Salma Hayek is a famous actress and producer from Mexico.
Motivational Salma Hayek Quotes
1. “I have tried my whole life to represent my Mexican roots with honor and pride.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
2. “Life is about chasing after the things you think are truly worth it, even if they don’t happen, I’d rather have nothing but know I didn’t settle for something I didn’t want!” ~ (Salma Hayek).
3. “Life is tough; and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
4. “I believe that change keeps you young.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
5. “I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
6. “I was an illegal immigrant.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
7. “I don’t ever want to have to depend on anyone completely.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
8. “I proved to myself that if I believe in something and set my mind to it I could actually accomplish it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
9. “Beauty products always cheer me up and give me hope. If it makes you feel pretty, why not?” ~ (Salma Hayek).
10. “People often say that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder,’ and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Inspirational Salma Hayek Quotes
11. “I just love life. I’m excited about things in life. I think that if you’re excited about life, you are excited about waking up and doing things with your life every day.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
12. “And I highly recommend for all the women in the world, even if they’re 71, you can never take for granted that he loves you. It’s always good to flirt with him. It’s a great sport.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
13. “I think I’m very good at adjusting to anything and to any situation, and if you are good at being in the moment and adjusting, you can actually have a clear vision of what to do with things or how to do things.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
14. “Life is about creating new opportunities, not waiting for them to come to you.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
15. “I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
16. “I’m saving my sick days for when I’m feeling better.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
17. “I’ll tell you, there is nothing better in life than being a late bloomer. I believe that success can happen at any time and at any age.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
18. “Producing is hell, writing is frustrating, acting is really satisfying, directing is heaven.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
19. “You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you’re in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
20. “Try to figure out who you really are and not who you want other people to think you are.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Popular Salma Hayek Quotes
21. “My English was limited to vacationing and not really engaging with Americans. I knew ‘shopping’ and ‘eating’ English – I could say ‘blue sweater,’ ‘creme brulee,’ and ‘Caesar salad,’ – so I came here thinking I spoke English.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
22. “What is important is to believe in something so strongly that you’re never discouraged.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
23. “After doing a juice cleanse, I’m motivated to eat healthier and not emotionally. Cleansing is like my meditation. It makes me stop, focus and think about what I’m putting into my body. I’m making a commitment to my health and hitting the reset button.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
24. “Sometimes when we try to get outside of ourselves, to be like someone else, you miss out on so many beautiful things that you don’t know that you are because you’re looking at someone else.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
25. “I am so, so lucky. I am the luckiest girl in the world, really. And still with access to everything I could possibly want I still say ‘Oh dear, what am I going to wear today?’ There’s no ending to that question!” ~ (Salma Hayek).
26. “A mother is willing and capable of doing anything for her children. You can justify it if you do something for your children, especially as a Mexican mother. I don’t know about some other nationalities, but the Mexican mothers are like that. They will do anything for their children.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
27. “I love being a wife and homemaker – because it’s my choice. My husband doesn’t expect me to do it. I don’t mind doing things for him because he does so much for me; we both feel that way so there is no power struggle.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
28. “People always underestimate me. But if you stick around long enough, act out of conviction, and try to be honorable in everything you do, good things will come to you.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
29. “I have never denied my background or my culture. I have taught my child to embrace her Mexican heritage, to love my first language, Spanish, to learn about Mexican history, music, folk art, food, and even the Mexican candy I grew up with.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
30. “Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women – that somewhere along the line they’ll turn into a monster. That movie gave them a chance to watch it happen.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
31. “You can be a thousand different women. It’s your choice which one you want to be. It’s about freedom and sovereignty. You celebrate who you are. You say, ‘This is my kingdom.’” ~ (Salma Hayek).
32. “It’s very easy to feel someone’s pain when you love them.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
33. “In fighting for women, we fight for humanity. We fight for the future – for everyone.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
34. “Art and activism seem to go together naturally, the idea being that if you’re an entertainer, you can have a voice, and if you have a voice, you can make a difference. But if I were not an actress, I would still try to extend myself beyond my little micro-universe of my job, family and personal joy.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Top Salma Hayek Quotes
35. “No woman has to be a victim of physical abuse. Women have to feel like they are not alone.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
36. “I love to cook for my husband and daughter. I enjoy going to the market for fresh vegetables.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
37. “Don’t try to dress like me or wear your hair like mine. Find your own style.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
38. “People say we’re all identical, but Jennifer Lopez is an American. She’s from New York. She doesn’t have an accent. Some of these Latin people – their Spanish is pathetic. They learned it when they became famous as Latinos.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
39. “Being a mother is more exhausting than working, and sometimes I push myself too hard and burn myself out. I can appreciate how exhausting it must be for women who have to do everything themselves all the time.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
40. “If a man lets all of my dogs sleep in the bed with us, then that is the most romantic thing. You must love my dogs in order to love me. A man who is nice to my animals and doesn’t shoo them away – well, that’s the height of romance.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
41. “I’m not a skinny girl. I push it. I’m at the limit of chubbiness at all times, but I’m happy at all times.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
42. “When it is important for you to say something and you find a vehicle to say it, then go for it. It is so rare when that happens so I think every minute spent fighting for it is always worth it. Even if nothing ends up happening, it’s still worth the fight.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
43. “I don’t think we are the same, women and men. We’re different. But I don’t think we are less than men. There are more women than men in the world – ask any single woman! So, it is shocking that men are in more positions of power.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
44. “If you love food and you love red wine and they put you in France, you’re in a good place and you’re in a bad place at the same time. You have to weigh yourself every day, and you have to have an alarm number. When you get to that number, you have to start putting it in reverse.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
45. “I don’t want to be size zero and I’m glad I’m not.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
46. “If you’re feeling blue, lock yourself in a room, stand in front of a mirror, and dance – and laugh at yourself and be sexy. Dance the silliest and ugliest you’ve ever danced. Make fun of yourself and try to recover your sense of humor.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
47. “When I feel stressed, I turn to food for comfort, but I don’t like to diet and I’m not good at it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
48. “I want my little girl to tell me who she is so I can encourage her and not impose my desires for her on her life. I want her to dream big and to know that if she is willing to earn it, she can have anything – and become anything.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Famous Salma Hayek Quotes
49. “What worries me the most is that most men are so weak. Because of that they act like they don’t care and like machos – because they are too fragile inside. They’re scared of confrontation and afraid of so many things.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
50. “If you look at any other group of people suffering injustice, women are always in the worst situation within that group.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
51. “You want to do movies that your children can watch, and that your children can have fun at and enjoy the experience of shooting.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
52. “I believe eating well, and with people you love, is about feeding your body, heart, and soul – I used juicing to ensure I covered my nutritional bases every day, and as a tool to restore inner balance if my body needed a break from too much indulgence.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
53. “I think that it’s important for every single person, no matter what they do in life, to participate in the well-being of humanity and the planet. Don’t let a year go by knowing you didn’t make an effort to do something – no matter how small – outside your own problems and drama.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
54. “The thought of somebody pulling and cutting around my face gives me a stomach-ache. Plastic surgery would be so painful. What if it doesn’t look good? What if they made a mistake? I couldn’t do it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
55. “Make yourself smell nice. I even wear perfume sometimes when I’m alone.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
56. “What you need is one black dress I call Plan B. It doesn’t have to be fabulous, it just looks good, covers up the problems and is neutral enough for dinner, business, a date, a funeral. You don’t overwear it, you don’t overwash it, because the Plan B is – gold.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Short Salma Hayek Quotes
57. “I like being a mother. For some people, it’s so much work that it can be a burden. But it’s not for me, maybe because I had my daughter, Valentina, later on in life, at 41.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
58. “If it wasn’t because of my high heels, I would still be in Coatzacoalcos with 10 children.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
59. “Sometimes evolving doesn’t mean transforming; sometimes it just means owning what is there.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
60. “My heart has been stolen too – but I’ve gone and got it back every single time!” ~ (Salma Hayek).
61. “Find your own style. Don’t spend your savings trying to be someone else. You’re not more important, smarter, or prettier because you wear a designer dress.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
62. “They thought I was crazy in Mexico when I said, ‘I’m going to Hollywood.’ Nobody thought I could make it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
63. “I’m suspicious of people who talk about their feelings to the whole world.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
64. “When you are passionate about life, it keeps you young. Sometimes I wake up at 4:00 am just to see how my roses look.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
65. “I like to eat. I’m always on the edge of how much can I eat without looking too – you know. If I eat something salty, it makes me want something sweet. I eat something sweet, then I want salty. And exercise is not my thing, though I do it.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
Best Salma Hayek Quotes
66. “There is an Arabic writer who wrote philosophy and poetry and who brought all religions and all the world together.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
67. “No surgical tweaks. No Botox either. I think it is terrible, these girls in their late 20s injecting their faces and lips. One told me, If I kill my muscles now, I’ll never get wrinkles. Can you imagine?” ~ (Salma Hayek).
68. “Before I had my child, animals were my life. I slept with four dogs in my bed.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
69. “Botox, trust me I’ve been tempted – but I resist! Think about what happens to your muscles – and your skin – if you’re sick and don’t move for a few days. It all atrophies! Plus, if you freeze a muscle in your face, other muscles have to compensate! And once you stop, what does that look like?” ~ (Salma Hayek).
70. “My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
71. “I think if you are young and you have children, you still have so much to prove. When you have children later in life, you lose a bit of that urge for working.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
72. “I have a farm and I love it there. There’s really nothing to do, but even watching the chickens, its fun.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
73. “I had to endure the worst time of all in terms of racial discrimination in Hollywood when I first started out. It was inconceivable to American directors and producers that a Mexican woman could have a lead role.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
74. “I will not have Botox. You know why? Because I eat! I eat the fat, I eat the vegetables, I eat everything. If you exercise and you don’t eat enough, it takes its toll on the skin.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
75. “When I finally decided to leave school and pursue acting, my parents didn’t take it very lightly. My friends thought that it was the tackiest thing they’d ever heard of. Acting was really beneath them. They couldn’t believe that I would want to become an actress. Not now, of course.”
Inspiring Salma Hayek Quotes
76. “If you give me any problem in America I can trace it down to domestic violence. It is the cradle of most of the problems, economic, psychological, educational.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
77. “Every unwanted animal ends up on my farm: alpacas and horses and dogs and cats and chickens and ducks and parrots and fish and guinea pigs.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
78. “I do have a Mexican accent, but that doesn’t mean that I’m a Latin vamp.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
79. “You know Latin people? African-American people? How our skin ages more slowly? Even though we’re dramatic, we move our faces, we eat higher-fat foods, we’re the ones with fewer wrinkles – it makes you wonder.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
80. “I didn’t think marriage worked. I thought everybody who was married was secretly miserable – that it was something they just put up with for their children.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
81. “I don’t believe in the so-called Latino explosion when it comes to movies. Jennifer Lopez doesn’t have an accent. She grew up in New York speaking English, not Spanish. Her success is very important because she represents a different culture, but it doesn’t help me.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
82. “How I would describe my characters is absolutely different from how I would describe myself.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
83. “At one point in my life, I was very involved with social causes. I’m still involved, but now I have a family and it’s important to me.” ~ (Salma Hayek).
84. “When I started acting, I was told over and over again, ‘You’re no good.’ But I said to myself, ‘You’ve got to keep it up.’” ~ (Salma Hayek).
85. “I don’t see women and think of them as competition or with judgment. Women really move me. I feel connected to all kinds of women. I am angry because I think we’ve been mistreated throughout history in different countries, including America. I admire women.” ~ (Salma Hayek).