Forrest Gump is a comedy drama film directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Eric Roth that was released in 1994 in the United States.
It stars Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Mykelti Williamson, and Sally Field and is based on Winston Groom’s 1986 novel of the same name.
The story follows Forrest Gump (Hanks), a slow-witted but good-hearted guy from Alabama who sees and inadvertently affects numerous pivotal historical events in the United States during the twentieth century.
We have curated the best Forrest Gump quotes from the movie for you to inspire and motivate you.
Best Forrest Gump Quotes for Inspiration and Motivation
1. “There’s an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
2. “There’s only so much fortune a man really needs, and the rest is just for showin’ off.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
3. “You’ve got to put the past behind you, before you can move on.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
4. “Always be able to look back and say, at least I didn’t lead no humdrum life.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
5. “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
6. “When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went.”- (Forrest Gump)
7. “Now you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was goin’ somewhere, I was runnin’!” ~ (Forrest Gump).
8. “Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn’t.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
Top Forrest Gump Quotes
9. “Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
10. “Sometimes, I guess there just aren’t enough rocks.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
11. “Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
12. “I’m not a smart man. But I *know* what love is.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
13. “I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floatin’ around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it’s both.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
14. “Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain’t something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was going to be a shrimping boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
15. “The best thing about visiting the President is the food! Now, since it was all free, and I wasn’t hungry but thirsty, I must’ve drank me fifteen Dr. Peppers.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
Famous Forrest Gump Quotes
16. “If you do not like my family and friends, I do not want to hear anything about it. They may mean nothing to you, but they mean everything to me.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
17. “He was from a long great military tradition. Somebody from his family had fought and died in every single American war. I guess you could say he had a lot to live up to.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
18. “Some people don’t think miracles happen, well, they do.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
19. “I’d always let her know that I was OK. Then I’d sign each letter, “Love, (Forrest Gump).” ~ (Forrest Gump).
20. “I’m pretty tired… I think I’ll go home now.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
21. “But you ain’t got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
Popular Forrest Gump Quotes
22. “That’s all I have to say about that.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
23. “You know it’s funny what a young man recollects? ‘Cause I don’t remember bein’ born. I don’t recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don’t know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
24. “I’d never named a boat before, but there was only one I could think of, the most beautiful name in the wide world.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
25. “Stupid is as stupid does.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
26. “What’s normal anyways?” ~ (Forrest Gump).
27. “My name’s (Forrest Gump). People call me (Forrest Gump).” ~ (Forrest Gump).
28. “One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We have been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…” ~ (Forrest Gump).
Inspiring Forrest Gump Quotes
29. “I don’t know if we each have a destiny, or if we’re all just floating around accidental, like on a breeze. But I think maybe it’s both. Maybe both are happening at the same time.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
30. “I’m not the smart man. But I know what love is.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
31. “If there’s anything you need, I won’t be far away.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
32. “Why don’t you love me Jenny? I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is.” ~ (Forrest Gump).
33. “My mama always said you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on.” – Forrest
34. “God can hear my prayers, so I pray.” ~ (Forrest Gump).