Kurt Cobain was a musician from the United States.
He was the guitarist, lead vocalist, and primary songwriter for the rock band Nirvana, as well as the band’s frontman.
Cobain’s songs broadened the subject norms of popular rock music through his angst-fueled lyrics and anti-establishment persona.
He was hailed as a voice for Generation X and is widely regarded as one of the most important performers in alternative rock history.
We have collected some of the best quotes from Kurt Cobain for you.
Best Kurt Cobain Quotes on Music, Love, Life, Depression & Death
1. “Dreaming of the person you want to be is wasting the person you already are.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
2. “A friend is nothing but a known enemy.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
3. “They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
4. “Humans are stupid. I’m ashamed to be human.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
5. “Do your own thing. Others own their own thing. If you copy too much, you’ll find yourself in late night cocktail lounge cover band limbo.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
6. “Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
7. “I’m so happy. Cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
8. “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
9. “If my eyes could show my soul, everyone would cry when they saw me smile.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
10. “The worst crime is faking it.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
11. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
12. “The duty of youth is to challenge corruption.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
13. “Practice makes perfect, but nobody’s perfect, so why practice?” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
14. “It’s better to burn out than to fade away.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
15. “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
16. “I’m worse at what I do best.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
17. “You can’t buy happiness.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
18. “Here we are now, entertain us.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
19. “If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
20. “All In All Is All We Are.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
21. “We have no right to express an opinion until we know all of the answers.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
22. “With the lights out, It’s less dangerous. Here we are now, Entertain us. I feel stupid, And contagious. Here we are now. Entertain us.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
23. “Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with your self esteem.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
24. “In the sun I feel as one.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
25. “The finest day I ever had was when tomorrow never came.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
26. “If you die you’re completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I’m not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I’ve got.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
27. “I don’t care what you think unless it is about me.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
28. “Rather be dead than cool.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
29. “Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don’t speak bird.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
30. “I use bits and pieces of others personalities to form my own.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
31. “Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth and it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
32. “Load up our guns – Bring your friends – It’s fun to lose and to pretend.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
33. “It’s okay to eat fish because they don’t have any feelings.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
34. “There are a lot of things I wish I would have done, instead of just sitting around and complaining about having a boring life.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
35. “I like to make people feel happy and superior in their reaction towards my appearance.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
36. “I was tired of pretending that I was someone else just to get along with people, just for the sake of having friendships.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
37. “My heart is broke, but I have some glue, help me inhale and mend it with you.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
38. “Forever in debt to your priceless advice.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
39. “I definitely feel closer to the feminine side of the human being than I do the male – or the American idea of what a male is supposed to be. Just watch a beer commercial and you’ll see what I mean.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
40. “People ask me what’s like to hear our song on the radio. I don’t know, I don’t listen to the radio.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
41. “If you read, you’ll judge.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
42. “If you’re really a mean person you’re going to come back as a fly and eat poop.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
43. “I mean I like to be passionate and sincere but I also like to have fun and act like a dork. Geeks unite.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
44. “I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they’re out there and it really bothers me.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
45. “People think of life as being so sacred and they feel like this is their only chance and they have to do something with their life and make an impact. As far as I’m concerned, it’s just a pitstop for the afterlife. It’s just a little test to see how you can handle reality.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
46. “I have very bad posture.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
47. “My heart is broke but I have some glue.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
48. “Please read my diary, look through my things and figure me out.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
49. “I don’t need to be inspired any longer, just supported.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
50. “I didn’t know how to deal with success. If there was a Rock Star 101, I would have liked to take it. It might have helped me.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
51. “I had a really good childhood up until I was nine, then a classic case of divorce really affected me.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
52. “She eyes me like a pisces.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
53. “I knew I was different. I thought that I might be gay or something because I couldn’t identify with any of the guys at all. None of them liked art or music. They just wanted to fight and get laid. It was many years ago but it gave me this real hatred for the average American macho male.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
54. “We’re so trendy we can’t even escape ourselves.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
55. “I’m a spokesman for myself. It just so happens that there’s a bunch of people that are concerned with what I have to say. I find that frightening at times because I’m just as confused as most people. I don’t have the answers for anything.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
56. “I started to be really proud of the fact I was gay even though I wasn’t.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
57. “I won’t eat anything green.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
58. “Life isn’t nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
59. “I just hope I don’t become so blissful I become boring. I think I’ll always be neurotic enough to do something weird.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
60. “Believe everything you read.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
61. “Before I die many will die with me and they’ll deserve it. See you in Hell.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
62. “I would love to be erased from our association with Pearl Jam or the Nymphs and other first time offenders.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
63. “I only remember a few things about Jimmy Carter. He had big lips and liked peanuts. I now know that Jimmy Carter was and is a good man.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
65. “To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
66. “I’m worse at what I do best. And for this gift, I feel blessed.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
67. “Music is energy. A mood, atmosphere. Feeling.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
68. “I am not well read, but when I do read, I read well.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
69. “I like the comfort in knowing that women are generally superior and naturally less violent than men. I like the comfort in knowing that women are the only future in rock and roll.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
70. “Punk is musical freedom. It’s saying, doing and playing what you want. In Webster’s terms, ‘nirvana’ means freedom from pain, suffering and the external world, and that’s pretty close to my definition of Punk Rock.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
71. “Words suck. I mean, everything has been said. I can’t remember the last real interesting conversation I’ve had in a long time. Words aren’t as important as the energy derived from music, especially live.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
72. “I decided that in order to become a big famous rock star, I would need to write my very own songs instead of wasting my time learning other people’s music too much. It may act as an obstruction in developing your very own personal style.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
73. “I have met many minds able to store and translate a pregnantly large amount of information, yet they haven’t an ounce of talent for wisdom or the appreciation of passion.” ~ (Kurt Cobain).
You Might Like
- Friedrich Nietzsche Quotes
- Oscar Wilde Quotes
- George Carlin Quotes
- Frederick Douglass Quotes
- Neale Donald Walsch Quotes
- Sherly Sandberg Quotes
- Joseph Campbell Quotes
- Franz Kafka Quotes
- Coco Chanel Quotes
- Isaac Asimov Quotes