Billy Graham (1918-2018) was an influential American evangelist, celebrated for his large-scale preaching missions and relationships with several U.S. presidents.
Raised in North Carolina, Graham professed his devotion to Christ during a revival meeting in 1934.
After studying at various institutions, he developed a simple, direct preaching style focused on sin and salvation.
His ability to exploit new media technologies such as radio and television helped disseminate his message and dissociate himself from traditional fundamentalism.
Graham’s evangelistic crusades attracted worldwide attention, further bolstered by the support of media mogul William Randolph Hearst.
Despite facing criticism from both theological extremes, Graham maintained a unifying, irenic spirit throughout his career.
He enjoyed close relationships with several American presidents, notably Richard Nixon. Graham left a significant legacy, marked by his extraordinary charisma, forceful preaching and his organization, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
He is often recognized as one of the most prominent religious figures of the 20th century.
Below are some of the most inspiring quotes by Billy Graham.
Top 10 Billy Graham Quotes
1. “A checkbook is a theological document, it will tell you who and what you worship.” ~ (Billy Graham).
2. “Salvation is free, but discipleship costs everything we have.” ~ (Billy Graham).
3. “Read the Bible. Work hard and honestly. And don’t complain.” ~ (Billy Graham).
4. “Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valleys.” ~ (Billy Graham).
5. “I’ve read the last page of the Bible. It’s all going to turn out all right.” ~ (Billy Graham).
6. “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” ~ (Billy Graham).
7. “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” ~ (Billy Graham).
8. “True prayer is a way of life, not just for use in cases of emergency.” ~ (Billy Graham).
9. “Don’t wavier. Make a decision. Do it now.” ~ (Billy Graham).
10. “It is the Holy Spirit’s job to convict, God’s job to judge and my job to love.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Inspirational Billy Graham Quotes
11. “If God eliminated evil by programming us to perform only good acts, we would lose this distinguishing mark – the ability to make choices. We would no longer be free moral agents. We would be reduced to the status of robots.” ~ (Billy Graham).
12. “Guy Lafleur said “Each of us has only one past but there are many futures”.” ~ (Billy Graham).
13. “Abraham Lincoln said, “I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book upon reason that you can and the balance upon faith, and you will live and die a better man.” Coleridge said he believed the Bible to be the Word of God because, as he put it, “It finds me.” “If you want encouragement,” John Bunyan wrote, “entertain the promises.” ~ (Billy Graham).
14. “The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection.” ~ (Billy Graham).
15. “Happy is the person who has learned the secret of being content with whatever life brings him, and has learned to rejoice in the simple and beautiful things around him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
16. “The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.” ~ (Billy Graham).
17. “God never takes away something from your life without replacing it with something better.” ~ (Billy Graham).
18. “God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don’t let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He’s still on the throne.” ~ (Billy Graham).
19. “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.” ~ (Billy Graham).
20. “Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.” ~ (Billy Graham).
21. “A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.” ~ (Billy Graham).
22. “If you are ignorant of God’s Word, you will always be ignorant of God’s will.” ~ (Billy Graham).
23. “I never saw a U-Haul behind a hearse.” ~ (Billy Graham).
24. “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
25. “We hurt people by being too busy. Too busy to notice their needs. Too busy to drop that note of comfort or encouragement or assurance of love. Too busy to listen when someone needs to talk. Too busy to care.” ~ (Billy Graham).
26. “Heaven is real and hell is real, and eternity is but a breath away.” ~ (Billy Graham).
27. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’” ~ (Billy Graham).
28. “We are the Bibles the world is reading; We are the creeds the world is needing; We are the sermons the world is heeding.” ~ (Billy Graham).
29. “To get nations back on their feet, we must first get down on our knees.” ~ (Billy Graham).
30. “Be sure that your motive in praying is to glorify God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
31. “God doesn’t owe us anything yet in His grace, He still gives us good things.” ~ (Billy Graham).
32. “No matter how dark and hopeless a situation might seem, never stop praying.” ~ (Billy Graham).
33. “Confidentiality is the essence of being trusted.” ~ (Billy Graham).
34. “You can’t control the length of your life. You can control the depth.” ~ (Billy Graham).
35. “The most devastating effect of sin is that by it, we are blinded to it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
36. “Becoming a Christian is the work of a moment; being a Christian is the work of a lifetime.” ~ (Billy Graham).
37. “One with God is a majority.” ~ (Billy Graham).
38. “Life is a glorious opportunity.” ~ (Billy Graham).
39. “Fear can paralyze us and keep us from believing God and stepping out in faith. The devil loves a fearful Christian!” ~ (Billy Graham).
40. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” ~ (Billy Graham).
41. “Evil is real – but so is God’s power and love.” ~ (Billy Graham).
42. “The moment we take our last breath on earth, we take our first in heaven.” ~ (Billy Graham).
43. “I know God is in charge. Not me, I’m nothing. I wouldn’t be anything except for the power of the spirit of God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
44. “Grumbling and gratitude are, for the child of God, in conflict. Be grateful and you won’t grumble. Grumble and you won’t be grateful.” ~ (Billy Graham).
45. “A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian.” ~ (Billy Graham).
46. “God has a plan for your retirement.” ~ (Billy Graham).
47. “God’s path always delivers what He promises.” ~ (Billy Graham).
48. “There is more evidence that Jesus rose from the dead than there is that Julius Caesar ever lived or that Alexander the Great died at the age of thirty-three.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Best Billy Graham Quotes
49. “Don’t be a half-Christian. There are too many of such in the world. The world has a profound respect for people who are sincere in their faith.” ~ (Billy Graham).
50. “Only when we understand the holiness of God will we understand the depth of our sin.” ~ (Billy Graham).
51. “God can use a sensitive Christian to be a rich blessing in the life of one who knows pain and sorrow.” ~ (Billy Graham).
52. “The greatest surprise in life to me is the brevity of life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
53. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” ~ (Billy Graham).
54. “The motive of grace is the infinite, compassionate love of a merciful God, but the work of grace was the death of Christ on the cross.” ~ (Billy Graham).
55. “My hope does not rest in the affairs of this world. It rests in Christ who is coming again.” ~ (Billy Graham).
56. “Although we may trust God’s promises for life after death and the certainty of a heavenly home, we must still face the reality of death.” ~ (Billy Graham).
57. “You can’t change your past but you can change you destiny but deciding for Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
58. “Why should we give God thanks? Because everything we have comes from God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
59. “Communism has decided against God, against Christ, against the Bible, and against all religion.” ~ (Billy Graham).
60. “We can be certain that God will give us the strength and resources we need to live through any situation in life that he ordains. The will of God will never take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
61. “My prayer today is that we will feel the loving arms of God wrapped around us, and will know in our hearts that He will never forsake us as we trust in Him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
62. “The Bible is not an option, it is a necessity. You cannot grow spiritually strong without it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
63. “The seed of sin is in us when we are born.” ~ (Billy Graham).
64. “We’re all sinners. Everybody you meet all over the world is a sinner.” ~ (Billy Graham).
65. “You will never understand who you are until you understand who God is.” ~ (Billy Graham).
66. “Suffering is part of the human condition, and it comes to us all. The key is how we react to it, either turning away from God in anger and bitterness or growing closer to Him in trust and confidence.” ~ (Billy Graham).
67. “Our world today so desperately hungers for hope, yet uncounted people have almost given up. There is despair and hopelessness on every hand. Let us be faithful in proclaiming the hope that is in Jesus.” ~ (Billy Graham).
68. “Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
69. “If you find a perfect church don’t join it: You’d spoil it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
70. “Integrity means that if our private life were suddenly exposed, we’d have no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed. Integrity means that our outward life is consistent with our inner convictions.” ~ (Billy Graham).
71. “Without the resurrection, the cross is meaningless.” ~ (Billy Graham).
72. “The very purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die. This is the heart of Christmas.” ~ (Billy Graham).
73. “To the Christian death is the exchanging of a tent for a building.” ~ (Billy Graham).
74. “Learn to keep close to Jesus, to listen to His voice, and follow Him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
75. “I don’t need a successor, only willing hands to accept the torch for a new generation.” ~ (Billy Graham).
76. “Suppose you could gain everything in the whole world, and lost your soul. Was it worth it?” ~ (Billy Graham).
77. “We should not pray for God to be on our side, but pray that we may be on God’s side.” ~ (Billy Graham).
78. “Auschwitz stands as a tragic reminder of the terrible potential man has for violence and inhumanity.” ~ (Billy Graham).
79. “The word of God hidden in the heart is a stubborn voice to suppress.” ~ (Billy Graham).
80. “When life is hard it’s easy to focus only on the bad things and forget all about the good things God has given us. But God has blessed every one of us in ways we often overlook.” ~ (Billy Graham).
81. “Christ alone can bring lasting peace – peace with God – peace among men and nations – and peace within our hearts.” ~ (Billy Graham).
82. “God’s holiness demands that sin be punished – but God’s love has provided the way of redemption through Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
83. “Only as we bow in contrition, confession, and repentance at the foot of the cross, can we find forgiveness. There is the grace of God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
84. “Most of us know about God, but that is quite different from knowing God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
85. “The Holy Spirit illuminates the minds of people, makes us yearn for God, and takes spiritual truth and makes it understandable to us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
86. “Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone – except God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
87. “I’m going to Heaven just like the thief on the cross who said in that last moment: ‘Lord, remember me.’” ~ (Billy Graham).
Famous Billy Graham Quotes
Billy Graham is a famous Christian preacher. He has spoken to millions of people around the world about God. He is also a writer and has written many books about his faith. Billy Graham is a very important person to many Christians because he helps them understand more about God.
88. “May you also remember this Thanksgiving not only the obvious gifts that God has given you, but His spiritual blessings, as well. The greatest gift of all is Jesus Christ, and the salvation God offers us in Him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
89. “Don’t let failure or disappointment cut you off from God or make you think that the future is hopeless. When God closes one door, He often opens another door – if we seek it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
90. “Knowing we will be with Christ forever far outweighs our burdens today! Keep your eyes on eternity!” ~ (Billy Graham).
91. “All mankind is crying out for guidance, for comfort, for peace.” ~ (Billy Graham).
92. “Without dark clouds in our lives, we would never know the joy of sunshine. We can become callous and unteachable if we do not learn from pain.” ~ (Billy Graham).
93. “The Bible says that as long as we are here on earth, we are strangers in a foreign land. There are enemies to be conquered before we return home. This world is not our home; our citizenship is in heaven.” ~ (Billy Graham).
94. “God’s mercy and grace give me hope – for myself, and for our world.” ~ (Billy Graham).
95. “Two conflicting forces cannot exist in one human heart. When doubt reigns, faith cannot abide. Where hatred rules, love is crowded out. Where selfishness rules, there love cannot dwell. When worry is present, trust cannot crowd its way in.” ~ (Billy Graham).
96. “No matter how prepared you think you are for the death of a loved one, it still comes as a shock, and it still hurts very deeply.” ~ (Billy Graham).
97. “Live each day as if it were your last for some day it will be.” ~ (Billy Graham).
98. “We cannot ask forgiveness over and over again for our sins, and then return to our sins, expecting God to forgive us. We must turn from our practice of sin as best we know how, and turn to Christ by faith as our Lord and Savior.” ~ (Billy Graham).
99. “There is no joy in life like the joy of sharing.” ~ (Billy Graham).
100. “Jesus Christ opened heaven’s door for us by His death on the cross.”~ (Billy Graham).
101. “Truly, God works in mysterious ways. The wheels of His mercy and justice move quietly, but they do move.” ~ (Billy Graham).
102. “As this New Year begins, ask God to help you tune your life every day to His Word, so you can bring harmony and joy to those around you.” ~ (Billy Graham).
103. “Robots do not love. God created us with the capacity to love. Love is based upon one’s right to choose to love. We cannot force others to love us. We can make them serve us or obey us. But true love is founded upon one’s freedom to choose to respond.” ~ (Billy Graham).
104. “Any other foundation will fail, but Christ is a sure and steady rock to build your life on.” ~ (Billy Graham).
105. “Hot heads and cold hearts never solved anything.” ~ (Billy Graham).
106. “I am never lonely when I am reading the Bible. Nothing dissolves loneliness like a session with God’s Word.” ~ (Billy Graham).
107. “Prayer is crucial in evangelism: Only God can change the heart of someone who is in rebellion against Him. No matter how logical our arguments or how fervent our appeals, our words will accomplish nothing unless God’s Spirit prepares the way.” ~ (Billy Graham).
108. “Integrity is the glue that holds our way of life together.” ~ (Billy Graham).
109. “The cross shows us the seriousness of our sin-but it also shows us the immeasurable love of God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
110. “Faith grows when it is planted in the fertile soil of God’s Word.” ~ (Billy Graham).
111. “God’s grace, quite simply, is God’s mercy and goodness toward us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
112. “Those outside the church expect followers of Christ to live differently, yet today many in church are chasing after the world – not to win them, but to be like them.” ~ (Billy Graham).
113. “If you don’t make a decision then time will make it for you and time will always side against you!” ~ (Billy Graham).
114. “May the Lord bless you real good.” ~ (Billy Graham).
115. “No matter what trials we face, Christ never leaves us. He is with us every step of the way!” ~ (Billy Graham).
116. “You cannot serve god and mammon. You have to make a choice.” ~ (Billy Graham).
117. “Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil – it has no point.” ~ (Billy Graham).
118. “Out of pain and problems have come the sweetest songs, the most poignant poems, the most gripping stories.” ~ (Billy Graham).
119. “Sin is the second most powerful force in the universe, for it sent Jesus to the cross. Only one force is greater-the love of God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
120. “Jesus had a humble heart. If He abides in us, pride will never dominate our lives.” ~ (Billy Graham).
121. “Perhaps the greatest psychological, spiritual, and medical need that all people have is the need for hope.” ~ (Billy Graham).
122. “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. Are you unstable about your relationship to Christ?” ~ (Billy Graham).
123. “When granted many years of life, growing old in age is natural, but growing old with grace is a choice. Growing older with grace is possible for all who will set their hearts and minds on the Giver of grace, the Lord Jesus Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
124. “Heaven is a wonderful place and the benefits for the believer are out of this world!” ~ (Billy Graham).
125. “Forgiveness does not come easily to us, especially when someone we have trusted betrays our trust. And yet if we do not learn to forgive, we will discover that we can never really rebuild trust.” ~ (Billy Graham).
126. “God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he’ll be there.” ~ (Billy Graham).
127. “There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.” ~ (Billy Graham).
128. “Every successful work of God must have opposition.” ~ (Billy Graham).
129. “To be peacemaker, you must know the peace giver.” ~ (Billy Graham).
130. “Our faith becomes stronger as we express it; a growing faith is a sharing faith.” ~ (Billy Graham).
131. “God has given us two hands – one to receive with and the other to give with. We are cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing. If we fail to fulfill this divine duty and privilege we have missed the meaning of Christianity.” ~ (Billy Graham).
132. “It is a great privilege, as well as our responsibility, to pray for our government leaders.” ~ (Billy Graham).
133. “Prayer is more than a wish; it is the voice of faith directed to God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
134. “Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Inspiring Billy Graham Quotes
135. “Christmas is not a myth, not a tradition, not a dream. It is a glorious reality.” ~ (Billy Graham).
136. “You’re born. You suffer. You die. Fortunately, there’s a loophole.” ~ (Billy Graham).
137. “You not only choose between two ways of life but you choose between two masters.” ~ (Billy Graham).
138. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” ~ (Billy Graham).
139. “What a moment to take the newspaper in one hand and the Bible in the other and watch the unfolding of the great drama of the ages. This is an exciting and thrilling time to be alive. I would not want to live in any other period.” ~ (Billy Graham).
140. “The Christian is an idol breaker.” ~ (Billy Graham).
141. “Anxiety is the natural result when our hopes are centered in anything short of God and His will.” ~ (Billy Graham).
142. “The Bible stresses that a marriage ideally should be a picture or a reflection of Christ’s love for His people.” ~ (Billy Graham).
143. “Be to the world a sign that while we as Christians do not have all the answers, we do know and care about the questions.” ~ (Billy Graham).
144. “The same sun that melts the butter hardens the clay.” ~ (Billy Graham).
145. “I believe one of the next great moves of God is going to be through the believers in the workplace.” ~ (Billy Graham).
146. “The greatest need in the world is the transformation of human nature. We need a new heart that will not have lust and greed and hate in it. We need a heart filled with love and peace and joy, and that is why Jesus came into the world.” ~ (Billy Graham).
147. “Jesus Christ is the greatest man in the history of the world. And to me, he’s the greatest person in the history of mankind and the universe. We can’t prove it, I can’t put it in a test tube or in an astronomical formula, but by faith I believe it because the Bible teaches it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
148. “Even when life may be difficult, we should thank God for all He does for us-which we do not deserve.” ~ (Billy Graham).
149. “Many invest wisely in business matters, but fail to invest time and interest in their most valued possessions: their spouses and children.” ~ (Billy Graham).
150. “We should ask ourselves three questions before we speak: Is it true? Is it kind? Does it glorify Christ?” ~ (Billy Graham).
151. “The great comfort in knowing that angels minister to believers in Christ is that God Himself sends them to us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
152. “Faith implies four things: self-renunciation, reliance with utter confidence on Christ, obedience, and a changed life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
153. “Prayer is speaking to God – but sometimes He uses our times of prayerful silence to speak to us in return.” ~ (Billy Graham).
154. “Prayers have no boundaries. They can leap miles and continents and be translated instantly into any language.” ~ (Billy Graham).
155. “Christ demands first place. There’s no room on the throne of your heart for two gods.” ~ (Billy Graham).
156. “Some of the greatest spiritual revivals in the past occurred just when the situation seemed to be the darkest. In the history of our own nation, for example, countless thousands turned to Christ during the darkest days of the Civil War, setting the stage for national reconciliation later on.” ~ (Billy Graham).
157. “When we come to Christ, we’re no longer the most important person in the world to us; Christ is. Instead of living only for ourselves, we have a higher goal: to live for Jesus.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Motivational Billy Graham Quotes
158. “One of the greatest priorities of the church today is to mobilize the laity to do the work of evangelism.” ~ (Billy Graham).
159. “So when you sense a still, small voice in your soul – and you have or you will – it is the Holy Spirit of God telling you that you’re not right with Him. Do not ignore the Voice. God is drawing you by His love – don’t pull away. When you quench the fire of conviction, you have rejected the Holy Spirit. So when you feel that tug, do not resist. Take hold of the living Christ, who will come and dwell in you.” ~ (Billy Graham).
160. “I’m the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour.” ~ (Billy Graham).
161. “When tragedy strikes, no one is fully prepared to deal effectively with all the responsibilitie s, emotional trauma, and grief that begin to impact people. Our Rapid Response Team exists so that people can find the care and comfort of Jesus Christ in the midst of tragedy.” ~ (Billy Graham).
162. “Embracing conflict can be a joy when we know that irritation and frustration can lead to growth and the re-engergizing of ourselves and others. Hot heads and cold hearts never solved anything.” ~ (Billy Graham).
163. “Jesus was not a white man; He was not a black man. He came from that part of the world that touches Africa and Asia and Europe. Christianity is not a white man’s religion and don’t let anybody ever tell you that it’s white or black. Christ belongs to all people; He belongs to the whole world.” ~ (Billy Graham).
164. “Once you’ve lost your privacy, you realize you’ve lost an extremely valuable thing.” ~ (Billy Graham).
165. “Churchgoers are like coals in a fire. When they cling together, they keep the flame aglow; when they separate, they die out.” ~ (Billy Graham).
166. “Learn to commit every situation to God, and trust Him for the outcome. God’s love for you never changes, no matter what problems you face or how unsettled life becomes.” ~ (Billy Graham).
167. “Man has always been dexterous at confusing evil with good. That was Adam’s and Eve’s problem, and it is our problem today. If evil were not made to appear attractive, there would be no such thing as temptation.” ~ (Billy Graham).
168. “Avail yourself of the greatest privilege this side of heaven. Jesus Christ died to make this communion and communication with the Father possible.” ~ (Billy Graham).
169. “Jesus used the carefree attitude of the birds to underscore the fact that worrying is unnatural. I am learning in my own life, day by day, to keep my mind centered on Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
170. “I have never known anyone to accept Christ’s redemption and later regret it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
171. “Envy and greed starve on a steady diet of thanksgiving.” ~ (Billy Graham).
172. “Yes, Satan is real, but so is Christ, and someday Satan will be defeated and Christ will rule forever. Don’t be deceived, but open your heart and mind to Jesus Christ, and put your life into His hands.” ~ (Billy Graham).
173. “I want people to remember me that I was faithful, faithful to the gospel, faithful to the call that God gave me. And when I get to heaven, I’m going to ask him why he called me, because I was much used to milking cows and working on the farm than I was preaching.” ~ (Billy Graham).
174. “I can tell you that God is alive because I talked to him this morning.” ~ (Billy Graham).
175. “I am convinced that only when a man is prepared to die is he also prepared to live.” ~ (Billy Graham).
176. “I think that the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin, but the Bible also teaches that pride is a sin, jealousy is a sin, and hate is a sin, evil thoughts are a sin. So I don’t think that homosexuality should be chosen as the overwhelming sin that we are doing today.” ~ (Billy Graham).
177. “Either communism must die or Christianity must die because it’s actually a battle between Christ and Anti-Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
178. “The hope we have in Christ is an absolute certainty. We can be sure that the place Christ is preparing for us will be ready when we arrive, because with Him nothing is left to chance. Everything He promised He will deliver.” ~ (Billy Graham).
179. “Our world is constantly changing but the needs of our hearts remain the same, and so does God’s power to transform our lives and give us hope for the future.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Powerful Billy Graham Quotes
180. “We do not understand the intricate pattern of the stars in their courses, but we know that He who created them does, and that just as surely as He guides them, He is charting a safe course for us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
181. “Self-centered indulgence, pride and a lack of shame over sin are now emblems of the American lifestyle.” ~ (Billy Graham).
182. “Living for Christ is a day-to-day going on with Him. It is a continuous dependence upon the Spirit of God. It is believing in His faithfulness.” ~ (Billy Graham).
183. “Prayer is the rope that pulls God and man together. But, it doesn’t pull God down to us: It pulls us up to Him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
184. “A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.” ~ (Billy Graham).
185. “Whatever you love most, be it sports, pleasure, business or God, that is your god!” ~ (Billy Graham).
186. “The happiness for which our souls ache is one undisturbed by success or failure, one which will root deeply inside us and give inward relaxation, peace, and contentment, no matter what the surface problems may be. That kind of happiness stands in need on no outward stimulus.” ~ (Billy Graham).
187. “The secret of a happy home is that members of the family learn to give and receive love.” ~ (Billy Graham).
188. “Most of us follow our conscience as we follow a wheelbarrow. We push it in front of us in the direction we want to go.” ~ (Billy Graham).
189. “Just because the truth is unpopular doesn’t mean that it should not be proclaimed.” ~ (Billy Graham).
190. “Right is right, and wrong is wrong, in small things as well as in big things.” ~ (Billy Graham).
191. “In my travels I have found that those who keep Heaven in view remain serene and cheerful in the darkest day. If the glories of Heaven were more real to us, if we lived less for material things and more for things eternal and spiritual, we would be less easily disturbed by this present life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
192. “It is not the body’s posture, but the heart’s attitude that counts when we pray.” ~ (Billy Graham).
193. “If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
194. “I used to read five psalms every day – that teaches me how to get along with God. Then I read a chapter of Proverbs every day and that teaches me how to get along with my fellow man.” ~ (Billy Graham).
195. “Like Joseph storing up grain during the years of plenty to be used during the years of famine that lay ahead, may we store up the truths of God’s Word in our hearts as much as possible, so that we are prepared for whatever suffering we are called upon to endure.” ~ (Billy Graham).
196. “Prayer should not be merely an act, but an attitude of life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
197. “God will never send anybody to hell. If man goes to hell, he goes by his own free choice.” ~ (Billy Graham).
198. “The time has come for all evangelists to practice full financial disclosure. The world is watching how we walk and how we talk. We must have the highest standards of morality, ethics and integrity if we are to continue to have influence.” ~ (Billy Graham).
199. “Life is a glorious opportunity, if it is used to condition us for eternity. If we fail in this, though we succeed in everything else, our life will have been a failure.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Spiritual Billy Graham Quotes
200. “No matter how hard we try words simply cannot express the horror, the shock, and the revulsion we all feel over what took place in this nation on Tuesday morning. September 11 will go down in our history as a day to remember.” ~ (Billy Graham).
201. “The most thrilling thing about heaven is that Jesus Christ will be there. I will see Him face to face. Jesus Christ will meet us at the end of life’s journey.” ~ (Billy Graham).
202. “Old age may have its limitations and challenges, but in spite of them, our latter years can be some of the most rewarding and fulfilling of our lives.” ~ (Billy Graham).
203. “The resurrection blasts apart the finality of death, providing an alternative to the stifling, settling dust of death and opens the way to new life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
204. “Please join me in praying for America, that we will turn our hearts back toward God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
205. “Christianity is not a spectator sport. It’s something in which we become totally involved.” ~ (Billy Graham).
206. “Sin was conquered on the cross. Christ’s death is the foundation of our hope, the promise of our triumph.” ~ (Billy Graham).
207. “Being judgmental and condemning is not one of the gifts of the Spirit.” ~ (Billy Graham).
208. “Every year during their High Holy Days, the Jewish community reminds us all of our need for repentance and forgiveness.” ~ (Billy Graham).
209. “Like a spring of pure water, God’s peace in our hearts brings cleansing and refreshment to our minds and bodies.” ~ (Billy Graham).
210. “A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable.” ~ (Billy Graham).
211. “Prayer is spiritual communication between man and God, a two-way relationship in which man should not only talk to God but also listen to Him. Prayer to God is like a child’s conversation with his father. It is natural for a child to ask his father for the things he needs.” ~ (Billy Graham).
212. “Kindness is an essential part of Gods work and ours here on earth.” ~ (Billy Graham).
213. “Christ did not suffer and die to offer cheap grace. Jesus did not go willingly to the cross so we could have an easy life or offer a faith built on easy-believism. As someone once said, ‘Salvation is free, but not cheap.’ It cost Jesus His life.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Wise Billy Graham Quotes
214. “I am convinced the greatest act of love we can ever perform for people is to tell them about God’s love for them in Christ.” ~ (Billy Graham).
215. “Even if we may not always understand why God allows certain things to happen to us, we can know He is able to bring good out of evil, and triumph out of suffering.” ~ (Billy Graham).
216. “When we grieve over someone who has died in Christ, we are sorrowing not for them, but for ourselves. Our grief isn’t a sign of weak faith, but of great love.” ~ (Billy Graham).
217. “The Bible is clear – God’s definition of marriage is between a man and a woman.” ~ (Billy Graham).
218. “Give your life to Christ, he’ll challenge you.” ~ (Billy Graham).
219. “On our knees we are the most powerful force on earth.” ~ (Billy Graham).
220. “It could be that one of the greatest hindrances to evangelism is the poverty of our own experience.” ~ (Billy Graham).
221. “Before prayer changes others, it first changes us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
222. “A spirit of thankfulness is one of the most distinctive marks of a Christian whose heart is attuned to the Lord. Thank God in the midst of trials and every persecution.” ~ (Billy Graham).
223. “Some of us want the crown before the cross.” ~ (Billy Graham).
224. “Salvation is an act of God. It is initiated by God, wrought by God, and sustained by God.” ~ (Billy Graham).
225. “The greatest need in the world at this moment is the transformation of human nature.” ~ (Billy Graham).
226. “Only those who want everything done for them are bored.” ~ (Billy Graham).
227. “Joy cannot be pursued. It comes from within. It is a state of being. It does not depend on circumstances, but triumphs over circumstances. It produces a gentleness of spirit and a magnetic personality.” ~ (Billy Graham).
228. “Man has no ability to repair this damaged planet. The flaw in human nature is too great. God is our only hope!” ~ (Billy Graham).
229. “God undertook the most dramatic rescue operation in cosmic history. He determined to save the human race from self-destruction, and He sent His Son Jesus Christ to salvage and redeem them. The work of man’s redemption was accomplished at the cross.” ~ (Billy Graham).
230. “The angels minister to God’s servants in time of hardship and danger.” ~ (Billy Graham).
231. “Death is robbed of much of its terror for the true believer.” ~ (Billy Graham).
232. “The family should be a closely knit group. The home should be a self-contained shelter of security; a kind of school where life’s basic lessons are taught; and a kind of church where God is honored; a place where wholesome recreation and simple pleasures are enjoyed.” ~ (Billy Graham).
232. “The cross is offensive because it directly confronts the evils which dominate so much of this world.” ~ (Billy Graham).
Popular Billy Graham Quotes
233. “If you could work your way to heaven, you would said look what I did, I got myself here by my good works. The only way you are going to make it is to come to that Cross.” ~ (Billy Graham).
234. “We can change the course of events if we go to our knees in believing prayer.” ~ (Billy Graham).
235. “I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.” ~ (Billy Graham).
236. “True greatness is not measured by the headlines a person commands or the wealth he or she accumulates. The inner character of a person-the undergirding moral and spiritual values and commitments-is the true measure of lasting greatness.” ~ (Billy Graham).
237. “Men change, fashions change, conditions and circumstances change, but God never changes.” ~ (Billy Graham).
238. “Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer’s year. It brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul.” ~ (Billy Graham).
239. “There comes a moment when we all must realize that life is short, and in the end the only thing that really counts is not how others see us, but how God sees us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
240. “God knows what we are going through when we grieve, and He wants to assure us of His love and concern. He also wants us to turn to Him and bring our heartaches and burdens to Him.” ~ (Billy Graham).
241. “Grief’s darkness fades in the sunlight of thanksgiving.” ~ (Billy Graham).
242. “Ask God to show you His plans, not bless your dreams.” ~ (Billy Graham).
243. “Life itself, every bit of health that we enjoy, every hour of liberty and free enjoyment, the ability to see, to hear, to speak, to think, and to imagine- all this comes from the hand of God. We show our gratitude by giving back to Him a part of that which He has given to us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
244. “The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.” ~ (Billy Graham).
245. “The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.” ~ (Billy Graham).
246. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” ~ (Billy Graham).
247. “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.” ~ (Billy Graham).
248. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’” ~ (Billy Graham).