Rūmī, also known as Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī and Mawlānā, was a prominent Sufi mystic and poet who wrote in Persian, with significant influences from other languages.
Born in 1207 in Balkh, he later relocated to Konya due to potential Mongol threats or political disputes.
Rūmī’s poetic prowess was largely shaped by his profound relationships, especially with the dervish Shams al-Dīn.
Their deep bond and Shams’ mysterious disappearance greatly influenced Rūmī’s poetry. His major works include the Mas̄navī-yi Maʿnavī and Dīvān-e Shams.
His universal themes and expressive style gained global recognition, with significant impacts in the Muslim world and beyond.
After Rūmī’s passing, his teachings continued through the Mawlawiyyah order, known for the Whirling Dervishes ritual.
I’ve collected a selection of some of Rumi’s most famous quotations.
Best Rumi Quotes on Positivity, Life, Nature, Love & Happiness
Life is a balance of holding on and letting go. ~ Rumi
1. “What you seek is seeking you.” ~ (Rumi).
2. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” ~ (Rumi).
3. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ (Rumi).
4. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.” ~ (Rumi).
5. “Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.” ~ (Rumi).
6. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?” ~ (Rumi).
7. “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” ~ (Rumi).
8. “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.” ~ (Rumi).
9. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” ~ (Rumi).
10. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ~ (Rumi).
11. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ~ (Rumi).
12. “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.” ~ (Rumi).
13. “You’ve seen my descent, now watch my rising.” ~ (Rumi).
14. “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love, you are.” ~ (Rumi).
15. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ~ (Rumi).
16. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you?” ~ (Rumi).
17. “Keep silent, because the world of silence is a vast fullness.” ~ (Rumi).
18. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” ~ (Rumi).
19. “When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.” ~ (Rumi).
20. “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.” ~ (Rumi).
21. “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.” ~ (Rumi).
22. “When setting out on a journey do not seek advice from someone who never left home.” ~ (Rumi).
23. “I am not this hair. I am not this skin. I am the soul that lives within.” ~ (Rumi).
24. “The cure for pain is in the pain.” ~ (Rumi).
25. “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.” ~ (Rumi).
26. “Don’t be sad! Because God sends hope in the most desperate moments. Don’t forget, the heaviest rain comes out of the darkest clouds.” ~ (Rumi).
27. “I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you, all else melted away.” ~ (Rumi).
28. “I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.” ~ (Rumi).
29. “Open your Eyes, for this world is only a Dream.” ~ (Rumi).
30. “Look for the answer inside your question.” ~ (Rumi).
31. “As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.” ~ (Rumi).
32. “Speak a new language so that the world will be a new world.” ~ (Rumi).
33. “Move, but don’t move the way fear makes you move.” ~ (Rumi).
34. “To Love is to reach God.” ~ (Rumi).
35. “Tear off the mask. Your face is glorious.” ~ (Rumi).
36. “Your light is more magnificent than sunrise or sunset.” ~ (Rumi).
37. “I grow silent. Dear soul, you speak.” ~ (Rumi).
38. “Doing as others told me, I was Blind. Coming when others called me, I was Lost. Then I left everyone, myself as well. Then I found Everyone, Myself as well.” ~ (Rumi).
39. “In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion.” ~ (Rumi).
40. “Whatever happens, just keep smiling and lose yourself in Love.” ~ (Rumi).
41. “In your light, I learn how to love.” ~ (Rumi).
42. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.” ~ (Rumi).
43. “What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.” ~ (Rumi).
44. “The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.” ~ (Rumi).
Top Rumi Quotes
45. “All is known in the sacredness of silence.” ~ (Rumi).
46. “Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.” ~ (Rumi).
47. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about.” ~ (Rumi).
48. “Not the ones speaking the same language, but the ones sharing the same feeling understand each other.” ~ (Rumi).
49. “Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” ~ (Rumi).
50. “Be silent, Only the Hand of God Can remove The burdens of your heart.” ~ (Rumi).
51. “I am so mad with love that madmen say to me – be still!” ~ (Rumi).
52. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ~ (Rumi).
53. “Fasting is the first principle of medicine; fast and see the strength of the spirit reveal itself.” ~ (Rumi).
54. “At night, I open the window and ask the moon to come and press its face against mine. Breathe into me. Close the language door and open the love window. The moon won’t use the door, only the window.” ~ (Rumi).
55. “Dance, and make joyous the love around you. Dance, and your veils which hide the Light shall swirl in a heap at your feet.” ~ (Rumi).
56. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.” ~ (Rumi).
57. “Here is a relationship booster that is guaranteed to work: Every time your spouse or lover says something stupid make your eyes light up as if you just heard something brilliant.” ~ (Rumi).
58. “Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn’t matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” ~ (Rumi).
59. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” ~ (Rumi).
60. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’d ever imagined. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ (Rumi).
61. “Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.” ~ (Rumi).
62. “I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God.” ~ (Rumi).
63. “Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure.” ~ (Rumi).
64. “Study me as much as you like, you will not know me, for I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see.” ~ (Rumi).
65. “Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.” ~ (Rumi).
66. “Silence is an ocean. Speech is a river. When the ocean is searching for you, don’t walk into the river. Listen to the ocean.” ~ (Rumi).
67. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.” ~ (Rumi).
68. “The desire to know your own soul will end all other desires.” ~ (Rumi).
69. “Let the beauty of what you love, be what you do.” ~ (Rumi).
70. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?” ~ (Rumi).
71. “You are not just the drop in the ocean. You are the mighty ocean in the drop.” ~ (Rumi).
72. “Close your eyes, fall in Love, stay there.” ~ (Rumi).
73. “And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?” ~ (Rumi).
74. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” ~ (Rumi).
75. “The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you Don’t go back to sleep! You must ask for what you really want. Don’t go back to sleep! People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch, The door is round and open Don’t go back to sleep!” ~ (Rumi).
76. “There is a field beyond all notions of right and wrong. Come, meet me there.” ~ (Rumi).
77. “Listen with ears of tolerance! See-through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love.” ~ (Rumi).
78. “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.” ~ (Rumi).
79. “Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place.” ~ (Rumi).
80. “I belong to no religion. My religion is love. Every heart is my temple.” ~ (Rumi).
81. “Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought! Why do you stay in prison When the door is so wide open?” ~ (Rumi).
82. “I learned that every mortal will taste death. But only some will taste life.” ~ (Rumi).
83. “This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” ~ (Rumi).
84. “There cannot be self-restraint in the absence of desire: when there is no adversary, what avails thy courage? Hark, do not castrate thyself, do not become a monk: chastity depends on the existence of lust.” ~ (Rumi).
85. “Live life as if it’s rigged in your favor.” ~ (Rumi).
86. “Shine like the whole universe is yours.” ~ (Rumi).
87. “All your anxiety is because of your desire for harmony. Seek disharmony, then you will gain peace.” ~ (Rumi).
88. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love. In the depths there is a spring with all the water your heart is thirsty for.” ~ (Rumi).
89. “In the silence of LOVE, you will find the Spark of LIFE.” ~ (Rumi).
90. “Try something different. Surrender.” ~ (Rumi).
91. “You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them and fly.” ~ (Rumi).
92. “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” ~ (Rumi).
93. “When I am silent, I fall into the place where everything is music.” ~ (Rumi).
94. “I looked for God. I went to a temple and I didn’t find him there. Then I went to a church and I didn’t find him there. Then I went to a mosque and I didn’t find him there. Then finally I looked in my heart and there he was.” ~ (Rumi).
95. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” ~ (Rumi).
96. “The truth was a mirror in the hands of God. It fell, and broke into pieces. Everybody took a piece of it, and they looked at it and thought they had the truth.” ~ (Rumi).
97. “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” ~ (Rumi).
98. “Greed makes man blind and foolish, and makes him an easy prey for death.” ~ (Rumi).
99. “There is hope after despair and many suns after darkness.” ~ (Rumi).
100. “If you only say one prayer in a day make it Thank You.” ~ (Rumi).
101. “Wisdom is like the rain. Its source is limitless, but it comes down according to the season.” ~ (Rumi).
102. “Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.” ~ (Rumi).
103. “The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire. Your essence is gold hidden in dust. To reveal its splendor you need to burn in the fire of love.” ~ (Rumi).
104. “At the end of my life, with just one breath left, if you come, I’ll sit up and sing.” ~ (Rumi).
105. “The angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. Between the two remains the son of man to struggle.” ~ (Rumi).
106. “Let go of your mind and then be mindful. Close your ears and listen!” ~ (Rumi).
107. “A heart filled with love is like a phoenix that no cage can imprison.” ~ (Rumi).
108. “If you love someone, you are always joined with them – in joy, in absence, in solitude, in strife.” ~ (Rumi).
109. “The middle path is the way to wisdom.” ~ (Rumi).
110. “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.” ~ (Rumi).
Famous Rumi Quotes
111. “O Love, O pure deep Love, be here, be now, be all…” ~ (Rumi).
112. “My place is placeless, a trace of the traceless.” ~ (Rumi).
113. “Once the seed of faith takes root, it cannot be blown away, even by the strongest wind – Now that’s a blessing.” ~ (Rumi).
114. “If Your Eyes Are Opened, You’ll See The Things Worth Seeing.” ~ (Rumi).
115. “People of the world don’t look at themselves, and so they blame one another.” ~ (Rumi).
116. “Your longing for ME is my message to you, All your attempts to reach ME, Are in reality MY attempts to reach you.” ~ (Rumi).
117. “The chess master says nothing, other than moving the silent chess piece.” ~ (Rumi).
118. “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.” ~ (Rumi).
119. “Whatever purifies you is the right path, I will not try to define it.” ~ (Rumi).
120. “We are the mirror – As well as the face in it.” ~ (Rumi).
121. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you.” ~ (Rumi).
122. “We are born of love. Love is our mother.” ~ (Rumi).
123. “My soul is my guide, for my soul is of that abode. I will not speak of the earthly. I am of the unknown.” ~ (Rumi).
124. “There is a way between voice and presence, where information flows. In disciplined silence it opens; with wandering talk it closes.” ~ (Rumi).
125. “Those doing soul work, who want the searing truth more than solace or applause, know each other right away. Those who want something else turn and take a seat in another room. Soul-makers find each other’s company.” ~ (Rumi).
126. “There is no Love greater than Love with no object. For then you, yourself, have become love, itself.” ~ (Rumi).
127. “Nothing can nourish the SOUL but LIGHT.” ~ (Rumi).
128. “I died as a mineral and became a plant, I died as a plant and rose to animal, I died as an animal and I was Man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?” ~ (Rumi).
129. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” ~ (Rumi).
130. “Because I cannot sleep I make music in the night.” ~ (Rumi).
131. “That’s how you came here, like a star without a name. Move across the night sky with those anonymous lights.” ~ (Rumi).
132. “Inside the Great Mystery that is, we don’t really own anything. What is this competition we feel then, before we go, one at a time, through the same gate?” ~ (Rumi).
133. “Light up the fire of love inside and blaze the thoughts away.” ~ (Rumi).
134. “I went inside my heart to see how it was. Something there makes me hear the whole world weeping.” ~ (Rumi).
135. “Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave ’til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know.” ~ (Rumi).
136. “Purify your eyes, and see the pure world. Your life will fill with radiant forms.” ~ (Rumi).
137. “Silence gives answers.” ~ (Rumi).
138. “Life is the balance of holding on and letting go.” ~ (Rumi).
139. “Heart be brave. If you cannot be brave, just go. Love’s glory is not a small thing.” ~ (Rumi).
140. “You have been a prisoner of a little pond I am the ocean and its turbulent flood Come merge with me leave this world of ignorance.” ~ (Rumi).
141. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ~ (Rumi).
142. “Whether you love God or you love a human being, if you love enough you will come into the presence of Love itself.” ~ (Rumi).
143. “Open your arms if you want the Beloved’s embrace.” ~ (Rumi).
144. “You may learn to imitate a birdcall, but do you experience what the nightingale feels for the rose?” ~ (Rumi).
145. “Whatever pearl you seek, look for the pearl within the pearl!” ~ (Rumi).
146. “I Wish I Could Give You A Taste Of The Burning Fire Of Love. There Is A Fire Blazing Inside Of Me. If I Cry About It, Or If I Don’t, The Fire Is At Work, Night And Day.” ~ (Rumi).
147. “There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.” ~ (Rumi).
148. “All loves are a bridge to Divine love. Yet, those who have not had a taste of it do not know!” ~ (Rumi).
149. “If you wish to be a mine of jewels, open the deep ocean within your heart.” ~ (Rumi).
150. “There’s no one with intelligence in this town except that man over there playing with the children, the one riding the stick horse. He has keen, fiery insight and vast dignity like the night sky, but he conceals it in the madness of child’s play.” ~ (Rumi).
151. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” ~ (Rumi).
152. “When we practice loving kindness and compassion we are the first ones to profit.” ~ (Rumi).
153. “Speak any language, Turkish, Greek, Persian, Arabic, but always speak with love.” ~ (Rumi).
154. “Through love, all pain will turn to medicine.” ~ (Rumi).
155. “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion. Bewilderment brings intuitive knowledge.” ~ (Rumi).
156. “Appear as you are, Be as you appear.” ~ (Rumi).
157. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.” ~ (Rumi).
158. “Our death is our wedding with eternity.” ~ (Rumi).
159. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” ~ (Rumi).
160. “You show your worth by what you seek.” ~ (Rumi).
161. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” ~ (Rumi).
162. “Don’t sit and wait. Get out there, feel life. Touch the sun, and immerse in the sea.” ~ (Rumi).
163. “You have escaped the cage. Your wings are stretched out. Now fly.” ~ (Rumi).
164. “Your worst enemy is hiding within yourself, and that enemy is your nafs or false ego.” ~ (Rumi).
165. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” ~ (Rumi).
166. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ (Rumi).
167. “Bring the pure wine of love and freedom. But sir, a tornado is coming. More wine, we’ll teach this storm A thing or two about whirling.” ~ (Rumi).
168. “You are the soul of the soul of the universe, and your name is Love.” ~ (Rumi).
169. “If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.” ~ (Rumi).
170. “Be patient where you sit in the dark. The dawn is coming.” ~ (Rumi).
171. “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” ~ (Rumi).
172. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” ~ (Rumi).
173. “This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. Welcome and entertain them all!” ~ (Rumi).
174. “There is nothing outside of yourself, look within. Everything you want is there. You are That.” ~ (Rumi).
175. “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” ~ (Rumi).
176. “I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I’ve been knocking from the inside.” ~ (Rumi).
177. “Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.” ~ (Rumi).
178. “Whenever you are alone, remind yourself that God has sent everyone else away so that there is only you and Him.” ~ (Rumi).
179. “Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.” ~ (Rumi).
180. “If Light Is In Your Heart You Will Find Your Way Home.” ~ (Rumi).
181. “There is a King Who is aware of every Mask you put on.” ~ (Rumi).
182. “Never lose hope, my heart, miracles dwell in the invisible. If the whole world turns against you keep your eyes on the Friend.” ~ (Rumi).
183. “Be motivated like the falcon, hunt gloriously. Be magnificent as the leopard, fight to win. Spend less time with nightingales and peacocks. One is all talk, the other only color.” ~ (Rumi).
184. “Only the soul knows what love is.” ~ (Rumi).
185. “There is one way of breathing that is shameful and constricted. Then, there’s another way: a breath of love that takes you all the way to infinity.” ~ (Rumi).
186. “In order to understand the dance one must be still. And in order to truly understand stillness one must dance.” ~ (Rumi).
187. “Knock, And He’ll open the door Vanish, And He’ll make you shine like the sun Fall, And He’ll raise you to the heavens Become nothing, And He’ll turn you into everything.” ~ (Rumi).
188. “Stop learning. Start knowing.” ~ (Rumi).
189. “Lovely days don’t come to you, you should walk to them.” ~ (Rumi).
Inspiring Rumi Quotes
190. “Inside you, there’s an artist you don’t know about.” ~ (Rumi).
191. “When you feel a peaceful joy, that’s when you are near truth.” ~ (Rumi).
192. “The lamps are different, but the Light is the same. One matter, one energy, one Light, one Light-mind, endlessly emanating all things.” ~ (Rumi).
193. “Its good to leave each day behind, like flowing water, free of sadness. Yesterday is gone and its tale told. Today new seeds are growing.” ~ (Rumi).
194. “Those who don’t want to change, let them sleep.” ~ (Rumi).
195. “Your body is away from me, but there is a window open from my heart to yours.” ~ (Rumi).
196. “With life as short as a half-taken breath, don’t plant anything but love.” ~ (Rumi).
197. “I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.” ~ (Rumi).
198. “Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?” ~ (Rumi).
199. “There is a place where words are born of silence.” ~ (Rumi).
200. “Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.” ~ (Rumi).
201. “The intelligent desire self-control; children want candy.” ~ (Rumi).
202. “Don’t you know yet? It is your Light that lights the worlds.” ~ (Rumi).
203. “Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven.” ~ (Rumi).
204. “Let silence take you to the core of life.” ~ (Rumi).
205. “I looked in temples churches and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart.” ~ (Rumi).
206. “What comes, will go. What is found, will be lost again. But what you are is beyond coming and going and beyond description.” ~ (Rumi).
207. “Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself…” ~ (Rumi).
208. “Suffering is a gift; in its hidden mercy.” ~ (Rumi).
Rumi Quotes for Motivation
209. “The Earth turns to Gold, in the hands of the wise.” ~ (Rumi).
210. “With passion pray. With passion make love. With passion eat and drink and dance and play. Why look like a dead fish in this ocean of God?” ~ (Rumi).
211. “Be soulful. Be kind. Be in love.” ~ (Rumi).
212. “I am the servant of the Qur’an as long as I have life. I am the dust on the path of Muhammad, the Chosen One.” ~ (Rumi).
213. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.” ~ (Rumi).
214. “I was dead, then alive. Weeping, then laughing. The power of love came into me, and I became fierce like a lion, then tender like the evening star.” ~ (Rumi).
215. “Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our heart.” ~ (Rumi).
216. “Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. If not, leave this gathering. Half-heartedness doesn’t reach into majesty.” ~ (Rumi).
217. “Birds make great sky-circles of their freedom. How do they learn it? They fall and falling, they’re given wings.” ~ (Rumi).
218. “God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.” ~ (Rumi).
219. “The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.” ~ (Rumi).
220. “Work in the invisible world at least as hard as you do in the visible.” ~ (Rumi).
221. “Every moment I shape my destiny with a chisel – I am the carpenter of my own soul.” ~ (Rumi).
222. “We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.” ~ (Rumi).
223. “Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you.” ~ (Rumi).
224. “There’s courage involved if you want to become Truth.” ~ (Rumi).
225. “I saw many humans on whom there were no clothes. I saw many clothes in which there were no humans.” ~ (Rumi).
226. “Beyond the rightness or wrongness of things there is a field, I’ll meet you there.” ~ (Rumi).
227. “Whatever lifts the corners of your mouth, trust that.” ~ (Rumi).
228. “Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading. Take down the dulcimer. Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” ~ (Rumi).
229. “A Candle never Loses any of its Light while Lighting up another candle.” ~ (Rumi).
230. “The soul has been given its own ears to hear things mind does not understand.” ~ (Rumi).
231. “Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.” ~ (Rumi).
232. “Whatever you know, or don’t – only Love is real.” ~ (Rumi).
233. “Woman is the light of God.” ~ (Rumi).
234. “I lost everything I have, found myself.” ~ (Rumi).
235. “I am yours. Don’t give myself back to me.” ~ (Rumi).
236. “Before death takes away what you are given, give away what there is to give.” ~ (Rumi).
Short Rumi Quotes
237. “Remember, the entrance door to the sanctuary is inside you.” ~ (Rumi).
238. “Stay in the spiritual fire. Let it cook you.” ~ (Rumi).
239. “Both light and shadow are the dance of Love.” ~ (Rumi).
240. “The world is a mountain, in which your words are echoed back to you.” ~ (Rumi).
241. “By God, when you see your beauty you will be the idol of yourself.” ~ (Rumi).
242. “Happy is the moment we sit together, with two forms, with two faces, yet one soul. You and I.” ~ (Rumi).
243. “What strange beings we are! That sitting in hell at the bottom of the dark, we’re afraid of our own immortality.” ~ (Rumi).
244. “One of the marvels of the world: The sight of a soul sitting in prison with the key in its hand.” ~ (Rumi).
245. “Love is the energizing elixir of the Universe, the cause and effect of all Harmony.” ~ (Rumi).
246. “We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.” ~ (Rumi).
247. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of This Moment.” ~ (Rumi).
248. “The whole universe is contained within a single human being – you.” ~ (Rumi).
249. “Flow down and down in always widening rings of being.” ~ (Rumi).
250. “Listen, O drop, give yourself up without regret, and in exchange gain the Ocean.” ~ (Rumi).
251. “You are the root of heaven, the morning star, the bright moon, the house of endless Love.” ~ (Rumi).
252. “You have no need to travel anywhere – journey within yourself. Enter a mine of rubies and bathe in the splendor of your own light.” ~ (Rumi).
253. “Don’t look for Love, look for the one looking for Love.” ~ (Rumi).
254. “Fasting blinds the body in order to open the eyes of your soul.” ~ (Rumi).
255. “Hardship may dishearten at first, but every hardship passes away. All despair is followed by hope; all darkness is followed by sunshine.” ~ (Rumi).
256. “I come to YOU without ME, come to ME without YOU.” ~ (Rumi).
257. “Close both eyes to see with the other eye.” ~ (Rumi).
258. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” ~ (Rumi).
259. “Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your own being.” ~ (Rumi).
260. “All religions, all this singing, one song. The differences are just illusion and vanity. The sun’s light looks a little different on this wall than it does on that wall, and a lot different on this other one, but it’s still one light.” ~ (Rumi).
261. “If you are looking for a friend who is faultless, you will be friendless.” ~ (Rumi).
262. “If it is bread that you seek, you will have bread. If it is the soul you seek, you will find the soul. If you understand this secret, you know you are that which you seek.” ~ (Rumi).
263. “Love is the water of life, jump into this water.” ~ (Rumi).
264. “It is Love that holds everything together, and it is the everything also.” ~ (Rumi).
265. “Practice patience; it is the essence of praise. Have patience, for that is true worship. No other worship is worth as much. Have patience; patience is the key to all relief.” ~ (Rumi).
266. “Two there are who are never satisfied – the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” ~ (Rumi).
267. “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” ~ (Rumi).
268. “Keep walking, though there’s no place to get to. Don’t try to see through the distances. That’s not for human beings. Move within, But don’t move the way fear makes you move.” ~ (Rumi).
269. “Our purpose here on earth: to manifest the very nature of our spirit, which is touched by the spirit of God.” ~ (Rumi).
270. “What a Joy, to travel the way of the heart.” ~ (Rumi).
271. “Longing is the core of mystery. Longing itself brings the cure. The only rule is, suffer the pain. Your desires must be disciplined And what you want to happen in time, sacrificed.” ~ (Rumi).
272. “In the blackest of your moments, wait with no fear.” ~ (Rumi).
273. “Friendship of the wise is good; a wise enemy is better than a foolish friend.” ~ (Rumi).
274. “A pure heart, open to the Light, will be filled with the elixir of Truth.” ~ (Rumi).
275. “Sit, be still, and listen, because you’re drunk and we’re at the edge of the roof.” ~ (Rumi).
276. “My dear heart, never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, don’t harbor bad thoughts, do not gossip and don’t teach what you do not know.” ~ (Rumi).
277. “Is it really so that the one I love is everywhere?” ~ (Rumi).
278. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.” ~ (Rumi).
279. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” ~ (Rumi).
280. “Oh soul, you worry too much. You have seen your own strength. You have seen your own beauty. You have seen your golden wings. Of anything less, why do you worry? You are in truth the soul, of the soul, of the soul.” ~ (Rumi).
281. “A strange passion is moving in my head My heart has become a bird which searches in the sky. Every part of me goes in different directions. Is it really so that the one I love is Everywhere?” ~ (Rumi).
282. “Love has come to rule and transform; Stay awake, my heart, stay awake.” ~ (Rumi).
283. “A Breath of love can take you all the way to infinity.” ~ (Rumi).
284. “The one who has a good friend doesn’t need any mirror.” ~ (Rumi).
285. “Heart is a sea, language is the shore. Whatever is in a sea hits the shore.” ~ (Rumi).
286. “A woman is a mystery to guide a wise and open man.” ~ (Rumi).
287. “I can heal a broken heart with a smile.” ~ (Rumi).
288. “The very center of your heart is where life begins. The most beautiful place on earth.” ~ (Rumi).
289. “Where the lips are silent the heart has a thousand tongues.” ~ (Rumi).
290. “Behind every atom of this world hides an infinite Universe.” ~ (Rumi).
291. “Everything about yesterday has gone with yesterday. Today, it is needed to say new things.” ~ (Rumi).
292. “Lovers find secret places inside this violent world where they make transactions with beauty.” ~ (Rumi).
293. “Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it. Whoever has polished it more sees more – more unseen forms become manifest to him.” ~ (Rumi).
294. “Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up where you are.” ~ (Rumi).
295. “Let yourself become living poetry.” ~ (Rumi).
296. “Be drunk with Love, for Love is all that exists. Where is intimacy found if not in the give and take of Love.” ~ (Rumi).
297. “Whatever you lost through fate, be certain that it saved you from pain.” ~ (Rumi).
298. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love. Love alone is capable of revealing the truth of Love and being a Lover. The way of our prophets is the way of Truth. If you want to live, die in Love; die in Love if you want to remain alive.” ~ (Rumi).
299. “For only when faithfulness turns to betrayal And betrayal into trust Can any human being become part of the truth.” ~ (Rumi).
300. “You wander from room to room Hunting for the diamond necklace That is already around your neck!” ~ (Rumi).
301. “To love is human. To feel pain is human. Yet to still love despite the pain is pure angel.” ~ (Rumi).
So these are some of the top Rumi quotes to motivate and inspire you.