Rajneesh was an Indian godman, mystic, and creator of the Rajneesh movement. He was also known as Acharya Rajneesh, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, and later as Osho.
He was a well-known speaker and communicator who later became a guru and a meditation teacher in the late twentieth century.
We have listed some of the popular quotes from Osho for you.
Inspirational Osho Quotes on Love, Life, Fear & Happiness
1. “Respect life, revere life. There is nothing more holy than life, nothing more divine than life.” ~ (Osho).
2. “Be – don’t try to become.” ~ (Osho).
3. “When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem.” ~ (Osho).
4. “Courage is a love affair with the unknown.” ~ (Osho).
5. “Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed – borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.” ~ (Osho).
6. “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.” ~ (Osho).
7. “Be realistic: plan for a miracle.” ~ (Osho).
8. “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.” ~ (Osho).
9. “The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.” ~ (Osho).
10. “Experience life in all possible ways – good, bad, bitter-sweet, dark, light, summer, winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” ~ (Osho).
Popular Osho Quotes
11. “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” ~ (Osho).
12. “One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: Life is really a great cosmic laughter.” ~ (Osho).
13. “Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.” ~ (Osho).
14. “Nobody has the power to take two steps together; you can take only one step at a time.” ~ (Osho).
15. “Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.” ~ (Osho).
16. “Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I. I have to contribute my potential to life; you have to contribute your potential to life. I have to discover my own being; you have to discover your own being.” ~ (Osho).
17. “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.” ~ (Osho).
18. “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.” ~ (Osho).
Top Osho Quotes
19. “Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” ~ (Osho).
20. “Love is the goal, life is the journey.” ~ (Osho).
21. “No thought, no mind, no choice – just being silent, rooted in yourself.” ~ (Osho).
22. “My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.” ~ (Osho).
23. “I live my life based on two principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.” ~ (Osho).
24. “To avoid pain, they avoid pleasure. To avoid death, they avoid life.” ~ (Osho).
25. “Intelligence is dangerous. Intelligence means you will start thinking on your own; you will start looking around on your own. You will not believe in the scriptures; you will believe only in your own experience.” ~ (Osho).
26. “Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.” ~ (Osho).
27. “You feel good, you feel bad, and these feelings are bubbling from your own unconsciousness, from your own past. Nobody is responsible except you. Nobody can make you angry, and nobody can make you happy.” ~ (Osho).
28. “Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue.” ~ (Osho).
29. “In love the other is important; in lust you are important.” ~ (Osho).
30. “In the space of no-mind, truth descends like light.” ~ (Osho).
Famous Osho Quotes
31. “Be less of a judge and you will be surprised that when you become a witness and you don’t judge yourself, you stop judging others too. And that makes you more human, more compassionate, more understanding.” ~ (Osho).
32. “All that is great cannot be possessed – and that is one of the most foolish things man goes on doing. We want to possess.” ~ (Osho).
33. “Wherever you feel death, feel it. Don’t escape. Death is beautiful; death is the greatest mystery, more mysterious than life. Through life you can gain the world, the futile world- meaningless, worthless. Through death you can gain the eternal. Death is the door.” ~ (Osho).
34. “There exists no God. What exists is godliness, and that godliness surrounds you. We are all in the same ocean.” ~ (Osho).
35. “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is in your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.” ~ (Osho).
36. “With me, illusions are bound to be shattered. I am here to shatter all illusions. Yes, it will irritate you, it will annoy you – that’s my way of functioning and working. I will sabotage you from your very roots! Unless you are totally destroyed as a mind, there is no hope for you.” ~ (Osho).
37. “Love is not a relationship, love is a state of being; it has nothing to do with anybody else. One is not “in love”, one is love. And of course when one is love, one is in love – but that is an outcome, a by-product, that is not the source. The source is that one is love.” ~ (Osho).
38. “Only a blind man can easily define what light is. When you do not know, you are bold. Ignorance is always bold; knowledge hesitates. And the more you know, the more you feel that the ground underneath is dissolving. The more you know, the more you feel how ignorant you are.” ~ (Osho).
39. “Fame is foolish, it is pointless, meaningless. Even if the whole world knows you, how does it make you richer? How does it make your life more blissful? How does it help you to be more understanding, to be more aware? To be more alert, to be more alive?” ~ (Osho).
40. “You don’t want to lose your old friend – the misery – You have invested too much into false – Hence the fear to be exposed -to be true – to be naked as you are.” ~ (Osho).
Short Osho Quotes
41. “People say love is blind because they do not know what love is. I say unto you, only love has eyes; other than love, everything is blind.” ~ (Osho).
42. “You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.” ~ (Osho).
43. “Love the person, but give the person total freedom. Love the person, but from the very beginning make it clear that you are not selling your freedom.” ~ (Osho).
44. “It is beautiful to be alone, it is also beautiful to be in love, to be with people. And they are complementary, not contradictory.” ~ (Osho).
45. “Be a lotus flower. Be in the water, and do not let the water touch you.” ~ (Osho).
46. “Don’t try to understand life. Live it! Don’t try to understand love. Move into love. Then you will know and that knowing will come out of your experiencing.” ~ (Osho).
Best Osho Quotes
47. “A comfortable, convenient life is not a real life – the more comfortable, the less alive. The most comfortable life is in the grave.” ~ (Osho).
48. “Life begins where fear ends.” ~ (Osho).
49. “Become alert. Relationship destroys love, destroys the very possibility of its birth.” ~ (Osho).
50. “Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.” ~ (Osho).
51. “Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.” ~ (Osho).
You Might Like
- Julius Caesar Quotes
- Carl Sagan Quotes
- Fred Hampton Quotes
- Aristotle Quotes
- Steven Furtick Quotes
- Roberto Clemente Quotes
- Simon Sinek Quotes
- Robin Sharma Quotes
- Douglas Adams Quotes
- Swami Vivekanand Quotes