Wayne Rooney is a former player and manager in the English professional football league.
Best Wayne Rooney Quotes
1. “I love football, football is my life.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
2. “I am mentally strong.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
3. “I’m only a human being.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
4. “The important thing is to be there, score when needed. It’s better if the goals are beautiful, better still if they are important.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
5. “I just hate losing and that gives you an extra determination to work harder.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
6. “Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
7. “I grew up an Everton fan, my whole family are Everton fans and I grew up hating Liverpool. And that hasn’t changed.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
8. “Perfect partners don’t exist. Perfect conditions exist for a limited time in which partnerships express themselves best.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
9. “I train as hard as I can every time I train and I do extra training every day and I’ve done that since I was a young boy.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
10. “I’ve trained all my life. I’ve always been one who enjoys training so it’s not something that I think I can just stop doing. It might not be as regular but I want to keep training.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
11. “I want to score in every game and win things. That’s the most important thing.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
12. “Those who said I’m not an out-and-out goal-scorer are probably right. I always feel I could score more.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
13. “If I’m staying in a hotel or I’m sleeping on my own I have the hairdryer on.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
14. “I listen to 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Stereophonics, Arctic Monkeys; also the musical Oliver – I can sing every tune.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
Popular Wayne Rooney Quotes
15. “Don’t call me a Postmodern!” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
16. “Nice to see your own fans booing you.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
17. “Part of my preparation is I go and ask the kit man what colour we’re wearing – if it’s red top, white shorts, white socks or black socks. Then I lie in bed the night before the game and visualise myself scoring goals or doing well.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
18. “I love playing football but I am like everyone else, I hate losing and love winning.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
19. “Everyone who watches me play knows I am an honest player. play the game as honestly as I can. If the referee gives a penalty there is nothing you can do.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
20. “I’m proud I’m English and I’m passionate about my country.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
21. “I’d have to say Thierry Henry. From the ages of ten to 16, watching him in the Premier League was amazing and he scored all different types of goals – free-kicks, volleys, left foot, right foot. He was entertaining. He’s probably the best centre-forward, I think, to play in the Premier League.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
22. “Becoming a dad was the proudest moment of my life. Playing football does not even compare.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
23. “There are many ways to grow football-wise. You go slow or are pushed to go faster, otherwise you get left behind. For me, there would be trouble in stopping learning.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
24. “Growing up, watching the Premier League as far back as I can remember, feeling the trophy and having the medal around my neck was an unbelievable feeling.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
Top Wayne Rooney Quotes
25. “Some players don’t like training and I’ve seen some players who aren’t bothered if they play or not. But I want to play every game. Sometimes you have to rest in certain games, but I want to play in every game.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
26. “When you are 16 there is no fear whatsoever. As you get older you play in more important games and that is when you start thinking about what will happen if you win or lose.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
27. “You’re trying to put yourself in that moment and trying to prepare yourself, to have a ’memory before the game. I don’t know if you’d call it visualising or dreaming, but I’ve always done it, my whole life.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
28. “If you’re not scoring the frustrations build up.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
29. “The lifestyle I lead as a footballer means I am always in the spotlight.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
30. “You can learn more from the lows than the highs. The highs are great but the lows make you really look at things in a different way and want to improve. Every player will have both in their careers and I have, but what you get is that experience which is so important to perform at your best.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
31. “I love football so when I finish playing I would like to still be involved in it somehow and a manager would be my first choice.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
32. “Football is made up of all kinds of conflict. In a dressing room, between players, between us and the manager, between us and loads of people who don’t seem to matter. It’s constant and harsh sometimes.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
33. “Football’s about the young players, bringing youth team players through to the first team and hopefully getting the best out of them so they can go on to play for their country.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
34. “If we’re on long-haul flights I’ve been known to sleep on the floor so I hear the engine.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
35. “I love football, I’ve never really taken an interest in anything else.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
36. “I like musicals and I love music.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
37. “Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
Famous Wayne Rooney Quotes
38. “I’ll keep doing my training and I’m sure the goals will come.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
39. “I’ve learnt that it is important not to go over the top with aggression, because then either you are going to miss a lot of games, or you are not going to be concentrating on the game you are playing.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
40. “I don’t normally cook, but if I did it probably would be beans, sausage, bacon and eggs. I never really get to eat that to be honest.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
41. “When I was younger, I used to visualise myself scoring wonder goals, stuff like that.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
42. “When famous people come up to you it’s a bit weird, but it’s an honour, really, when they recognise you and want to chat to you for a bit.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
Short Wayne Rooney Quotes
43. “Unlike others who have been caught swearing on camera, I apologised immediately. And yet I am the only person banned for swearing. That doesn’t seem right.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
44. “I’m not really that bothered by appearance. I know a few players who go off doing stuff in the mirror ages before they go out to play a game, but I’m not really interested in that.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
45. “I am as passionate about the England team as anyone.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
46. “To me, Paul Scholes was in a class of his own.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
47. “I love Barbados, it’s really relaxing.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
48. “I might have faults but I’m not a big head.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
49. “If you look at my bookings, they’ve gone down each season. That’s something I’m trying to keep improving. On the pitch you don’t want any silly bookings.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
50. “For me, Scholesy’s the best footballer England has produced in my time. The way he controlled games, passed the ball, saw things that other players didn’t see; it was a pleasure to play with him and United were lucky to have him for so long.” ~ (Wayne Rooney).
Quotes about Wayne Rooney
I can tell you that he had to be dragged away from training because he loved to play and practise so much. ~ Sven-Goran Eriksson.
Every time we played against United I had to make sure I was aware every time he had the ball, because he was very unpredictable and very clever. He is a guy who can chase, who can fight, who can run, who is clever with his shot. ~ Petr Cech.
His aggression is one of his big strengths. He has no fear at all. Wayne knows he has the ability, but he has this knack of being able to go out there and not be scared of anyone no matter who he is up against. ~ Frank Lampard.
I have never seen a player as powerful as Rooney – the way he goes past people, the intensity of his play, the runs he makes from the first minute to the last and the shot that he has. World class. ~ Gerard Pique.
He was an animal. Strong, quick and aggressive. He had an amazing football brain too. ~ Jack Wilshere.
He’s probably the most technically gifted English player I’ve seen. The ‘silent assassin.’ He was just the main man, a star. ~ Joe Cole.
He was the kid of England, everyone loved him. He was so powerful I was calling him ‘Pitbull.’ The power of Wayne Rooney is his mentality and strength and he never stops. He’s a fantastic team player and he scores. He’s a fantastic boy and he helped me a lot when he came to join us in Manchester. ~ Cristiano Ronaldo.
What I would say about Wayne is he’s football mad. He’s authentic. He was a great leader in the locker room and from my dealings with him, he loves the chess aspect of the game. ~ Ben Olsen.
There has always been a great deal of respect between myself and Wayne Rooney. For me he is the great English player of the generation. What he is capable of doing on the field is very special, and he is one of the few players that would improve any squad in Europe. ~ Lionel Messi.
Rooney is the biggest English talent I’ve seen since I arrived in England. ~ Arsene Wenger.
To play well for six months or a season in football is nothing. To do so for over a decade like Rooney is extraordinary. I know what it takes, and it isn’t easy. Trust me, people talk about him outside of this country. In Spain and France, he is appreciated as a top, top player. ~ Thierry Henry.
I laid eyes on him when he was 16 or 17 years old, and I remember after an England game as well, I said to his mum and dad in the players’ lounge ‘make sure he signs for Manchester United. ~ Rio Ferdinand.
For me he was the best centre-forward I ever saw at Manchester United and ever played with. ~ Gary Neville.
When he came on to the scene, I think I was in the 21s and he trained with us one day, I looked at him and I was like, ‘there’s no way this boy is only 16. ~ Jermain Defoe.
There was a day when we had him in training. He was only a young boy and we had to set up a small-sided game and Wayne chipped a goalkeeper from near the byeline. ~ David Moyes.
So these were the 65 quotes by Wayne Rooney and about him.