Gordon Ramsay is a famous chef, restaurateur, television personality, and author from the United Kingdom.
Best Gordon Ramsay Quotes
1. “Push your limit to the absolute extreme.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
2. “I am what I am. A fighter.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
3. “Put your head down and work hard. Never wait for things to happen, make them happen for yourself through hard graft and not giving up.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
4. “I hid myself in food.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
5. “There’s no bigger pain anywhere in the world than a vegetarian.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
6. “Chefs are nutters. They’re all self-obsessed, delicate, dainty, insecure little souls and absolute psychopaths. Every last one of them.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
7. “You don’t come into cooking to get rich.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
8. “Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
9. “Kitchens are hard environments and they form incredibly strong characters.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
10. “The pressure on young chefs today is far greater than ever before in terms of social skills, marketing skills, cooking skills, personality and, more importantly, delivering on the plate. So you need to be strong. Physically fit. So my chefs get weighed every time they come into the kitchen.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
Popular Gordon Ramsay Quotes
11. “I still love football, though, and I think cooking is like football. It’s not a job, it’s a passion. When you become good at it, it’s a dream job and financially you need never to worry. Ever.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
12. “If you want to become a great chef, you have to work with great chefs. And that’s exactly what I did.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
13. “I don’t like looking back. I’m always constantly looking forward. I’m not the one to sort of sit and cry over spilt milk. I’m too busy looking for the next cow.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
14. “Swearing is industry language. For as long as we’re alive it’s not going to change. You’ve got to be boisterous to get results.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
15. “I shoot from the hip.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
16. “The minute you start compromising for the sake of massaging somebody’s ego, that’s it, game over.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
17. “The secret is to make sure the business is running to perfection, with or without me.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
18. “I didn’t get depressed, I don’t get depressed.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
19. “I’m quite a chauvinistic person.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
20. “I cook, I create, I’m incredibly excited by what I do, I’ve still got a lot to achieve.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
21. “I train my chefs with a blindfold. I’ll get my sous chef and myself to cook a dish. The young chef would have to sit down and eat it with a blindfold. If they can’t identify the flavor, they shouldn’t be cooking the dish.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
22. “They say cats have nine lives. I’ve had 12 already and I don’t know how many more I’ll have.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
Top Gordon Ramsay Quotes
23. “Cooking today is a young man’s game, I don’t give a bollocks what anyone says.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
24. “I’ve had a lot of success; I’ve had failures, so I learn from the failure.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
25. “When you cook under pressure you trade perfection.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
26. “I think every chef, not just in America, but across the world, has a double-edged sword – two jackets, one that’s driven, a self-confessed perfectionist, thoroughbred, hate incompetence and switch off the stove, take off the jacket and become a family man.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
27. “Stopping the junk food and Eating well is partially about cooking well and having the skills to do that.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
28. “MasterChef Junior for me was about working closely with these kids and getting them to reeducate their parents to understand that food is as important educationally as Math and English and it’s important that we don’t take it for granted.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
29. “Eating out doesn’t have to be a formula. Eating out is about having fun. I get really frustrated when it’s badly done.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
30. “Find what’s hot, find what’s just opened and then look for the worst review of the week. There is so much to learn from watching a restaurant getting absolutely panned and having a bad experience. Go and see it for yourself.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
31. “As a soccer player, I wanted an FA Cup winner’s medal. As an actor you want an Oscar. As a chef it’s three-Michelin’s stars, there’s no greater than that. So pushing yourself to the extreme creates a lot of pressure and a lot of excitement, and more importantly, it shows on the plate.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
32. “I came up from a difficult background.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
33. “I am a chef who happens to appear on the telly, that’s it.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
Famous Gordon Ramsay Quotes
34. “I’m not critic-proof, and I still take it personally, but I take it less personally now.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
35. “I don’t run restaurants that are out of control. We are about establishing phenomenal footholdings with talent.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
36. “I love eating out. I don’t deny that. But I don’t want 12 or 15 courses because the chef wants me to taste this or taste that. I just want to be able to decide.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
37. “I am well aware that a chef is only as good as his last meal.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
38. “My childhood favourite is mum’s shepherd’s pie, Yorkshire pudding and roasted potatoes. I remember coming home from school and going to the kitchen to help her. It’s because of her that I discovered my love for cooking.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
39. “I suppose your security is your success and your key to success is your fine palate.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
Short Gordon Ramsay Quotes
40. “If I relaxed, if I took my foot off the gas, I would probably die.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
41. “I grew up in a funny way.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
42. “I don’t think it’s a good advert for any restaurant, a fat chef, and secondly, who wants to eat a dessert when the chef’s a fat pig.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
43. “When you’re a chef, you graze. You never get a chance to sit down and eat. They don’t actually sit down and eat before you cook. So when I finish work, the first thing I’ll do, and especially when I’m in New York, I’ll go for a run. And I’ll run 10 or 15k on my – and I run to gain my appetite.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
44. “I act on impulse and I go with my instincts.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
45. “Being assertive and somewhat really firm has to be backed up with being fair.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
46. “I’m a big lover of fish. Cooking fish is so much more difficult than cooking protein meats, because there are no temperatures in the medium, rare, well done cooking a stunning sea bass or a scallop.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
47. “I swim like a fish and I have an amazing kick.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
48. “My wife, a schoolteacher, very disciplined. If you think I’m tough, trust me, and wait till you see when the children are on the naughty step. It’s hilarious. So we decided that I’m going to work like a donkey and provide amazing support for the family.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
49. “You know how arrogant the French are – extraordinary.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
50. “However amazing a dish looks, it is always the taste that lingers in your memory. Family and friends will appreciate a meal that tastes superb-even if you’ve brought the pan to the table.” ~ (Gordon Ramsay).
51. Initially let your food do the talking. You’ll be surprised how far you go in a short period of time. ~ Gordon Ramsay.
52. Being a chef never seems like a job, it becomes a true passion. ~ Gordon Ramsay.
53. Two key ingredients in any successful chef: a quick learner and someone with a sharp brain. ~ Gordon Ramsay.
So these were the 55 quotes by Gordon Ramsay.