Maria Sharapova is a former world No. 1 tennis player from Russia.
Best Maria Sharapova Quotes
1. “When you start from nothing, when you come from nothing, it makes you hungry. I am proud of where I came from and I know what I want. I want to win.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
2. “When I make a commitment I stick to it.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
3. “When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you’re wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
4. “I have a Russian heart.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
5. You have your bad moments in your career and your good moments. And it’s been a good ride so far, but it’s not over yet. ~ Maria Sharapova.
6. I’m just a very tough person when I go on the court, and I really don’t want to lose. ~ Maria Sharapova.
7. “If everything was going smoothly you would never build character.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
8. “Without my dad, I wouldn’t be here.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
9. “I’m not a huge gym person, so I try to stay away from the gym. But I love to run on the beach or go for a walk. It’s better than riding a stationary bike.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
10. “I’m an athlete. I go out there and fight my heart out.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
Popular Maria Sharapova Quotes
11. “I still love things that you don’t even need to pay for. Going to the beach and being around five of your friends and having a good time means so much more than going out and spending hundreds of dollars.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
12. “I’ve been very competitive by nature from a young age, whether it was eating a bowl of pasta faster than somebody else, or always wanting to be the first one in line.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
13. My family and I built my whole career from scratch. ~ Maria Sharapova.
14. “It’s easy to impress me. I don’t need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I’m happy. I’m satisfied. I’m content.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
15. My parents had a normal life in Russia and they could have easily kept living a normal life, working and raising a child in Russia. ~ Maria Sharapova.
16. “When I come into a tournament, I’m expecting to win. That’s my philosophy. I can’t go to a tournament thinking, ‘I’m going to get my ass kicked today, so I might as well leave.’” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
17. “We all started under the sun and finished under the lights.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
18. “I owe a lot to my parents.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
19. “I don’t do heavy weights at all.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
20. “In the last year I have gained a lot of experience because I have been playing against top players and realized what things to work on to get better. Top players basically tell you what your weaknesses are on the court.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
Top Maria Sharapova Quotes
21. “Sometimes when you’re putting the work in it just seems so, so hard, and you never know when that work’s going to pay off.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
22. “I look forward to the challenges.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
23. I learned there’s a big difference between juniors and the pros. ~ Maria Sharapova.
24. When I walk through that gate to the court, that’s my escape. I block out everything, good and bad. ~ Maria Sharapova.
25. I don’t worry about what my opponent is doing. ~ Maria Sharapova.
26. “I’m just like every other girl who likes to shop, likes to look good, likes to spend time with friends.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
27. “I want to be different. If everyone is wearing black, I want to be wearing red.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
28. “Within a few years the name ‘Maria Sharapova’ will be a brand as universally recognized as Calvin Klein, BMW and Rolex.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
29. “I’m an afternoon tea type of girl. I come from a Russian background where we love our teas. So between lunch and dinner after training I come home and I love a nice cup of tea with jam in it, as we drink it there. Black English Breakfast with raspberry jam is my favorite.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
30. “No matter what you study, the thing that you know best is what you grew up with.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
31. “I have had lots of luck in my career but there has also been a lot of hard work.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
32. “I know many of you thought that I would be retiring today, but if I was ever going to announce my retirement it would not be in a downtown Los Angeles hotel with this fairly ugly carpet.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
33. “I’m not the next anyone, I’m the first Maria Sharapova.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
34. “Whenever I have friends over, we end up eating and talking and losing track of time, and, once in a while, singing karaoke. It reminds me of the family meals we had in Russia, which always lasted a very long time. That’s a tradition I miss.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
Famous Maria Sharapova Quotes
35. “A great tennis career is something that a 15-year-old normally doesn’t have. I hope my example helps other teens believe they can accomplish things they never thought possible.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
36. “Sugar free? With the name Sugarpova I don’t think I will be doing anything sugar free very soon.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
37. “I’m done growing. I only grow when I put my high heels on now.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
38. “When I need to push myself, I think of all those nicely polished trophies waiting to be lifted up by the winner – and how that winner might be me.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
39. “I love jotting down ideas for my blog, so I doodle or take notes on all kinds of stuff that inspires me: the people I meet, boutiques I visit, a florist that just gave me a great idea for an interior-design project, things like that.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
40. “I go to yoga classes and work on my core.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
41. “Well, fans always root for the underdog.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
42. “I love playing for my country, getting the support. Especially for the kids and everybody, showing my example of what I can achieve so early. And maybe they can achieve it, too, just to get that in their minds.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
Short Maria Sharapova Quotes
43. “Since I was young, the artistic expression that fashion embodies has inspired me. It’s a way to communicate oneself.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
44. “I’m never standing still and that makes my life pretty exciting.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
45. “I love what I do and I love being an athlete, but I also love all the things that have come with it.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
46. “It’s pretty hard being a tennis player and Mother Theresa at the same time and that’s just the way it is.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
47. “I heard endless conversations between my parents when I was going to sleep about how we would survive, how we would continue. All of them were about trying to make me better.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
48. “If I loved a guy as much as I love my dog, the guy would be in serious trouble because I’m all over that dog, all of the time.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
49. “I love yoga. I do yoga when I have time, which is not very often.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
50. “There are so many roads you can take that will lead you the wrong way, that nobody will hear your name.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
51. “It’s always tough when you lose – you’ve worked so hard for that moment and it hasn’t gone the way you wanted. But you have to realise there’s always a bright side, you have to pick yourself up and get ready for the next game.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
52. “When you are young, you are a little naïve.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
53. “My main goal is to stay healthy because when you’re injured you realise how lucky you are to have your health.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
54. “When you come off the court and you feel like you were losing the whole match, and all of a sudden you pulled it out, you know, it’s those moments that you feel you’ve trained for and you work hard for. Just lucky to get through.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
55. “You control your own wins and losses.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
56. “I spent a whole year when I was injured just trying to get my arm back to the point where I could hit a tennis ball for more than 30 minutes a day. I’d hit for 15 minutes and it would feel as if my arm was going to fall off.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
57. “I’m always on the go. I love doing things until I hit rock bottom. Then I need my 12 hours of sleep, and I’m on the go again.” ~ (Maria Sharapova).
So these were the 57 quotes by Maria Sharapova.