Brian Tracy is a motivational public speaker and self-development author who is Canadian-American.
He has written more than 80 books, which have been translated into dozens of languages.
Eat That Frog!, No Excuses!, The Power of Self-Discipline, Goals, and The Psychology of Achievement are some of his best-selling books.
We have handpicked some of the best quotes from Brian Tracy to inspire you.
Inspirational Brian Tracy Quotes on Self Discipline, Goals & Personal Growth
1. “To earn more, you must learn more.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
2. “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
3. “An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
4. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
5. “Your life only gets better when you get better.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
6. “The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
7. “A goal without a plan is only a dream.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
8. “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
9. “Every minute you spend in planning saves 10 minutes in execution; this gives you a 1,000 percent Return on Energy!” ~ (Brian Tracy).
10. “It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
11. “Excellence/Perfection is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
12. “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
13. “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
14. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances, be more active, show up more often.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
15. “Nobody works better under pressure. They just work faster.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
16. “Look for the good in every person and every situation. You’ll almost always find it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
17. “The only real limitation on your abilities is the level of your desires. If you want it badly enough, there are no limits on what you can achieve.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
18. “All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
19. “Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
20. “You are where you are and what you are because of yourself, nothing else. Nature is neutral. Nature doesn’t care. If you do what other successful people do, you will enjoy the same results and rewards that they do. And if you don’t, you won’t.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
21. “The more you seek security, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the security that you desire.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
22. “You become what you think about most of the time.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
23. “Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
24. “The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
25. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Best Brian Tracy Quotes
26. “Never settle for anything less than your best.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
27. “Your life is a reflection of your thoughts. If you change your thinking, you change your life.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
28. “Time is your most precious resource; make every minute count.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
29. “Failing to plan means planning to fail. What are your goals?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
30. “Luck is predictable; the harder you work, the luckier you get.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
31. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, What’s in it for me?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
32. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of very part of your life.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
33. “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
34. “Persistence is self-discipline in action.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
35. “The more credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
36. “There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
37. “No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
38. “Successful people are simply those with successful habits.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
39. “Self-esteem and self-love are the opposites of fear; the more you like yourself, the less you fear anything.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
40. “Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and importance, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
41. “Happiness and self-confidence come naturally when you feel yourself moving and progressing toward becoming the very best person you can possibly be.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
42. “Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
43. “Time management requires self-discipline, self-mastery and self-control more than anything else.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
44. “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
45. “The way you give your name to others is a measure of how much you like and respect yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
46. “Your biggest opportunity probably lies under your own feet, in your current job, industry, education, experience or interests.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
47. “Practice the philosophy of continuous improvement. Get a little bit better every single day.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
48. “Be clear about your goal but be flexible about the process of achieving it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
49. “When you absolutely believe in yourself and your ability to succeed, nothing will stop you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
50. “Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Top Brian Tracy Quotes
51. “Never assume you understand. Ask the questions.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
52. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
53. “Always concentrate on the most valuable use of your time. This is what separates the winners from the losers. Self-esteem is the reputation you have with yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
54. “There are no limits on what you can achieve with your life, except the limits you accept in your mind.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
55. “Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
56. “Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
57. “When you start doing what you love to do, you will never work another day in your life.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
58. “Action without planning is the cause of all failure. Action with planning is the cause of all success.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
59. “Move fast. A sense of urgency is the one thing you can develop that will separate you from everyone else. When you get a good idea, do it now.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
60. “Your ability to discipline yourself to set clear goals, and then to work toward them every day, will do more to guarantee your success than any other single factor.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
61. “Your life only gets better when you get better, and you can improve yourself without limit. Learn something new every day.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
62. “The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
63. “Any great achievement is preceded by many difficulties and many lessons; great achievements are not possible without them.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
64. “Your mind will always try to complete what it pictures, so always picture success no matter how badly things are going at the moment.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
65. “Dedicate yourself to continuous personal improvement you are your most precious resource.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
66. “Throw yourself wholeheartedly into your work; the more you enjoy it, the better you get.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
67. “Your thoughts, vividly imagined and repeated, charged with emotion, become your reality.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
68. “There is an interesting point about the price of success: It must always be paid in full and in advance. Everyone wants to be successful. Everyone wants to be healthy, happy, thin, and rich. But most people are not willing to pay the price.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
69. “Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
70. “You will regret many things in life but you will never regret being too kind or too fair.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
71. “Worry is negative goal setting.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
72. “Top people have very clear goals. They know who they are and they know what they want. They write it down and they make plans for its accomplishment.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
73. “Aspire greatly; anything less than a commitment to excellence becomes an acceptance of mediocrity.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
74. “You can accomplish virtually anything if you want it badly enough and if you are willing to work long enough and hard enough”. ~ (Brian Tracy).
75. “Always choose the future over the past. What do we do now?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
76. “Avoid negative people at all costs. They are the greatest destroyers of self-confidence and self-esteem.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
77. “Peak performance begins with your taking complete responsibility for your life and everything that happens to you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
78. “The key of success is for you to set one big, challenging goal and then to pay any price, overcome any obstacle and persist through any difficulty until you finally achieve it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
79. “Positive emotional energy is the key to health, happiness and wellbeing. The more positive you are, the better your life will be in every area.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
80. “Confidence on the outside begins by living with integrity on the inside.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
81. “The future belongs to the risk-takers, not the comfort-seekers.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
82. “You begin to fly when you let go of self-limiting beliefs and allow your mind and aspirations to rise to greater heights.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
83. “Every experience is a positive experience if I view it as an opportunity for growth and self-mastery.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
84. “You can NEVER rise higher than your expectations of yourself. Expect the BEST!” ~ (Brian Tracy).
85. “All improvement in your life begins with an improvement in your mental pictures.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
86. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
87. “Define your goals in terms of the activities necessary to achieve them, and concentrate on those activities.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Famous Brian Tracy Quotes
88. “Your attitude is an expression of your values, beliefs and expectations.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
89. “Remember, you only have to succeed the last time.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
90. “At least eighty percent of millionaires are self-made. That is, they started with nothing but ambition and energy, the same way most of us start.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
91. “Be selective about your external influences. Your multi-dimensional brain is influenced by everything you see, hear, read, smell, touch, feel or say.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
92. “It is not what you say or hope or wish or intend but only what you do that counts. Your choices tell you unerringly who you really are.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
93. “Be prepared to ride the cycles and trends of life; success is never permanent, and failure is never final.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
94. “Develop the winning edge; small differences in your performance can lead to large differences in your results.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
95. “In the sales profession, the real work begins after the sale is made.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
96. “If you can dream it, you can do it. Your limits are all within yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
97. “The biggest mistake you could ever make is to think you work for anyone but yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
98. “Fast tempo is essential for success; do it, fix it, try it!” ~ (Brian Tracy).
99. “A goal that is not in writing is like cigarette smoke: It drifts away and disappears. It is vague and insubstantial. It has no force, effect, or power. But a written goal becomes something that you can see, touch, read, and modify if necessary.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
100. “Your ability to get along well with others will determine your happiness and success as much as any other factor.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
101. “Your choice of people to associate with, both personally and business-wise, is one of the most important choices you make. If you associate with turkeys, you will never fly with the eagles.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
102. “If you’re unhappy, what is it in your life that you’re not facing?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
103. “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
104. “Economists say the inability to delay gratification is a primary predictor of economic failure in life.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
105. “Learn something new. Try something different. Convince yourself that you have no limits.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
106. “Entrepreneurial leadership requires the ability to move quickly when an opportunity presents itself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
107. “One of the things we know is that you cannot motivate other people, but you can remove the obstacles that stop them from motivating themselves. All motivation is self-motivation.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
108. “Your current situations or problems have been sent to you to teach you valuable lessons for success and happiness. What are they?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
109. “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
110. “The fastest way to improve your relationships is to make others feel important in every way possible.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
111. “Take a deep breath, relax and imagine yourself exactly as you wish to be.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
112. “Activity equals results. If you want to increase your success, increase your activity.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
113. “Continuous personal and professional development is your key to the future.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
114. “Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly at first.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
115. “In a time of rapid change, standing still is the most dangerous course of action.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
116. “You can make excuses or you can make progress. You choose.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
117. “Success can lead to complacency, and complacency is the greatest enemy of success.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
118. “Most great fortunes are built slowly. They are based on the principle of compound interest, what Albert Einstein called, “The greatest power in the universe.”” ~ (Brian Tracy).
119. “Everything that you do or say that raises the self-esteem of another raises yours as well.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
120. “You are not what you think you are, but what you THINK, you ARE.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
121. “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
122. “Telling is not selling. Only asking questions is selling.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
123. “The solution to the problems of marriage and parenting is simple. Spend more time with the people you care about the most.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
124. “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
125. “The value of a relationship is in direct proportion to the time that you invest in the relationship.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
126. “Leadership is the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
127. “Develop an ‘attitude of gratitude.’ Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
128. “Dress for success. Image is very important. People judge you by the way you look on the outside.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
129. “Sometimes we need to let go of things in our lives to make room for better things. Stress less and live more. Don’t waste your energy, when you have the choice to be happy.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
130. “Act as if you were already the person you want most to be.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
131. “Every positive change in your life begins with a clear, unequivocal decision that you are going to either do something or stop doing something.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
132. “Good habits are hard to develop but easy to live with; bad habits are easy to develop but hard to live with. The habits you have and the habits that have you will determine almost everything you achieve or fail to achieve.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Inspiring Brian Tracy Quotes
133. “Goals in writing are dreams with deadlines.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
134. “Keep asking yourself, ‘What kind of a company would my company be if everyone in it was just like me?’” ~ (Brian Tracy).
135. “Fear and self-doubt have always been the greatest enemies of human potential.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
136. “Continually push yourself out of your comfort zone. Push yourself to stretch as you try new things each day.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
137. “Welcome the challenges. Look for the opportunities in every situation to learn and grow in wisdom.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
138. “Be intensely result-oriented in everything you do. This is a key characteristic of high performers.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
139. “Activity equals results. If you want to increase your success, increase your activity. Increase contact with customers. The more people you contact, the higher your sales will be because of the law of probabilities.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
140. “Any goal can be achieved if you break it down into enough small parts.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
141. “Perhaps the very best question that you can memorize and repeat, over and over, is, ‘what is the most valuable use of my time right now?’” ~ (Brian Tracy).
142. “Follow up and follow through until the task is completed, the prize won.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
143. “All skills are learnable.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
144. “You are a living magnet. What you attract into your life is in harmony with your dominant thoughts.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
145. “Flexibility in a time of great change is a vital quality of leadership.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
146. “Every act of self-discipline increases your confidence, trust, and belief in yourself and your abilities.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
147. “Do one thing at a time. Start the day with a list of things you have to do, and do the most important things first.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
148. “The great breakthrough in your life comes when you realize that you can learn anything you need to learn to accomplish any goal that you set for yourself. This means there are no limits on what you can be, have or do.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
149. “The future belongs to the competent. It belongs to those who are very, very good at what they do. It does not belong to the well-meaning.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
150. “A goal or decision without a deadline has no urgency. It has no real beginning or end.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Short Brian Tracy Quotes
151. “Focus on your strengths.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
152. “Success comes in cans, not can’ts.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
153. “Be a creator of circumstances rather than just a creature of circumstances. Be proactive rather than reactive.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
154. “The price of success must be paid in full, in advance.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
155. “Practice is the price of mastery. Whatever you practice over and over again becomes a new habit of thought and performance.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
156. “Almost any decision is better than no decision at all.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
157. “Treat objections as requests for further information.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
158. “If you have two frogs, eat the ugliest one first.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
159. “Telling is not selling; never make a statement if you can phrase it in the form of a question.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
160. “Expect wonderful things to happen to you. Get up each morning and say; ‘I believe something wonderful is going to happen to me today.’” ~ (Brian Tracy).
161. “Every single moment shapes our future. Be intentional. Live on purpose!” ~ (Brian Tracy).
162. “Whatever you believe with feeling becomes your reality.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
163. “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
164. “Think about your goals and review them daily. Every morning when you begin, take action on the most important task you can accomplish to achieve your most important goal at the moment.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
165. “Clear, written goals have a wonderful effect on your thinking. They motivate you and galvanize you into action. They stimulate your creativity, release your energy, and help you to overcome procrastination as much as any other factor.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
166. “The checklist is one of the most high-powered productivity tools ever discovered.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
167. “Invest the first hour of the day, the ‘Golden Hour,’ in yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
168. “Intense, burning desire is the motivational force that enables you to overcome any obstacle and achieve almost any goal.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
169. “Leaders set high standards. Refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
170. “Spend eighty percent of your time focusing on the opportunities of tomorrow rather than the problems of yesterday.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
171. “The comfort zone is the great enemy of courage and confidence.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
172. “Time management is really personal management, life management. and management of yourself.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
173. “Positive thinkers think and talk continually about solutions, and negative thinkers continually talk and think about problems. Keep your mind solution-focused rather than problem-focused.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
174. “Set excellent performance as your standard and strive to achieve it each day.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
175. “Control your inner dialogue. Talk to yourself positively all the time.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
176. “Dream BIG dreams! Only big dreams have the power to move your mind and spirit.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
Brian Tracy Quotes for Motivation
177. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
178. “Truthfulness is the main element of character.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
179. “Success is not a miracle. Nor is it a matter of luck. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad, positive or negative.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
180. “Success is predictable.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
181. “There are no unrealistic goals, only unrealistic deadlines.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
182. “You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
183. “If you read one hour per day in your field, that will translate into about one book per week. One book per week translates into about 50 books per year. 50 books per year will translate into about 500 books over the next ten years.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
184. “Whatever job you take on, make yourself valuable, then indispensable.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
185. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
186. “Benchmark your performance against your best competitors. Think how you can beat them next time.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
187. “Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
188. “Financial security and independence are like a three-legged stool resting on savings, insurance and investments.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
189. “The only time you’ll ever have is now.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
190. “Imagine your ideal future. Visualize yourself as if your life were perfect in every respect.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
191. “What would you dare to dream if you knew you wouldn’t fail?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
192. “Respect is the key determinant of high-performance leadership. How much people respect you determines how well they perform.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
193. “Your mind is like a garden – unless you cultivate flowers, weeds will flourish. To keep your mind positive, substitute positive thoughts for negative thoughts.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
194. “If you do not have goals of your own you are doomed forever to work to achieve the goals of someone else.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
195. “Lack of planning is the cause of most failures.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
196. “Personal development is your springboard to personal excellence. Ongoing, continuous, non-stop personal development literally assures you that there is no limit to what you can accomplish.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
197. “To be successful, you need to really work hard. And every study in the last 50 years says that successful people say, “I am not smarter than anybody else. I just want to work harder and longer.”” ~ (Brian Tracy).
198. “Stop talking about the problem and start thinking about the solution.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
199. “The difference between the top performers and the average or mediocre performers is not a great, massive difference. It is just a tiny difference because the top performers do things just a tiny bit.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
200. “And I love to speak – I am very good at it. And if you love to do something, you’re very good at it, and also you are paid well, why would you not do it? Why would you stop?” ~ (Brian Tracy).
201. “The tendency to follow the path of least resistance guarantees failure in life.” ~ (Brian Tracy).
You Might Like
- Sean Connery Quotes
- Eartha Kitt Quotes
- Lou Holtz Quotes
- Jack Ma Quotes
- Tim Ferriss Quotes
- Dale Carnegie Quotes
- Eckhart Tolle Quotes
- Tony Hsieh Quotes
- Peter Lynch Quotes
- Leonardo da Vinci Quotes