Jim Carrey is a comedian, actor, writer, and producer from Canada.
Carrey rose to prominence in 1990 after winning a recurring role on the American sketch comedy television series In Living Color (1990–1994). He is known for his hyperactive slapstick performances.
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber were among his first film roles (all 1994).
We have selected some of the top quotes from Jim Carrey for you.
Best Jim Carrey Quotes
1. “Life doesn’t happen to you, it happens for you.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
2. “If you give up on your dreams, what’s left?” ~ (Jim Carrey).
3. “The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
4. “I wish everyone could experience being rich and famous, so they’d see it wasn’t the answer to anything.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
5. “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
6. “The truth will set you free.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
7. “Risk being seen in all of your glory.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
8. “My soul is not contained within the limits of my body; my body is contained within the limitlessness of my soul.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
9. “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect, so we never dare to ask the universe for it.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
10. “I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which, was that you can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
Top Jim Carrey Quotes
11. “If I’m not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
12. “You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world. You will only ever have two choices- love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
13. “Everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that will be left of you is what was in your heart.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
14. “Not hope, but Faith. I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
15. “Hope walks through the fire and faith leaps over it.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
16. “That peace that we’re after, lies somewhere beyond personality, beyond the perception of others, beyond invention and disguise, even beyond effort itself. You can join the game, fight the wars, play with form all you want, but to find real peace, you have to let the armor fall.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
17. “Don’t worry if you miss your cue, because there’s always doors opening. They keep opening.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
18. “Like many of you, I was concerned about going out into the world and doing something bigger than myself. Until someone smarter than myself made me realize that there is nothing bigger than myself.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
19. “It’s our intention. Our intention is everything. Nothing happens on this planet without it. Not one single thing has ever been accomplished without intention.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
20. “Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much!” ~ (Jim Carrey).
Famous Jim Carrey Quotes
21. “Choose love and don’t ever let fear turn you away from your playful heart.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
22. “Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about the pathway to the future, but all it will ever be is what’s happening here, the decisions in that we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
23. “I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
24. “As far as I can tell, it’s just about letting the universe know what you want and then working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
25. “You are the vanguard of knowledge and consciousness; a new wave in a vast ocean of possibilities.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
26. “I like challenges and I don’t believe in failure. I don’t believe in regrets. I believe suffering, failure – all those concepts – are things that are absolutely necessary to make us the best people that we can be, the best at whatever we want to do.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
27. “I have no limits! I cannot be contained because I’m the container.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
28. “To find real peace you have to let the armor go. Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
29. “Those times in life when you’re terrified are the mastery times.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
30. “Ultimately, we’re not the avatars we create. We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through it. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
Popular Jim Carrey Quotes
31. “50 years: here’s a time when you have to separate yourself from what other people expect of you, and do what you love. Because if you find yourself 50 years old and you aren’t doing what you love, then what’s the point?” ~ (Jim Carrey).
32. “There is a huge difference between a dog that is going to eat you in your mind and an actual dog that’s going to eat you.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
33. “You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
34. “I want to be a positive force in the world, I would like to make people happy.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
35. “The purpose of art is to bring people into presence.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
36. “It’s Better to Fail at What You Love Than Fail at What You Don’t.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
37. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
38. “Our eyes are not viewers, they’re also projectors that are running a second story over the picture that we see in front of us all the time. Fear is writing that script, and the working title is ‘I’ll never be enough.’” ~ (Jim Carrey).
39. “Isn’t it cool when the days that are supposed to feel good, actually do?” ~ (Jim Carrey).
40. “For the most sensitive among us, the noise can be too much.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
Inspiring Jim Carrey Quotes
41. “I know this sounds strange, but as a kid, I was really shy. Painfully shy. The turning point was freshman year, when I was the biggest geek alive. No one, I mean no one, even talked to me.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
42. “The early bird gathers no moss! The rolling stone catches the worm.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
43. “All there will ever be is what’s happening here. Decisions we make in this moment are based on either love or fear. So many of us choose our path out of fear, disguised as practicality.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
44. “There’s been a thoughtfulness to everything I do. Even the stupidest things I do have some kind of point.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
45. “Riddle me this, riddle me that. Who’s afraid of the big black bat?” ~ (Jim Carrey).
46. “People need motivation to do anything. I don’t think human beings learn anything without desperation.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
47. “I feel like I’ve lived the dream for sure, I’m the luckiest guy in the world and I never forget that. I always feel like I’m proof of positive thought and manifestation, and that faith is more important than talent. But if you have both you’re really doing something.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
48. “I don’t think you can know God unless you’re passionate about him so you’re either screaming at him, enraptured with the idea of being around him or feeling him in your life.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
49. “I’m not always looking for the laugh. I’m not the guy who sits in and listens to conversations and wants to jump in with something hilarious every two seconds. I actually do listen to people.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
50. “When I started out. I’d drive a hundred miles to do my act for free.” ~ (Jim Carrey).
You Might Like
- Daniel Radcliffe Quotes
- Lindsay Lohan Quotes
- Ben Affleck Quotes
- Paris Hilton Quotes
- Anderson Cooper Quotes
- René Descartes Quotes
- Thomas Hobbes Quotes
- Herman Melville Quotes
- Debbie Fields Quotes
- Megan Fox Quotes