Tim Ferriss (Timothy Ferriss) is an entrepreneur, investor, author, and lifestyle expert from the United States.
Tim Ferriss is the author of The 4-Hour Workweek, which has become a New York Times best-seller. He also wrote The Tools of Titans.
I have compiled a list of some of the top quotes by Tim Ferriss.
Motivational Tim Ferriss Quotes (Author of The 4-Hour Workweek)
1. “Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
2. “Lack of time is actually lack of priorities.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
3. “One can steal ideas, but no one can steal execution or passion.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
4. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” ~ (Timothy Ferriss).
5. “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
6. “It isn’t enough to think outside the box. Thinking is passive. Get used to acting outside the box.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
7. “You can lose money and make it back, you can’t do that with time.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
8. “If you don’t have time, the truth is, you don’t have priorities. Think harder; don’t work harder.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
9. “The most important actions are never comfortable.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
10. “The best way to improve mental performance, is to improve physical performance.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
11. “An entrepreneur isn’t someone who owns a business, it’s someone who makes things happen.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
12. “Reality is negotiable.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
13. “Life is too short to be small.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
14. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
15. “If the challenge we face doesn’t scare us, then it’s probably not that important.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
16. “Three ingredients of luxury lifestyle design are time, income, and mobility.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
17. “A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
18. “But you are the average of the five people you associate with most, so do not underestimate the effects of your pessimistic, unambitious, or disorganized friends. If someone isn’t making you stronger, they’re making you weaker.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
19. “Money doesn’t change you; it reveals who you are when you no longer have to be nice.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
20. “Fear is your friend. It is an indicator. Sometimes it shows you what you shouldn’t do, more often than not it shows you what you should do.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
21. “Ninety-nine percent of people believe they can’t do great things, so they aim for mediocrity.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
22. “Short, sweet, and to the point. Clear writing, and therefore clear commands, comes from clear thinking. Think simple.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
23. “Simplicity requires ruthlessness.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
24. “Believe it or not, it is not only possible to accomplish more by doing less, it is mandatory. Enter the world of elimination.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
25. “Be bold and don’t worry about what people think. They don’t do it that often anyway.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
26. “People will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
27. “Lacking an external focus, the mind turns inward on itself and creates problems to solve, even if the problems are undefined or unimportant. If you find a focus, an ambitious goal that seems impossible and forces you to grow, these doubts disappear.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
28. “Doing something unimportant well does not make it important,” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
29. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
30. “What you do is infinitely more important than how you do it.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Best Tim Ferriss Quotes
31. “Excitement is the more practical synonym for happiness, and it is precisely what you should strive to chase. It is the cure-all.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
32. “Perfection is an impossible destination.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
33. “Just because you are embarrassed to admit that you’re still living the consequences of bad decisions made 5, 10, 20 years ago shouldn’t stop you from making good decisions now. If you let pride stop you, you will hate life 5, 10, and 20 years from now for the same reasons.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
34. “The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
35. “Doing less is not being lazy. Don’t give in to a culture that values personal sacrifice over personal productivity.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
36. “Don’t suffer fools or you’ll become one.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
37. “The best results I have had in my life; the most enjoyable times, have all come from asking the simple question: ‘What is the worst that could happen?’” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
38. “Luxury, to me, is not owning a lot of stuff. Luxury, to me, is feeling unrushed.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
39. “Luxury is feeling unrushed. It is designing a life that allows you to do what you want with high leverage, with many options, all while feeling unrushed.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
40. “The opposite of love is indifference, and the opposite of happiness is boredom.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
41. “People don’t want to be millionaires – they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
42. “The biggest misconception about work is that you need to spend the majority of your time doing it.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Top Tim Ferriss Quotes
43. “Information is useless if it is not applied to something important or if you will forget it before you have a chance to apply it.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
44. “The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack has had no impact on you.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
45. “Doing the unrealistic is easier than doing the realistic.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
46. “I’m not a big believer in long-term planning and far-off goals. In fact, I generally set 3-month and 6-month dreamlines. The variables change too much and in-the-future distance becomes an excuse for postponing action.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
47. “There are two components that are fundamental to enjoy life and feel good about yourself: continual learning and service.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
48. “The best entrepreneurs I’ve ever met are all good communicators. It’s perhaps one of the very few unifying factors.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
49. “Sometimes you need to go on a low-information diet.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
50. “Many a false step was made by standing still.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
51. “As Tony Robbins would say, “The quality of your questions determines the quality of your life.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
52. “Don’t do things that you know are morally wrong. Not because someone is watching, but because you are. Self-esteem is just the reputation that you have with yourself. You’ll always know.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
53. “Life punishes the vague wish and rewards the specific ask.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
54. “Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. The heroes in this book are no different. Everyone struggles. Take solace in that.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
55. “Never let a good crisis go to waste. It’s the universe challenging you to learn something new and rise to the next level of your potential.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
56. “The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
57. “My goal is to learn things once and use them forever.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
58. “You’re not responsible for the hand of cards you were dealt. You’re responsible for maxing out what you were given.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
59. “Happiness is a choice you make and a skill you develop.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
60. “The most important trick to be happy is to realize that happiness is a choice that you make and a skill that you develop. You choose to be happy, and then you work at it. It’s just like building muscles.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Famous Tim Ferriss Quotes
61. “Too much, too many, and too often of what you want becomes what you don’t want.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
62. “Remember – boredom is the enemy, not some abstract “failure.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
63. “One of the most universal causes of self-doubt and depression: trying to impress people you don’t like. Stressing to impress is fine, but do it for the right people – those you want to emulate.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
64. “If this is the only thing I accomplish today, will I be satisfied with my day?” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
65. “Aristotle had it right, but he was missing a number: “We are what we do repeatedly.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
66. “80% of the results come from 20% of the effort and time.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
67. “Desire is a contract you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
68. “Refuse to accept partial completeness.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
69. “Don’t confuse the complex with the difficult. Most situations are simple – many are just emotionally difficult to act upon.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
70. “Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
71. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.’ You won’t believe what you can accomplish by attempting the impossible with the courage to repeatedly fail better.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
72. “The means of learning are abundant – it’s the desire to learn that’s scarce.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
73. “If you let your learning lead to knowledge, you become a fool. If you let your learning lead to action, you become wealthy.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
74. “Busy is a decision.” Here’s why: Of the many, many excuses people use to rationalize why they can’t do something, the excuse “I am too busy” is not only the most inauthentic, it is also the laziest. I don’t believe in “too busy.” Like I said, busy is a decision. We do the things we want to do, period. If we say we are too busy, it is shorthand for “not important enough.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
75. “Kids don’t do what you say. They do what they see. How you live your life is their example.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
76. “Doing less meaningless work, so that you can focus on things of greater personal importance, is NOT laziness.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
77. “Losing makes you think in ways victories can’t. You begin asking questions instead of feeling like you have the answers. Questions open up the doors to so many possibilities.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
78. “When You Complain, Nobody Wants to Help You.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
79. “If you can’t see yourself working with someone for life, don’t work with them for a day.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
80. “It’s always the hard part that creates value.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Inspiring Tim Ferriss Quotes
81. “Being busy is a form of laziness – lazy thinking and indiscriminate action. Being overwhelmed is often as unproductive as doing nothing, and is far more unpleasant. Being selective – doing less – is the path of the productive. Focus on the important few and ignore the rest.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
82. “The worst that could happen wasn’t crashing and burning, it was accepting terminal boredom as a tolerable status quo.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
83. “Don’t save it all for the end. There is every reason not to.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
84. “Ours is a culture where we wear our ability to get by on very little sleep as a kind of badge of honor that symbolizes work ethic, or toughness, or some other virtue – but really, it’s a total profound failure of priorities and of self-respect.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
85. “People are poor judges of importance and inflate minutiae to fill time and feel important.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
86. “To enjoy life, you don’t need fancy nonsense, but you do need to control your time and realize that most things just aren’t as serious as you make them out to be.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
87. “In other words, you can spend all day undermining other people, and even if you’re right, who cares? Anybody can talk about why something’s bad. Try doing something good.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
88. “Strauss, Neil: “‘The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.’ – Norman Vincent Peale.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
89. “You don’t need more recipes. You need to learn to cook without them.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
90. “If you spend your time, worth $20-25 per hour, doing something that someone else will do for $10 per hour, it’s simply a poor use of resources.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
91. “Give vulnerability a shot. Give discomfort its due. Because I think he or she who is willing to be the most uncomfortable is not only the bravest, but rises the fastest.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
92. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
93. “The opposite of play isn’t work. It’s depression.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
94. “The Tail End” by Tim Urban on the Wait But Why blog – if you only read one article this month, make it that one. It.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
95. “Most people are fast to stop you before you get started but hesitate to get in the way if you’re moving.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
96. “I’m prepared to do battle for a dream that is worth dreaming.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
97. “As far as income goes, there are three currencies in the world; most people ignore two. The three currencies are time, income and mobility, in descending order of importance. Most people focus exclusively on income.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
98. “People are smarter than you think. Give them a chance to prove themselves.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
99. “You think you’re fatigued, therefore you can’t exercise. In fact, you choose not to move, therefore you feel fatigued.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
100. “Poisonous people do not deserve your time. To think otherwise is masochistic.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
101. “Just a few words on time management: forget all about it.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
102. “Different is better when it is more effective or more fun.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
103. “Don’t follow a model that doesn’t work. If the recipe sucks, it doesn’t matter how good a cook you are.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
104. “Learn to be difficult when it counts. In school as in life, having a reputation for being assertive will help you receive preferential treatment without having to beg or fight for it every time.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
105. “Requiring a lot of time does not make a task important.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
106. “You don’t have to travel, but I find extended travel to be a helpful tool for reexamining yourself and the constraints you’ve artificially placed on your life. It’s easy to believe everything has to be done one way if you’re always in one place around the same people.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
107. “Just because something has been a lot of work or consumed a lot of time doesn’t make it productive or worthwhile.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
108. “Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W’s you control in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it. I call this the freedom multiplier.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
109. “Uncertainty and the prospect of failure can be very scary noises in the shadows. Most people will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
110. “People who avoid all criticism fail. It’s destructive criticism we need to avoid, not criticism in all forms.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
111. “Fun things happen when you earn dollars, live on pesos, and compensate in rupees.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
112. “By working only when you are most effective, life is both more productive and more enjoyable. It’s the perfect example of having your cake and eating it, too.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
113. “$1,000,000 in the bank isn’t the fantasy. The fantasy is the lifestyle of complete freedom it supposedly allows.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Short Tim Ferriss Quotes
114. “The bottom line is that you only have the rights you fight for.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
115. “The goal is not to simply eliminate the bad, which does nothing more than leave you with a vacuum, but to pursue and experience the best in the world.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
116. “Converting your own passions into a job is the fastest method for eliminating any passion you once had.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
117. “There are certain things I will automate, but when it comes to quality control, I want to keep a very close eye.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
118. “Dreamlining is so named because it applies timelines to what most would consider dreams.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
119. “If only I had more money is the easiest way to postpone the intense self-examination and decision-making necessary to create a life of enjoyment – now and not later.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
120. “Everything that works in sales has been done already. Just keep track of the crap that you buy, or the awesome stuff that you buy, and decide what was the trigger, and then just sell to people like you. It’s really that easy – and that’s what I do.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
121. “Companies that start by redesigning the economics of an industry often finish by redesigning the whole industry-and owning it.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
122. “For the employee, the goal is to have full access to necessary information and as much independent decision-making ability as possible. For the entrepreneur, the goal is to grant as much information and independent decision-making ability to employees or contractors as possible.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
123. “Nothing can match the wonderment that comes from staring up into the star-filled canopy above and realizing that you are a part of that creation.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
124. “Changing the world doesn’t require much money. Again, think in terms of empowerment and not charity. How much were Gandhi’s teachers paid? How much did it cost to give Dr. Martin Luther King the books that catalyzed his mind and actions?” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
125. “I discourage passive skepticism, which is the armchair variety where people sit back and criticize without ever subjecting their theories or themselves to real field testing.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
126. “I gauge success in years, not weeks. The weekend box-office approach to book launches is shortsighted and encourages crappy books.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
Tim Ferriss Quotes for Motivation
127. “What would this look like if it were easy?” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
128. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
129. “Stop wishing and start doing.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
130. “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
131. “Losers have goals. Winners have systems.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
132. “You must want to be a butterfly so badly, you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
133. “There is just less competition for bigger goals.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
134. “No one owes you anything.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).
135. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.” ~ (Tim Ferriss).