieve it.” ~ (David Beckham).
58. “We’re definitely going to get Brooklyn christened, but we don’t know into which religion.” ~ (David Beckham).
59. Whatever I do, I want to be the best. ~ David Beckham.
60. I’d rather have three really good friends than twenty good friends. ~ David Beckham.
61. “I’ve felt a little tired, but I’m only 24. I love playing football. That’s my job and that’s what I love doing.” ~ (David Beckham).
So these were the 61 quotes by David Beckham.
You are welcome to share these best quotes, sayings, phrases and captions with your friends and family on social media channels such as (Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Pinterest).