Sally Ride was a famous astronaut and scientist.
She became the first American woman to go to space in 1983.
I have collected some of the best quotes from ‘Sally Ride’ for you.
Inspiring Sally Ride Quotes
1. “I have been a bit of a risk taker all my life.”~ (Sally Ride).
2. “If I think I’ve accomplished what I set out to accomplish, then that’s achievement.”~ (Sally Ride).
3. “Our future lies with today’s kids and tomorrow’s space exploration.” ~ (Sally Ride).
4. “The stars don’t look bigger, but they do look brighter.” ~ (Sally Ride).
5. “We need to make science cool again.” ~ (Sally Ride).
6. “The best advice I can give anybody is to try to understand who you are and what you want to do, and don’t be afraid to go down that road and do whatever it takes and work as hard as you have to work to achieve that.” ~ (Sally Ride).
7. “When you’re getting ready to launch into space, you’re sitting on a big explosion waiting to happen.” ~ (Sally Ride).
8. “Then during the mission itself, I used the space shuttle’s robot arm to release a satellite into orbit.” ~ (Sally Ride).
9. “My background is in physics, so I was the mission specialist, who is sort of like the flight engineer on an airplane.” ~ (Sally Ride).
10. “The view of earth is absolutely spectacular, and the feeling of looking back and seeing your planet as a planet is just an amazing feeling. It’s a totally different perspective, and it makes you appreciate, actually, how fragile our existence is.” ~ (Sally Ride).
11. “If we want scientists and engineers in the future, we should be cultivating the girls as much as the boys.” ~ (Sally Ride).
12. “I would like to be remembered as someone who was not afraid to do what she wanted to do, and as someone who took risks along the way in order to achieve her goals.” ~ (Sally Ride).
13. “The thing I’ll remember most about the flight is that it was fun. In fact, I’m sure it was the most fun that I’ll ever have in my life.” ~ (Sally Ride).
14. “If they asked me if I wanted to go into space tomorrow, I’d do it in a heartbeat. On the other hand, if they asked me if I wanted to go into training for three years and then go into space again, I’d probably say no.” ~ (Sally Ride).
15. “After the Challenger accident, NASA put in a lot of time to improve the safety of the space shuttle to fix the things that had gone wrong.” ~ (Sally Ride).
16. “We can see cities during the day and at night, and we can watch rivers dump sediment into the ocean, and see hurricanes form.” ~ (Sally Ride).
17. “I did not come to NASA to make history.” ~ (Sally Ride).
18. “I suggest taking the high road and have a little sense of humor and let things roll off your back. I think that’s very important.” ~ (Sally Ride).
Popular Sally Ride Quotes
19. “I was always very interested in science, and I knew that for me, science was a better long-term career than tennis.” ~ (Sally Ride).
20. “For whatever reason, I didn’t succumb to the stereotype that science wasn’t for girls. I got encouragement from my parents. I never ran into a teacher or a counselor who told me that science was for boys. A lot of my friends did.” ~ (Sally Ride).
21. “The view of Earth is spectacular.” ~ (Sally Ride).
22. “I think it’s important for little girls growing up, and young women, to have one in every walk of life. So from that point of view, I’m proud to be a role model!” ~ (Sally Ride).
23. “I’ve spent my whole life not talking to people, and I don’t see why I should start now.” ~ (Sally Ride).
24. “All adventures, especially into new territory, are scary.” ~ (Sally Ride).
25. “For quite some time, women at NASA only had scientific backgrounds.” ~ (Sally Ride).
26. “Weightless is a great equalizer.” ~ (Sally Ride).
Top Sally Ride Quotes
27. “So most astronauts getting ready to lift off are excited and very anxious and worried about that explosion – because if something goes wrong in the first seconds of launch, there’s not very much you can do.” ~ (Sally Ride).
28. “If it wasn’t for the women’s movement, I wouldn’t be where I am today.” ~ (Sally Ride).
29. “Ever been to Disneyland? That was definitely an E ticket!” ~ (Sally Ride).
30. “I don’t have any nicknames.” ~ (Sally Ride).
31. “When you can feel that close to something you’re used to seeing from this great distance, well, it changes a person.” ~ (Sally Ride).
32. “But when I wasn’t working, I was usually at a window looking down at Earth.” ~ (Sally Ride).
33. “The pressure suit helps if something goes wrong during launch or re-entry – astronauts have a way to parachute off the shuttle. The suits protect you from loss of pressure in case of emergency.” ~ (Sally Ride).
34. “Rocket science is tough, and rockets have a way of failing.” ~ (Sally Ride).
35. “The food isn’t too bad. It’s very different from the food that the astronauts ate in the very early days of the space program.” ~ (Sally Ride).
36. “I find myself looking around for other new, interesting opportunities to dive into.” ~ (Sally Ride).
Famous Sally Ride Quotes
37. “The rockets light! The shuttle leaps off the launch pad in a cloud of steam and a trail of fire.” ~ (Sally Ride).
38. “It was a real honor for me to get to be the first woman astronaut. I think it’s really important that young girls that are growing up today can see that women can be astronauts too. There have actually been a lot of women, who are astronauts, that that’s a career that’s open to them.” ~ (Sally Ride).
39. “No, I think most astronauts recognize that the space shuttle program is very high-risk, and are prepared for accidents.” ~ (Sally Ride).
40. “I liked math – that was my favorite subject – and I was very interested in astronomy and in physical science.” ~ (Sally Ride).
41. “It takes a couple of years just to get the background and knowledge that you need before you can go into detailed training for your mission.” ~ (Sally Ride).
42. “It’s easy to sleep floating around – it’s very comfortable. But you have to be careful that you don’t float into somebody or something!” ~ (Sally Ride).
43. “Because I was a tennis player, Billie Jean King was a hero of mine.” ~ (Sally Ride).
Inspirational Sally Ride Quotes
44. “It’s too bad our society isn’t further along.” ~ (Sally Ride).
45. “I do a lot of running and hiking, and I also collect stamps – space stamps and Olympics stamps.” ~ (Sally Ride).
46. “The astronauts who came in with me in my astronaut class – my class had 29 men and 6 women – those men were all very used to working with women.” ~ (Sally Ride).
47. “I’ve discovered that half the people would love to go into space and there’s no need to explain it to them. The other half can’t understand and I couldn’t explain it to them. If someone doesn’t know why, I can’t explain it.” ~ (Sally Ride).
48. “For a long time, society put obstacles in the way of women who wanted to enter the sciences.” ~ (Sally Ride).
49. “The experience of being in space didn’t change my perspective of myself or of the planet or of life. I had no spiritual experience.” ~ (Sally Ride).
50. “Different astronauts sleep in different ways.” ~ (Sally Ride).
51. “Three Secrets to Success: Be willing to learn new things. Be able to assimilate new information quickly. Be able to get along with and work with other people.” ~ (Sally Ride).
52. “Science is fun. Science is curiosity. We all have natural curiosity. Science is a process of investigating. It’s posing questions and coming up with a method. It’s delving in.” ~ (Sally Ride).