Will Smith is an American actor, rapper, and film producer who was born on September 25, 1968. Smith has won four Grammy Awards and has been nominated for five Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards.
Smith was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his roles as boxer Muhammad Ali in Ali (2001) and stockbroker Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness (2006).
We have handpicked some of the best quotes from Will Smith to inspire you.
Motivational Will Smith Quotes on Life, Love, Success & Fear
1. “Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” ~ (Will Smith).
2. “Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.” ~ (Will Smith).
3. “The road to success is through commitment.” ~ (Will Smith).
4. “Running and reading are the keys of life.” ~ (Will Smith).
5. “We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people who do not care.” ~ (Will Smith).
6. “Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they are going to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.” ~ (Will Smith).
7. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.” ~ (Will Smith).
8. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you. And Stay.” ~ (Will Smith).
9. “You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.’ You do that every single day. And soon you have a wall.” ~ (Will Smith).
10. “There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A.” ~ (Will Smith).
11. “Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice.” ~ (Will Smith).
12. “Don’t compare yourself to others. That’s when you start to lose confidence in yourself.” ~ (Will Smith).
13. “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.” ~ (Will Smith).
14. “There are so many people who have lived and died before you. You will never have a new problem; you’re not going to ever have a new problem. Somebody wrote the answer down in a book somewhere.” ~ (Will Smith).
15. “The person that works the hardest wins.” ~ (Will Smith).
16. “You want something? Go get it.” ~ (Will Smith).
17. “Those who say I can, and those who say I can’t – are both usually right.” ~ (Will Smith).
18. “Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.” ~ (Will Smith).
19. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ~ (Will Smith).
20. “The greatest dreams are always unrealistic.” ~ (Will Smith).
21. “I want the world to be better because I was here. I want my life, I want my work, my family, I want it to mean something and if you are not making someone else’s life better then you are wasting your time.” ~ (Will Smith).
22. “I know who I am, I know what I believe, that’s all I need to know. From there, you do what you need to do.” ~ (Will Smith).
Best Will Smith Quotes
23. “Danger is very real but fear is a choice.” ~ (Will Smith).
24. “And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping? I’m working.” ~ (Will Smith).
25. “Make a choice of what you want, who you want to be and how you’re going to do it. The universe will get out of your way.” ~ (Will Smith).
26. “Don’t let failure go to your heart, and don’t let success go to your head.” ~ (Will Smith).
27. “Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ~ (Will Smith).
28. “I want the world to be better because I was here.” ~ (Will Smith).
29. “Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice.” ~ (Will Smith).
30. “I do not have to build a perfect wall today. I just have to lay a perfect brick.” ~ (Will Smith).
31. “I’m motivated by fear. Fear of fear. I hate being scared to do something. And I think what developed in my early days was the attitude that I started attacking things that I was scared of.” ~ (Will Smith).
32. “The keys to life are running and reading.” ~ (Will Smith).
33. “Can I say something? Um, I’m the type of person that if you ask me a question and I don’t know the answer, I’m gonna tell you that I don’t know. But I bet you what, I know how to find the answer and I will find the answer.” ~ (Will Smith).
34. “I’m not afraid to die on a treadmill.” ~ (Will Smith).
35. “You are who you associate with. Look around at your five closest friends and that’s who you are. If you don’t want to be that person, you know what you gotta do.” ~ (Will Smith).
Top Will Smith Quotes
36. “I don’t want to be an icon. I want to be an idea. I want to represent possibilities.” ~ (Will Smith).
37. “Sometimes you have to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.” ~ (Will Smith).
38. “I love you and I’m here for you.” ~ (Will Smith).
39. “You’ll never achieve 100 percent if 99 percent is okay.” ~ (Will Smith).
40. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” ~ (Will Smith).
41. “If you’re always ready, you don’t have to get ready.” ~ (Will Smith).
42. “Remember, don’t try to build the greatest wall that’s ever been built. Focus on laying a single, expertly-placed brick. Then keep doing that, every day.” ~ (Will Smith).
43. “I’ve always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is a ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” ~ (Will Smith).
44. “Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.” ~ (Will Smith).
45. “It’s better to be prepared than to get ready.” ~ (Will Smith).
46. “So if you stay ready, you ain’t gotta get ready, and that is how I run my life.” ~ (Will Smith).
47. “Your life will become better by making other lives better.” ~ (Will Smith).
48. “Smiling is the best way to face every problem, to crush every fear, to hide every pain.” ~ (Will Smith).
49. “Greatness exists in all of us.” ~ (Will Smith).
50. “I’d rather live my life knowing that I’m not perfect than spend my whole life pretending to be.” ~ (Will Smith).
51. “Never lie to people, because the people you are able to lie to, are the people who trust you.” ~ (Will Smith).
52. “Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Why would you be realistic? What’s the point of being realistic? I’m going to do it. It’s done. It’s already done. The second I decide it’s done, it’s already done.” ~ (Will Smith).
Famous Will Smith Quotes
53. “A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out in the end, it was never bound to be, and you just have to let go.” ~ (Will Smith).
54. “Greatness lives on the edge of destruction.” ~ (Will Smith).
55. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard.” ~ (Will Smith).
56. “The first step before anybody else in the world believes it, is that you believe it.” ~ (Will Smith).
57. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” ~ (Will Smith).
58. “When I say I am going to run three miles, I run five. With that mentality, it is actually difficult to lose.” ~ (Will Smith).
59. “There’s a certain delusional quality that all successful people have to have.” ~ (Will Smith).
60. “The women who don’t seek attention are usually the women you need to be giving your attention to.” ~ (Will Smith).
61. “Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. What’s the point of being realistic? It’s unrealistic to walk into a room, flip a switch, and have light come on, but fortunately, Edison didn’t think so.” ~ (Will Smith).
62. “10 ways to love: listen, speak, give, pray, answer, share, enjoy, trust, forgive, promise.” ~ (Will Smith).
Popular Will Smith Quotes
63. “If you’re not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I’d rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%.” ~ (Will Smith).
64. “The best feeling in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone.” ~ (Will Smith).
65. “Be magic choose and believe that you can do anything you set your mind to believe. We are who we choose to be.” ~ (Will Smith).
66. “I keep going because I doubt myself. It drives me to be better. I’ve learned that the mastery of self-doubt is the key to success. It’s like being animated by the love of a woman – the need to be worthy of her.” ~ (Will Smith).
67. “Anything can go away. There’s no such thing as safety and security. You can do things that give you the illusion of safety and security, but there’s really no such thing.” ~ (Will Smith).
68. “The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school.” ~ (Will Smith).
69. “Life is dangerous and you’re not gonna live a life without risk.” ~ (Will Smith).
70. “Whatever your dream is, every extra penny you have needs to be going to that.” ~ (Will Smith).
71. “I want to represent possibilities.” ~ (Will Smith).
72. “I think my general disposition on life is finding what’s funny about it. When something happens, the first thing in my mind is, “What’s funny about it?”” ~ (Will Smith).
73. “Human beings are not creatures of logic; we are creatures of emotion. And we do not care what’s true. We care how it feels.” ~ (Will Smith).
74. “Everybody needs a partner to stand right by their side. Not only down for the good times. But also down through the bad times.” ~ (Will Smith).
75. “The game cannot be won, only played.” ~ (Will Smith).
76. “You have to make every group you come in contact with better.” ~ (Will Smith).
77. “I can’t run away when I’m scared. I always have to attack. That’s how I deal with seemingly difficult things.” ~ (Will Smith).
78. “I want to represent the idea that you really can make what you want I believe I can create whatever I want to create.” ~ (Will Smith).
79. “You play a part in every aspect of your life going the way you want or not going the way that you want. It has very little to do with other people.” ~ (Will Smith).
80. “When you create art, the world has to wait.” ~ (Will Smith).
81. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong by thinking about it. They did it.” ~ (Will Smith).
82. “Give me a problem, I’ll give you a solution. I just love living. That’s a feeling you can’t fake. I’m glad every single day. I think that even the camera can feel that I’m a happy man.” ~ (Will Smith).
83. “There is nothing like having to change your physical form to put you in contact with every weak part of yourself, to train yourself in the discipline. Put somebody on a treadmill and I’ll tell you how good they are at any other thing they do in life.” ~ (Will Smith).
84. “I believe you need to be educated about what you want to do in life, but I don’t believe you actually need college to get you there.” ~ (Will Smith).
85. “You can’t win enough, you can’t have enough money, you can’t succeed enough. There is not enough.” ~ (Will Smith).
86. “I read a Bruce Lee quote that shifted how I’m trying to live my life right now. He said, “Some targets are only meant to be aimed at.” Right? And I took that to mean a shift for myself from goal orientation to path orientation.” ~ (Will Smith).
87. “I have a great time with my life, and I wanna share it.” ~ (Will Smith).
88. “Boys laugh at what they put girls through – but they won’t be laughing when – they’re wiping tears off their daughters face for the same reason.” ~ (Will Smith).
89. “We didn’t grow up with the sense that where we were was where we were gonna be. We grew up with the sense that where we were almost didn’t matter, because we will be becoming something greater.” ~ (Will Smith).
90. “I’ve always been attracted to characters with insurmountable odds and obstacles, because innately, however inarticulately I’ve always believed that my dreams and my desires can command and bend time and space to be the things that I want them to be.” ~ (Will Smith).
91. “You can’t be scared to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that is ever going to be constant.” ~ (Will Smith).
92. “I’ve trained myself to illuminate the things in my personality that are likable and to hide and protect the things that are less likable.” ~ (Will Smith).
Inspiring Will Smith Quotes
93. “I control every interaction with every human being I’m with. I can actually manage any situation with 98 percent of the people on Earth.” ~ (Will Smith).
94. “Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.” ~ (Will Smith).
95. “I honestly believe that if I decided to be the president of the United States, I could do it. That might sound foolish to some. But in my mind, if Ronald Reagan can become president, why not Will Smith?” ~ (Will Smith).
96. “When you find things that are tried and true for millennia, you can bet that it’s going to happen tomorrow.” ~ (Will Smith).
97. “The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school. Traditional education is based on facts and figures and passing tests – not on a comprehension of the material and its application to your life.” ~ (Will Smith).
98. “It’s quite highly possible that I have peaked. I mean, I just can’t imagine what else I could do beyond this. It’s really a bittersweet kind of feeling.” ~ (Will Smith).
99. “Begging for acknowledgment, or even asking, diminishes dignity and diminishes power.” ~ (Will Smith).
100. “Adolf Hitler was a vile, heinous, vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet.” ~ (Will Smith).
101. “Love is the ultimate theme, but it’s not just for women.” ~ (Will Smith).
You Might Like
- Barack Obama Quotes
- Michelle Obama Quotes
- Thomas Fuller Quotes
- Earl Nightingale Quotes
- Charles Bukowski Quotes
- Gary Vaynerchuk Quotes
- Paul Newman Quotes
- Corey Wayne Quotes
- Bob Ross Quotes
- Linus Torvalds Quotes