Angela Merkel is a German politician who has been the country’s Chancellor from 2005 to 2021.
Best Angela Merkel Quotes
1. “Freedom does not mean being free of something, but to be free to do something.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
2. “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
3. “I might bend, but I will NEVER break because it’s in my nature as a strong woman.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
4. “Always be more than you appear and never appear to be more than you are.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
5. “I am thankful for all the hard times I’ve been through and all the tears I’ve cried because that has put me as closer to God and made me the strong woman I am today!” ~ (Angela Merkel).
6. “Look forward to the future and look forward to the unknown. Nothing stays the same and people change. One day that hurt and pain will be a distant memory.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
7. “Neither the chains of dictatorship nor the fetters of oppression can keep down the forces of freedom for long.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
8. “Global climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing humanity in the twenty-first century.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
9. “When it comes to human dignity, we cannot make compromises.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
10. “A good compromise is one where everybody makes a contribution.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
11. “Ladies, it is not your education, status or personality that has brought you here but the elegance of God which was still and still working upon you.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
Popular Angela Merkel Quotes
12. “Don’t get bitter and twisted and nasty by life. You may have been wronged or cheated on; two wrongs never make a right. Instead learn your mistakes and learn your lessons. Remain strong with your head held high.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
13. “The willingness to learn new skills is very high.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
14. “Democracy must be our answer to terrorism.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
15. “I am thankful for the way I was raised, to be positive. Even when times have gotten rough I have always tried to look on the bright side. Even when I was put down, yelled at and made feel insignificant, I still thought things were alright. I did realize when enough is enough.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
16. “One can remain more sure-footed by taking small steps, but perhaps achieve greater speed by taking bigger steps. Of course, one also runs the risk of setting out in a completely erroneous direction. Surely the important thing isn’t the length of our steps, but that the objective is clear.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
17. “Budget consolidation and economic growth are two sides of the same coin.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
18. “It is a fact that, if I single out Germany, our rate of growth is too low and we have very high unemployment.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
19. “Overcoming the Cold War required courage from the people of Central and Eastern Europe and what was then the German Democratic Republic, but it also required the steadfastness of Western partner over many decades when many had long lost hope of integration of the two Germanys and Europe.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
20. “I still believe in the old fashioned ways of showing a woman Respect and Honor!!” ~ (Angela Merkel).
Top Angela Merkel Quotes
21. “The euro is our common fate, and Europe is our common future.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
22. “Freedom is the very essence of our economy and society. Without freedom the human mind is prevented from unleashing its creative force. But what is also clear is that this freedom does not stand alone. It is freedom in responsibility and freedom to exercise responsibility.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
23. “Just because times change and a lot of people think that dating multiple people is the thing these days, it just isn’t a solid foundation at all in matters of the heart. I still believe in marriages that have a physically powerful foundation.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
24. “It’s not five minutes to midnight. It’s five minutes after midnight.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
25. “We must never forget our responsibilities as politicians to our country and its citizens. We must always remain humble before our people.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
26. “Spying among friends is never acceptable.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
27. “At this time – we’re in a dramatic crisis – euro bonds are precisely the wrong answer. They lead us into a debt union, not a stability union. Each country has to take its own steps to reduce its debt.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
28. “We feel bound to the Christian image of humanity – that is what defines us. Those who do not accept this are in the wrong place here.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
29. “I said, yet again, for Germany, Europe is not only indispensable, it is part and parcel of our identity. We’ve always said German unity, European unity and integration, that’s two parts of one and the same coin. But we want, obviously, to boost our competitiveness.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
Famous Angela Merkel Quotes
30. “Ordinary people regard a man of a certain force and flexibility of character as they do a lion; they look at him with a sort of wonder, perhaps they admire him; but they will on no account house with him.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
31. “The real problem is that the financial base for our social security system is shrinking because the number of normal jobs is falling. In other words, we have to address the challenge of how to make employment, in the classic sense, attractive once again.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
32. “If I run a time-limited test program, I’ll never discover whether markets with additional employment truly exist. A solution in the low-wage sector cannot be a limited special program.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
33. “Nobody in Europe will be abandoned. Nobody in Europe will be excluded. Europe only succeeds if we work together.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
34. “Don’t get bogged down by life and other people’s problems or hang ups.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
35. “Whoever decides to dedicate their life to politics knows that earning money isn’t the top priority.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
36. “The digital world creates a situation where there are no secrets anymore.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
37. “The Freedom Bell in Berlin is, like the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, a symbol which reminds us that freedom does not come about of itself. It must be struggled for and then defended anew every day of our lives.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
38. “I am not here for women only, but also for women.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
39. “I don’t carry any early childhood trauma around with me, if that’s what you’re hinting at. The story of the bicycles – and there were three of them which were stolen from me – I’ve dealt with it well.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
Short Angela Merkel Quotes
40. “I am courageous at the decisive moment. But I need a good deal of start-up time, and I try to take as much as possible into consideration beforehand.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
41. “This multicultural approach, saying that we simply live side by side and live happily with each other has failed. Utterly failed.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
42. “I think we can say our energy system will be the most efficient and environmentally friendly in the world.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
43. “There’s a rumour going around that states cannot go bankrupt. This rumour is not true.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
44. “I never underestimated myself. And I never saw anything wrong with ambition.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
45. “I think that the EU with the Lisbon agenda has put the right emphasis on growth and employment.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
46. “We need trust among allies and partners. Such trust now has to be built anew.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
47. “As a woman with strong opinions talking about technology and politics is not always welcome in Germany. Nope, it’s more like having a great cheerleader team behind me. People who follow my journey know I have a slightly colorful personality. The rest skipped out long ago.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
48. “First, we need good, stable relations with Russia. Second, we must make every effort to save energy and focus on using various sources to meet our energy needs. We must not allow ourselves to become dependent.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
49. “Let me say this on a personal note. Without the United States of America, I would in all probably not be able to stand here before you today.” ~ (Angela Merkel).
50. “I don’t believe you are simply born with the ambition of becoming chancellor. But if you want to make a difference, if you enjoy putting ideas into practice, then the post of chancellor has to be the one presenting the biggest opportunity of all.” ~ (Angela Merkel).