Vinod Khosla is a wealthy Indian-American entrepreneur and venture capitalist.

He is the founder of Khosla Ventures and a co-founder of Sun Microsystems.

I have curated some of the best quotes from Vinod Khosla for you.


Best Vinod Khosla Quotes

vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“In the next 10 years, data science and software will do more for medicine than all of the biological sciences together.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

vinod-khosla-sayings
  • Save

“Any problem is an opportunity. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

quotes-about-vinod-khosla
  • Save

“Every big problem is a big opportunity.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

vinod-khosla-captions
  • Save

“Doctors can be replaced by software – 80% of them can. I’d much rather have a good machine learning system diagnose my disease than the median or average doctor.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

quotes-about-vinod-khosla
  • Save

“An entrepreneur is someone who dares to dream the dreams and is foolish enough to try to make those dreams come true.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

quotes-on-vinod-khosla
  • Save

“You have to invent the future you want.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

best-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“No one will pay you to solve a non-problem.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

top-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“The willingness to fail gives us the freedom to succeed.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

powerful-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Future is not extrapolation of past.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

motivational-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Big data will replace the need for 80% of all doctors.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

great-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“I don’t mind the low probability of success, but it better be impactful if we do succeed.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

inspiring-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Not thinking it’s possible is a failure of imagination.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

Top Vinod Khosla Quotes

“If I wanted to be a doctor today I’d go to math school not med school.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Innovative, bottom-up methods will solve problems that now seem intractable – from energy to poverty to disease. Science and technology, powered by the fuel of entrepreneurial energy, are the largest multipliers of resources we have to solve our many social problems.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

inspirational-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“One of the best things data can enable us to do is to ask questions we didn’t know to ask.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“It doesn’t matter what your probability of failure is. If there’s a 90% chance of failure, there’s a 10% chance of changing the world.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

strong-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“You need a degree of foolishness to cause disruptive change in healthcare. Dare to dream.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Spreadsheets are fiction. Believing in what you’re doing and what you’re building is what’s important.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

quotes-on-vinod-khosla
  • Save

“How would you compete against yourself?” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Electric cars are coal-powered cars. Their carbon emissions can be worse than gasoline-powered cars.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

Famous Vinod Khosla Quotes

“We humans think linearly but tech trends are exponential.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

profound-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Your cellphone has 10 sensors, and your car has 400. But your body has none – that’s going to change.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“The first rule of venture capitalism is hands-on experience. You have to get your hands dirty.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

best-vinod-khosla-sayings
  • Save

“The only way you multiply resources is with technology. To really affect poverty, energy, health, education, or anything else – there is no other way.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“I’m not a political person. I’m a techie nerd, and I enjoy the techie part. I mean, all my life, I’ve loved great technology.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

positive-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Everybody else is afraid to fail. I do not really care because when I fail, I try something new.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“I generally disagree with most of the very high margin opportunities. Why? Because it’s a business strategy tradeoff: the lower the margin you take, the faster you grow.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“The right way to build a company is to experiment in lots of small ways, so that you have plenty of room to make mistakes and change strategies.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

wise-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“If everyone played it safe, we wouldn’t get anywhere.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Communication always changes society, and society was always organized around communication channels. Two hundred years ago it was mostly rivers. It was sea-lanes and mountain passes. The Internet is another form of communication and commerce. And society organizes around the channels.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

Popular Vinod Khosla Quotes

“In my view, it’s irreverence, foolish confidence and naivety combined with persistence, open mindedness and a continual ability to learn that created Facebook, Google, Yahoo, eBay, Microsoft, Apple, Juniper, AOL, Sun Microsystems and others.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

meaningful-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“I’ve probably failed more often than anybody else in Silicon Valley. Those don’t matter. I don’t remember the failures. You remember the big successes.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Religion asks you to believe things without questioning, and technology and science always encourage you to ask hard questions and why it is important in science and technology. So I was always interested in science and technology.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“The state of healthcare today is that we are busy in the practice of medicine vs. being in the science of medicine.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

thought-provoking-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“There’s no doubt in my mind over the next 25 years how we drive, how we build our houses, how we fly, how we build our buildings, will all change.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Imagine the world of mobile based on Nokia and Motorola if Apple had not been restarted by a missionary entrepreneur named Steve Jobs who cared more for his vision than being tactical and financial.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Maybe some percentage that’s substantially larger than 95 percent of VCs add zero value. I would bet that 70-80 percent add negative value to a startup in their advising.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

beautiful-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“I believe cellulosic fuels, biofuels made from nonfood crops are the only solution that will make a difference.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Certain food-based biofuels like biodiesel have always been a bad idea. Others like corn ethanol have served a useful purpose and essentially are obsoleting themselves.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

Inspiring Vinod Khosla Quotes

“Climate deniers are clearly the fringe group and need to see a proctologist to find their heads.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

interesting-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Screw up often; but screw up ahead of everybody else, and than learn as much, and than use it to make subsequent investments.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Oil replacements and then efficiencies in engines and housing and the way we build houses is a very interesting market.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Is it 10 years, 20, 50 before we reach that tipping point where climate change becomes irreversible? Nobody can know. There’s clearly a probability distribution. We need to ensure this planet, and we need to do it quickly.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

ultimate-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“We don’t need a fuel that’s cleaner, we need a fuel that happens to be cleaner, but is half the price of oil.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“There are parts of the country in America, in the Midwest, where wind is a big resource, and we should absolutely use it. But to try and apply it nationally doesn’t make sense. There are technologies that will work that are appropriate to certain regions.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“As for companies invested in the space – I think its important to distinguish between a good investment and a material climate change technology – you can have the first without the second, even in the “clean tech” space.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

best-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“Where most entrepreneurs fail is on the things they don’t know they don’t know.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“The world is hung up on food-based biofuels. Not only are they the wrong thing, they’re the uneconomic thing.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

motivating-vinod-khosla-quotes
  • Save

“If you’re going to re-invent healthcare you have to start from scratch.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).

“Seeking an acquisition from the start is more than just bad advice for an entrepreneur. For the entrepreneur it leads to short term tactical decisions rather than company-building decisions and in my view often reduces the probability of success.” ~ (Vinod Khosla).


Other Top Entrepreneurs Quotes