Seneca was a Roman philosopher, politician and orator who lived in the first century AD.
Here are some of the best quotes by Seneca for you.
Best Seneca Quotes on Stoicism
1. “There is no genius without a touch of madness.” ~ (Seneca).
2. “If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable.” ~ (Seneca).
3. “Associate with people who are likely to improve you.” ~ (Seneca).
4. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” ~ (Seneca).
5. “He who is brave is free.” ~ (Seneca).
6. “Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.” ~ (Seneca).
7. “Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.” ~ (Seneca).
8. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ~ (Seneca).
9. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” ~ (Seneca).
10. “Ignorance is the cause of fear.” ~ (Seneca).
11. “While we wait for life, life passes.” ~ (Seneca).
Top Seneca Quotes
12. “It’s not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It’s because we dare not venture that they are difficult.” ~ (Seneca).
13. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” ~ (Seneca).
14. “No man was ever wise by chance.” ~ (Seneca).
15. “It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable.” ~ (Seneca).
16. “I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land.” ~ (Seneca).
17. “As long as you live, keep learning how to live.” ~ (Seneca).
18. “All cruelty springs from weakness.” ~ (Seneca).
19. “Only time can heal what reason cannot.” ~ (Seneca).
20. “Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life.” ~ (Seneca).
21. “Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.” ~ (Seneca).
22. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” ~ (Seneca).
Famous Seneca Quotes
23. “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. ” ~ (Seneca).
24. “Life is long, if you know how to use it.” ~ (Seneca).
25. “There is no easy way from the earth to the stars.” ~ (Seneca).
26. “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.” ~ (Seneca).
27. “As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.” ~ (Seneca).
28. “You act like mortals in all that you fear, and like immortals in all that you desire.” ~ (Seneca).
29. “It is difficult to bring people to goodness with lessons, but it is easy to do so by example.” ~ (Seneca).
30. “Fate leads the willing and drags along the reluctant.” ~ (Seneca).
31. “What is harder than rock? What is softer than water? Yet hard rocks are hollowed out by soft water?” ~ (Seneca).
32. “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” ~ (Seneca).
33. “It is quality rather than quantity that matters.” ~ (Seneca).
34. “Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.” ~ (Seneca).
35. “He suffers more than necessary, who suffers before it is necessary.” ~ (Seneca).
Inspiring Seneca Quotes
36. “Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.” ~ (Seneca).
37. “Life is like a play: it’s not the length, but the excellence of the acting that matters.” ~ (Seneca).
38. “To wish to be well is a part of becoming well.” ~ (Seneca).
39. “It does not matter how many books you have, but how good the books are which you have.” ~ (Seneca).
40. “No man is crushed by misfortune unless he has first been deceived by prosperity.” ~ (Seneca).
41. “Injustice never rules forever.” ~ (Seneca).
42. “A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer’s hand.” ~ (Seneca).
43. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for crisis.” ~ (Seneca).
44. “Wealth is the slave of a wise man. The master of a fool.” ~ (Seneca).
45. “To be always fortunate, and to pass through life with a soul that has never known sorrow, is to be ignorant of one half of nature.” ~ (Seneca).
46. “Leisure without books is death, and burial of a man alive.” ~ (Seneca).
47. “He who spares the wicked injures the good.” ~ (Seneca).
Short Seneca Quotes
48. “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.” ~ (Seneca).
49. “Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms – you’ll be able to use them better when you’re older.” ~ (Seneca).
50. “Everyone prefers belief to the exercise of judgment.” ~ (Seneca).
51. “A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.” ~ (Seneca).
52. “The sun also shines on the wicked.” ~ (Seneca).
53. “The best ideas are common property.” ~ (Seneca).
54. “I shall never be ashamed of citing a bad author if the line is good.” ~ (Seneca).
55. “We cease to be so angry once we cease to be so hopeful.” ~ (Seneca).