Indra Nooyi is a Indian-American business executive and former chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of PepsiCo in the United States.
She has consistently been included among the top 100 most powerful women in the world.
Here are some of the quotes from Indra Nooyi.
Best Indra Nooyi Quotes
1. “Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
2. “Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
3. “An important attribute of success is to be yourself. Never hide what makes you, you.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
4. “The biological clock and the career clock are in total conflict with each other.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
5. “Women helping each other – coaching, mentoring, and providing tips – is a great way for us to be our own force.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
6. “The glass ceiling will go away when women help other women break through that ceiling.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
7. “I wouldn’t ask anyone to do anything I wouldn’t do myself.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
8. “Leadership is hard to define and good leadership even harder. But if you can get people to follow you to the ends of the earth, you are a great leader.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
9. “If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
10. “Most importantly, we want to create a company where every employee can bring their whole selves to work.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
11. “My parents made us dream that we could be anyone that we wanted to.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
12. “Every year in consulting is like three years in the corporate world because you have multiple clients, multiple issues – you grow so much.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
Popular Indra Nooyi Quotes
13. “There is nothing like a concrete life plan to weigh you down. Because if you always have one eye on some future goal, you stop paying attention to the job at hand, miss opportunities that might arise, and stay fixedly on one path, even when a better, newer course might have opened up.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
14. “Take a stand. Be known for your courage and confidence.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
15. “The first thing I’d say to women is put aside the guilt. I think we’re all genetically programmed to feel guilty for not giving total effort at the job.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
16. “In today’s world of blogging and tweeting, conversation has become a bit more staccato. In many ways we’re more efficient, but I think the amount of longer conversations that radiated more warmth may have gone down.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
17. “My guilty pleasures are the websites where you can look at the fashions and see how different outfits will look. You can even take a picture of yourself and it and play with the fashions! I love playing with these websites to see what I can learn.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
18. “Market growth alone doesn’t give you enough tailwind. You have to create your own. The way to do that is by designing products for consumers that wow them.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
19. “When you assume negative intent, you’re angry. If you take away that anger and assume positive intent, you will be amazed. Your emotional quotient goes up because you are no longer almost random in your response.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
Top Indra Nooyi Quotes
20. “As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
21. “Just because you are CEO, don’t think you have landed. You must continually increase your learning, the way you think, and the way you approach the organization. I’ve never forgotten that.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
22. “I’m very honest – brutally honest. I always look at things from their point of view as well as mine. And I know when to walk away.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
23. “Most companies target women as end users, but few are effectively utilizing female employees when it comes to innovating for female consumers. When women are empowered in the design and innovation process, the likelihood of success in the marketplace improves by 144%!” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
24. “I pick up the details that drive the organization insane. But sweating the details is more important than anything else.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
25. “If you give up the guilt, that’s a huge load off your shoulders.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
26. “When I was president of the company, I said, ‘Okay, I can do this – piece of cake.’ Then when you are the CEO, the responsibilities multiply enormously because you worry about everything.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
27. “I grew up in a Hindu household but went to a Roman Catholic school. I grew up with a mother who said, ‘I’ll arrange a marriage for you at 18,’ but she also said that we could achieve anything we put our minds to encourage us to dream of becoming prime minister or president.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
Famous Indra Nooyi Quotes
28. “But the good news was that my elder sister refused to get married straight away and I couldn’t get married until she did so I had the licence to go off and dream.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
29. “At the end of the day, don’t forget that you’re a person.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
30. “I asked my parents for permission to study in America and they were so sure that I wouldn’t get in and get a scholarship that they encouraged me to try. So I applied to Yale and got an excellent scholarship. I then worked for the Boston Consulting Group for six and half years.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
31. “My father was an absolutely wonderful human being. From him I learned to always assume positive intent. Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
32. “PepsiCo did not have a woman in the senior ranks, nor a foreign-born person who was willing to think differently.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
33. “Women play a couple of roles. They are in professional schools and increasingly producing the talent to keep the engines of the economy growing, but they’re also the nurturers and the caregivers.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
34. “Blogging is a great way to provide tips and advice to each other.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
35. “We pretend we have it all. We pretend we can have it all.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
36. “There will never be a replacement for that ongoing physical contact. But I don’t think blogging is meant to replace the face-to-face of friendships and meetings. Blogging is a way to keep in touch with a larger group of people on an ongoing basis, in a more efficient way.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
Short Indra Nooyi Quotes
37. “When I grew up there was no web, blogging or tweeting. In fact, where I grew up there was not even television! I met a lot of my friends in school and in college, and they are still my friends today.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
38. “I think innovation as a discipline needs to go back and get rethought and revived. There are so many models to talk about innovation, there are so many typologies of innovation, and you have to find a good innovation metric that truly captures the innovation performance of a company.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
39. “Anything that’s done to address unemployment in terms of massive stimulus spending is going to exacerbate deficits. And anything that’s done to address deficits in the short-term is going to exacerbate unemployment.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).
40. “Blogging and the Internet allow us to engage in a lot more real time conversations as opposed to a one-way dump of information or a message.” ~ (Indra Nooyi).