Lori Deschene founded Tiny Buddha a self-help site and blog after struggling with depression and eating disorders.
She’s an author and has created various journals like Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude and Worry Journals.
Deschene started tweeting inspirational quotes in 2008 leading to the launch of tinybuddha.com in 2009.
The site fosters authentic connections offering wisdom for complex lives.
Deschene believes in honesty authenticity and daily commitment towards goals.
She learned the importance of following her heart from past work experiences.
I have picked the top quotes by Lori Deschene in this article.
Best Lori Deschene Quotes
1. We can sabotage our days by imagining tomorrow will be better; or we seize our moments by forgiving ourselves when we struggle and doing the best we can right now.” – (Lori Deschene)
2. “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a ‘negative person.’ It makes you human.” – (Lori Deschene)
3. “There’s something universal about the messiness of motherhood that not only shows up in our personal relationships with our kids but also with other women in our lives and in the world around us.” – (Lori Deschene).
4. “Get so caught up in your senses that everything else seems to stop for a moment – because things don’t actually stop.” – (Lori Deschene).
5. “I don’t have to take this day all at once, but rather one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.” – (Lori Deschene).
6. “Maybe when social distancing is a thing of the past, we’ll hug a little harder, hold on a little longer, and remember that nothing matters more than the time we spend with the people we love.” – (Lori Deschene)
Inspirational Lori Deschene Quotes
7. “See the things you can’t see when you’re rushing. Hear the things you can’t hear when you’re stressing.” – (Lori Deschene)
8. “Respect your body when it’s asking for a break. Respect your mind when it’s seeking rest. Honor yourself when you need a moment for yourself.” – (Lori Deschene).
9. “Vulnerability is not a negative state. It is how we start our path. I have just started mine slightly later than most.” – (Lori Deschene)
10. “The moment we decide things don’t have to be a certain way, we create the possibility that they could be better than we know to imagine them.” – (Lori Deschene).
Famous Lori Deschene Quotes
11. “Peace is accepting today, releasing yesterday, and giving up the need to control tomorrow.” – (Lori Deschene)
12. “Do your best and let the rest go. You can’t be perfect, no matter how hard you try, so give yourself credit for making an effort and try to stop…” – (Lori Deschene).
13. “You can’t stop negative thoughts from popping into your head, but you can choose to stop letting them control you and your life.” – (Lori Deschene)
14. “Accept that you will never be perfect, life will have always have challenges & people will disappoint you sometimes. Acceptance is the first step to peace.” – (Lori Deschene).
15. “You are strong enough to cope with your challenges, wise enough to find a solution to your problems, and capable enough to do what needs to be done.” – (Lori Deschene)
16. “If you worry and nothing’s wrong, you’ve wasted precious time over nothing. If you worry and something is wrong, you’ve still wasted precious time.” – (Lori Deschene).
17. “If you love yourself it doesn’t matter if other people don’t like you because you don’t need their approval to feel good about yourself.” – (Lori Deschene).
18. “We often hold a grudge because we don’t want to let the other person off the hook. But who’s really hooked: the ones who’s moved on or the one who’s holding on?” – (Lori Deschene).
19. “This moment is a new opportunity to let go of everything that’s stressing us. This moment is a new chance to take a deep breath so that we don’t feel so overwhelmed.” – (Lori Deschene).
20. “Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done.” – (Lori Deschene).
21. “Be there. Be open. Be honest. Be kind. Be willing to listen, understand, accept, and forgive. That is what love means to you.” – (Lori Deschene).
Popular Lori Deschene Quotes
22. “I want my kids to know that they are loved no matter what – including the parts of themselves that they don’t necessarily like. And I want them to know that even though some of those things might change, I will always love them.” – (Lori Deschene).
23. “I want my kids to know that we will always try again when we fail, even if it’s the 100th time. If I can show them that nothing is permanent, maybe they won’t worry as much about it.” – (Lori Deschene).
24. “I’m exhausted by the myths that mothers are martyrs, victims, or heroes. And even more exhausted by the people who really do think martyrs, victims or heroes is what we want to be.” – (Lori Deschene).
25. Take a little time to be amazed by something you won’t enjoy unless you consciously choose to focus on it.” – (Lori Deschene).