Johnny Depp is an actor, producer, and musician from the United States.
Motivational Johnny Depp Quotes
1. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
2. “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
3. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
4. “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
5. “People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
6. “Now, bring me that horizon.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
7. “Me, I’m dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you have to watch out for.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
8. “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
9. “We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we’re all somewhat screwy. Every single one of us.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
10. “One day, the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
11. “Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
12. “If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
13. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
14. “My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
15. “We don’t always cry because we are weak, sometimes we cry because we have been strong, brave and courageous for way too long…” ~ (Johnny Depp).
16. “I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
17. “You gotta be careful: don’t say a word to nobody about nothing anytime ever.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
18. “I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you’re on it.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
19. “I found the evil in myself a long time ago, and I’ve accepted it. We’re old friends.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
20. “People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
21. “I was definitely never a crowd pleaser.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Popular Johnny Depp Quotes
22. “And it hurts so much to want something you can’t have.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
23. “Love is not blind; it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
24. “I think when you are young, you are hoping that this person will be the right one. The one you are going to be in love with forever, but sometimes you want that so much, you create something that isn’t really there.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
25. “Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
26. “They say the world used to be bigger. The world’s still the same – there’s just less in it.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
27. “Me and music. Music was always my first love. It was my first love for sure. And still is a huge part of my life.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
28. “You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren’t allowed to be normal.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
29. “I don’t pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
30. “I always felt like I was meant to have been born in another era, another time.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
31. “I’m a dumb-ass, and I poisoned myself for years. Now I understand things better.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
32. “Better to not know which moment may be your last. Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
33. “If it’s called a selfie, why are there people in it?” ~ (Johnny Depp).
34. “You grow up a bit damaged or broken then you have some success but you don’t know how to feel good about the work you’re doing or the life you’re leading.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
35. “There’s no truth anymore.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
36. “A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
37. “It’s important to keep challenging myself and try to come up with some new face every now and again.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
38. “I love people. And when you love people that much that you’re disappointed in them every day, that love can turn to hate in a flash of a second.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
39. “I would give everything if I could only keep my family.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Top Johnny Depp Quotes
40. “Am I a romantic? I’ve seen ‘Wuthering Heights’ ten times. I’m a romantic.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
41. “I really approached the film as if it was a white big piece of paper and I was going to draw a picture on it. And whether that picture was good or bad, whatever people thought of it, what they could never take away was that it was my picture.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
42. “My daughter was asked by a little old lady in a London hotel restaurant what her daddy did. She answered, “He’s a pirate” – I was very proud of that answer.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
43. “The funny thing is you oddly don’t really say goodbye to all the characters you’ve played. There’s like a chest of drawers in your head that you can always access. They’re always around. I’m not sure if that’s healthy. But they’re all there.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
44. “I’m not even born yet. I’m still trying. I’m still pushing. I don’t ever want to get to a place where I feel satisfied.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
45. “I love to smoke. I wish I had more than two hands so I can hold more cigars.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
46. “Some filmmakers go into a film and it’s already shot and cut in their head.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
47. “Throughout my lifetime I’ve left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there’s almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
48. “I’ve never been particularly ambitious. I’m driven by the moment.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
49. “Once you get on the ship, everything is fine. Once you get on land, everything is not so fine.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
50. “Sometimes I feel like I’m possessed with a multitude of demons.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
51. “Luckily I am very, very privileged and feel very lucky to be getting work and my kiddies are not feeling the brunt of any kind of horror that’s going on today. So I’m super lucky.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Famous Johnny Depp Quotes
52. “I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn’t really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
53. “If there’s any message, it is ultimately that it’s okay to be different; that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
54. “When kids hit one year old, it’s like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
55. “There is nothing on earth that could ever make me want to relive certain years of my life when I was young.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
56. “I have toyed with the idea of playing it straight. But, like I say, I really believe we are all out of our minds at some level.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
57. “I may have a feather duster down my pants.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
58. “My recipe for success is chance, basically. Just luck. It’s a miracle that people still hire me after some of the stuff I’ve gotten away with. Honestly!” ~ (Johnny Depp).
59. “I don’t like watching myself in the movies because I don’t like being aware of the product. I like the process. I enjoy that.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
60. “It’s impossible to consider myself a producer. I can barely produce an English muffin, in the morning.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
61. “For me, ambition has become a dirty word. I prefer hunger. To be hungry- great. To have hopes, dreams- great.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
62. “Trips to the dentist – I like to postpone that kind of thing.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
63. “There were so many great teachers that had so much to offer. The idea of being rigid, why would you do that? People have their things, but why be rigid with any education when you can take things from here and take things from there?” ~ (Johnny Depp).
64. “You can go out and try to do the best work that you can do within the context of what that is, but it’s really gotta be about the work and what you’re focusing on.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Short Johnny Depp Quotes
65. “Somehow you’ve been voted something for a magazine, and it’s a complete mystery to me. I mean, I wake up and I have to look at that head when I brush my teeth every morning. And it’s weird and it’s unpleasant at times.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
66. “How many chances do you get to make a musical about a serial killer? The minute Tim Burton approached me, I was in.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
67. “What happens to me when I read a script, when something grabs hold of me, I start getting these flashes of people or places or things or images…” ~ (Johnny Depp).
68. “I’ve thought of doing many things in my life, under the influence of life, and I’ve never actually thought of straddling two carriages while they’re moving.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
69. “Every filmmaker’s different, every filmmaker has a different approach.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
70. “The idea of directing a film is a strange one for me. I feel anti-mathematical, in a way, in that sense. I don’t like when things make sense. I prefer if they don’t.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
71. “Ironically, it was only maybe a year prior to Tim calling I had re-read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, and what I took away from it was these very strange, little cryptic nuggets that he’d thrown in there.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
72. “They tell you to be careful because maybe you don’t want to meet your heroes. I’ve met pretty much everyone, and I’ve never been let down.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
73. “Tomorrow it’ll all be over, then I’ll have to go back to selling pens again.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
74. “I think, for me as an actor, if you get to a place where you’re satisfied, you’re happy with it, then you’re dead. It’s over. You’re not hungry anymore. You won’t try things anymore.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
75. “Any man who had to carry a child would cave in around month two.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
76. “The only responsibility I feel is to deliver something that’s new or at least to attempt that. The real responsibility is to entertain and to try and make people laugh.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
77. “I really love the experience of moving things around, in terms of being a director.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
78. “Not being well-versed in that arena myself, it’s a little bit frightening because I’m not very good in those situations with lots of people and lots of famous people and cameras and all of that. It’s not my specialty.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
79. “I’d get very nervous and uncomfortable in social situations and the only way I could feel at all normal was, well, to drink my guts out.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
80. “I guess I’m attracted to these offbeat roles because my life has been a bit abnormal. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
81. “People in life, when they have a tendency to exaggerate or lie or whatever, you always sort of notice that their voice goes up quite high.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Best Johnny Depp Quotes
82. “While they’d be setting up shots, suddenly, there were 17 make-up chicks, just listening to Marlon telling these amazing stories that were probably lies. He was a fascinating individual. I learned a lot from him.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
83. “The weirdest thing in the world is to see some guy who is just super earnest.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
84. “I’d just thank the people out there who have been with my up-and-down, weird-road, strange career and supported me and stuck with me all these years. I mean, they’re my boss. That’s what keeps me working.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
85. “I went through various stages in my childhood, as we all do, various stages of obsessions with people and things. And I did. I wanted to be the first white Harlem Globetrotter.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
86. “I don’t do well with modern films, to be honest. Opening credits, and I’m just gone.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
87. “An actor shouldn’t have to leave the set and go home and write a bunch of stuff for a bunch of other people, the next day. I found it very unpleasant.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
88. “It’s all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It’s like you’ve met your reason to live.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
89. “It’s good to experience Hollywood in short bursts, I guess. Little snippets. I don’t think I can handle being here all the time, it’s pretty nutty.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
90. “I still love the layers of cinema whether it’s 35mm or 16mm or 8mm, super 8 which I love. I love the grain. If I had my druthers I’d film everything in kodachrome.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
91. “I remember in that red leisure suit I sort of felt like a Pizza Hut employee, and the white one was the ultimate, with the white turtleneck collar, that was the ultimate in bad taste.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
Profound Johnny Depp Quotes
92. “An actor needs to be not remotely anywhere close to be in control, and a filmmaker has to be totally in control.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
93. “I always figured that once I wrapped a film, then anything beyond that is none of my business. If I can avoid seeing the final product, then all I have in my head is feeling good about the experience.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
94. “I’m attracted to the extreme light and the extreme dark. I’m interested in the human condition and what makes people tick. I’m interested in the things people try to hide.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
95. “With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it’s just not acting. It’s lying.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
96. “For me, the question was, how can one take a live-action performance and put it in the parameter of one of those cartoons? How much can you get away with?” ~ (Johnny Depp).
97. “Kids accept a lot more, and they buy it, because they’re free.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
98. “I know exactly what I want. Everything. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, happiness. If I could make all that one word, I would – a many-syllabled word.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
99. “Everything here is edible; even I’m edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
100. “I don’t trust anyone who hasn’t been self-destructive in some way, and who hasn’t gone through some sort of bout of self-loathing. You’ve got to bang yourself around a bit to know yourself.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
101. “I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
102. “I just happen to be a sucker for humor. So anywhere I can sneak in something that I find potentially interesting or funny I do it as much as I can get away with.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
103. “Anything I’ve done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
104. “People make great films. I just don’t have the eyes to watch them.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
105. “The ultimate for me would be to do a feature that didn’t require any narrative structure.” ~ (Johnny Depp).
106. “I’m all for whatever it takes to get wherever you need to get with a character, as long as you don’t wipe it on me.” ~ (Johnny Depp).