Sir Sean Connery was a Scottish actor who starred in a number of films.
Best Sean Connery Quotes
1. “Nothing is impossible, only mathematically improbable.” ~ (Sean Connery).
2. “Some age. Others mature.” ~ (Sean Connery).
3. “You write your first draft with your heart and you re-write with your head. The first key to writing is to write, not to think.” ~ (Sean Connery).
4. “Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile.” ~ (Sean Connery).
5. “May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.” ~ (Sean Connery).
6. “Sometimes a woman just needs to be slapped.” ~ (Sean Connery).
7. “Don’t wait for it to happen, don’t even want it to happen – just watch what does happen.” ~ (Sean Connery).
8. “I find if I just sit down and think, a solution presents itself.” ~ (Sean Connery).
9. “But I wouldn’t call myself sadistic.” ~ (Sean Connery).
10. “My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land.” ~ (Sean Connery).
11. “If you fear nothing, you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?” ~ (Sean Connery).
12. “There’s always a new challenge to keep you motivated.” ~ (Sean Connery).
13. “There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man.” ~ (Sean Connery).
14. “The key to a woman’s heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time.” ~ (Sean Connery).
15. “If you can’t do it with one bullet, don’t do it at all.” ~ (Sean Connery).
16. “A martini. Shaken, not stirred.” ~ (Sean Connery).
17. “If you have to resort to violence, you’ve already lost.” ~ (Sean Connery).
Top Sean Connery Quotes
18. “It’s not the worst thing to slap a woman now and then.” ~ (Sean Connery).
19. “I take the good with the bad. I can’t love people in slices.” ~ (Sean Connery).
20. “How peaceful life would be without love. How safe, how tranquil and how dull.” ~ (Sean Connery).
21. “I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don’t recommend you do it the same way that you hit a man.” ~ (Sean Connery).
22. “I haven’t found anywhere in the world where I want to be all the time. The best of my life is the moving. I look forward to going.” ~ (Sean Connery).
23. “I’ve always been hopeful about Scotland’s prospects. And I now believe more than ever that Scotland is within touching distance of achieving independence and equality.” ~ (Sean Connery).
24. “Laughter kills fear, and without fear, there can be no faith. For without fear of the devil there is no need for God.” ~ (Sean Connery).
25. “I just think the most difficult thing to displace is a privilege.” ~ (Sean Connery).
26. “I admit I’m being paid well, but it’s no more than I deserve. After all, I’ve been screwed more times than a hooker.” ~ (Sean Connery).
27. “There’s a lot of fantasy about what Scotland is, and the shortbread tins and that sort of thing.” ~ (Sean Connery).
28. “I don’t understand if you get caught in a fight, but take it out on a room, how that implies some psychiatric disorder.” ~ (Sean Connery).
29. “Bond’s introduction: “Bond. James Bond.” Repeated in 17 subsequent Bond films. Number One in the Top Ten Most Famous Movie Quotes. -The Guinness Book of Film.” ~ (Sean Connery).
30. “I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don’t ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one.” ~ (Sean Connery).
Famous Sean Connery Quotes
31. “I like women. I don’t understand them, but I like them.” ~ (Sean Connery).
32. “I hope to work, support my children and die quietly without pain.” ~ (Sean Connery).
33. “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!” ~ (Sean Connery).
34. “The terrible beauty is that in the brotherhood of golf we are all the same – certifiable.” ~ (Sean Connery).
35. “To cultivate an English accent is already a departure away from what you are.” ~ (Sean Connery).
36. “Either what we hold to be right and good and true IS right and good and true, for all mankind, or we’re just another robber tribe.” ~ (Sean Connery).
37. “I unfortunately don’t speak French, but my wife is now fluent in English, which really reflects rather badly on me.” ~ (Sean Connery).
38. “Your background and environment is with you for life. No question about that.” ~ (Sean Connery).
39. “There are women who take it to the wire. That’s what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack.” ~ (Sean Connery).
Inspiring Sean Connery Quotes
40. “Scotland should be nothing less than equal with all the other nations of the world.” ~ (Sean Connery).
41. “I met my wife through playing golf. She is French and couldn’t speak English and I couldn’t speak French, so there was little chance of us getting involved in any boring conversations – that’s why we got married really quickly.” ~ (Sean Connery).
42. “I have always hated that damn James Bond. I’d like to kill him.” ~ (Sean Connery).
43. “Red wine with fish. That should have told me something.” ~ (Sean Connery).
44. “I never trashed a hotel room or did drugs.” ~ (Sean Connery).
45. “I’ve never really fancied Mexican food. A taco rather minds me of a puncture outfit.” ~ (Sean Connery).
46. “I suppose I’ll be able to get a drink there.” ~ (Sean Connery).
47. “I’m an actor – it’s not brain surgery. If I do my job right, people won’t ask for their money back.” ~ (Sean Connery).
48. “The Irish seem to have more fire about them than the Scots.” ~ (Sean Connery).
49. “More than anything else, I’d like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso.” ~ (Sean Connery).
50. “If anything could have pulled me out of retirement, it would have been an Indiana Jones film.” ~ (Sean Connery).
51. “I don’t know anything about baseball.” ~ (Sean Connery).
52. “If America had been discovered as many times as I have, no one would remember Columbus.” ~ (Sean Connery).
53. “People used to call me Bond in the street. It was impossible to avoid crowds of people all over the place and blinding flashguns. The Beatles had to run the gauntlet as well, but at least there were four of them!” ~ (Sean Connery).
54. “Perhaps I’m not a good actor, but I would be even worse at doing anything else.” ~ (Sean Connery).
55. “There’s one major difference between James Bond and me. He is able to sort out problems!” ~ (Sean Connery).
56. “I’ve never kept a record of anything. I gave away everything: all the posters, the memorabilia that would have been helpful – and financially rewarding.” ~ (Sean Connery).
57. “The media already attempts to assassinate my character in Scotland when I’m there, so my position is much more effective if I’m outside Scotland and am part of the voice of what the Scottish National Party is about.” ~ (Sean Connery).
58. “Most movies shot in Italian don’t even bother to record the sound. In fact, sometimes when Fellini works, he doesn’t even know what the dialogue is going to be, and he simply has his characters count from 1 to 10, knowing he will loop in their dialogue later.” ~ (Sean Connery).
59. “I care about Bond and what happens to him. You cannot be connected with a character for this long and not have an interest. All the Bond films had their good points.” ~ (Sean Connery).
60. “Everything I have done or attempted to do for Scotland has always been for her benefit, never my own and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.” ~ (Sean Connery).
61. “I have no shortage of material or offers, it’s just a case of what you select to do. But I think it’s realistic that my chances of playing Romeo are now over.” ~ (Sean Connery).
62. “I’m swimming every day and I’m even trying to get the golf swing working again – but that might take a little bit longer.” ~ (Sean Connery).
63. “But as a Scot with a lifelong love of Scotland and the arts, I believe the opportunity of independence is too good to miss. Simply put there is no more creative an act than creating a new nation.” ~ (Sean Connery).
Short Sean Connery Quotes
64. “The knighthood I received was a fantastic honor but it’s not something I’ve ever used and I don’t think I ever will.” ~ (Sean Connery).
65. “When you hear someone from the very north of Scotland speaking, I think its nice, very musical, and harmonious.” ~ (Sean Connery).
66. “I don’t think I’ll ever act again.” ~ (Sean Connery).
67. “I’m an easy target because of my political opinions.” ~ (Sean Connery).
68. “I can’t afford to slow down, but I suppose it really depends. As long as there’s enough enthusiasm, then one wants to continue.” ~ (Sean Connery).
69. “I left Scotland when I was 16 because I had no qualifications for anything but the Navy, having left school at 13.” ~ (Sean Connery).
70. “Only 4 percent of all the companies owned in Scotland have their head offices in Scotland.” ~ (Sean Connery).
Sean Connery Quotes for Motivation
71. “I did many other things before I ever got into the movies. I’ve been in so many businesses, it’s a joke. All of them totally unsuited to me. Selling used cars. Running a club in London.” ~ (Sean Connery).
72. “There’s something fundamentally wrong with a system where there’s been 17 years of a Tory Government and the people of Scotland have voted Socialist for 17 years. That hardly seems democratic.” ~ (Sean Connery).
73. “I still pay full tax when I work in England and the same when I work in America.” ~ (Sean Connery).
So these were some of the best Sean Connery movie quotes.