Chanakya was a teacher, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor in ancient India.
He is also known by names such as Kauilya or Vishnugupta.
Best Chanakya Quotes
1. “The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” ~ (Chanakya).
2. “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.” ~ (Chanakya).
3. “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple.” ~ (Chanakya).
4. “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.” ~ Chanakya.
5. “One who can’t determine his goals; cannot win.” ~ Chanakya.
6. “No one can defeat a powerful mind.” ~ Chanakya.
7. “There is no present and future of the lazy.” ~ Chanakya.
8. “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.” ~ (Chanakya).
9. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.” ~ (Chanakya).
10. “Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise counsel keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.” ~ (Chanakya).
11. “He who gives up shyness in monetary dealings, in acquiring knowledge, in eating and in business, becomes happy.” ~ (Chanakya).
Popular Chanakya Quotes
12. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.” ~ (Chanakya).
13. “Enemies strike at weak points.” ~ (Chanakya).
14. “A person becomes great not by sitting on some high seat, but through higher qualities. A crow does not become an eagle by simply sitting on the top of a palatial building.” ~ (Chanakya).
15. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.” ~ (Chanakya).
16. “The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearted and strenuous effort.” ~ (Chanakya).
17. “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” ~ (Chanakya).
18. “Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.” ~ (Chanakya).
19. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction.” ~ (Chanakya).
20. “Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.” ~ (Chanakya).
Top Chanakya Quotes
21. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.” ~ (Chanakya).
22. “Time perfects men as well as destroys them.” ~ (Chanakya).
23. “People’s Fury is above all the furies.” ~ (Chanakya).
24. “Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.” ~ (Chanakya).
25. “A debt should be paid off till the last penny; An enemy should be destroyed without a trace.” ~ (Chanakya).
26. “An egoist can be won over by being respected, a crazy person can be won over by allowing him to behave in an insane manner and a wise person can be won over by truth.” ~ (Chanakya).
27. “Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher of poison with milk on top.” ~ (Chanakya).
28. “Do not put your trust in a bad companion nor even trust an ordinary friend, for if he should get angry with you, he may bring all your secrets to light.” ~ (Chanakya).
29. “Let not a single day pass without your learning a verse, half a verse, or a fourth of it, or even one letter of it; nor without attending to charity, study and other pious activity.” ~ (Chanakya).
30. “Skills are called hidden treasure as they save like a mother in a foreign country.” ~ (Chanakya).
31. “Knowledge is lost without putting it into practice; a man is lost due to ignorance; an army is lost without a commander; and a woman is lost without a husband.” ~ (Chanakya).
Famous Chanakya Quotes
32. “A permanent relationship is dependent on particular purpose or wealth.” ~ (Chanakya).
33. “In trans-border relations, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies or even permanent borders. There are only permanent interests and everything should be done to secure these interests.” ~ (Chanakya).
34. “Time perfects all living beings as well as kills them; it alone is awake when all others are asleep. Time is insurmountable.” ~ (Chanakya).
35. “There is no disease so destructive as lust.” ~ (Chanakya).
36. “Our bodies are perishable, wealth is not at all permanent and death is always nearby. Therefore we must immediately engage in acts of merit.” ~ (Chanakya).
37. “The disgrace of one’s people brings sorrow to the Nobel minded.” ~ (Chanakya).
38. “Rain which falls upon the sea is useless; so is food for one who is satiated; in vain is a gift for one who is wealthy; and a burning lamp during the daytime is useless.” ~ (Chanakya).
39. “Poverty, disease, sorrow, imprisonment and other evils are the fruits borne by the tree of one’s own sins.” ~ (Chanakya).
Inspirational Chanakya Quotes
40. “The learned are envied by the foolish; rich men by the poor; chaste women by adulteresses; and beautiful ladies by ugly ones.” ~ (Chanakya).
41. “If a king is energetic, his subjects will be equally energetic.” ~ (Chanakya).
42. “He who loses his money is forsaken by his friends, his wife, his servants and his relations; yet when he regains his riches those who have forsaken him come back to him. Hence wealth is certainly the best of relations.” ~ (Chanakya).
43. “He whose son is obedient to him, whose wife’s conduct is in accordance with his wishes, and who is content with his riches, has his heaven here on earth.” ~ (Chanakya).
44. “Water is the medicine for indigestion; it is invigorating when the food that is eaten is well digested; it is like nectar when drunk in the middle of a dinner; and it is like poison when taken at the end of a meal.” ~ (Chanakya).
Great Chanakya Quotes
45. “Although an ass is tired, he continues to carry his burden; he is unmindful of cold and heat; and he is always contented; these three things should be learned from the ass.” ~ (Chanakya).
46. “One whose knowledge is confined to books and whose wealth is in the possession of others, can use neither his knowledge nor wealth when the need for them arises.” ~ (Chanakya).
47. “Beauty is spoiled by an immoral nature; noble birth by bad conduct; learning, without being perfected; and wealth by not being properly utilised.” ~ (Chanakya).
48. “Learning is like a cow of desire. It, like her, yields in all seasons. Like a mother, it feeds you on your journey. Therefore learning is a hidden treasure.” ~ (Chanakya).
49. “O wise man! Give your wealth only to the worthy and never to others. The water of the sea received by the clouds is always sweet.” ~ (Chanakya).
50. “A father who is a chronic debtor, an adulterous mother, a beautiful wife, and an unlearned son are enemies in one’s own home.” ~ (Chanakya).
Inspiring Chanakya Quotes
51. “A person who cannot decide his goal, simply cannot win.” ~ Chanakya.
52. “Never settle for anything less than what you deserve. It’s not pride, it’s self respect.” ~ Chanakya.
53. “Humbleness is at the root of self control.” ~ Chanakya.
54. “Your feelings are your god.” ~ (Chanakya).
55. “Education beats the beauty and the youth.” ~ (Chanakya).
56. “Till the enemy’s weakness is known, he should be kept on friendly terms.” ~ (Chanakya).
57. “Good behavior wins even an enemy.” ~ (Chanakya).