Virtue is the quality of doing the right thing while avoiding doing the wrong thing.
Virtues are significant since they are the fundamental traits required for our health and pleasure.
It will lead to greater communication, understanding, and acceptance between us and our fellow man if we recognize the value of virtues in our life.
We have made a list of the top quotes about Virtue for you.
Best Virtue Quotes of All Time
1. Punctuality is the virtue of the bored. ~ Evelyn Waugh.
2. Moral courage is higher and a rarer virtue than physical courage. William Slim.
3. Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. ~ George Washington.
4. Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. ~ Barry Goldwater.
5. “You love people, not for what you do for them or what they do for you. You love them for their values; their virtues.” ~ Ayn Rand
6. “Who sows virtue reaps honor.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci
7. “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton
8. “Consider your origins: you were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” ~ Dante Alighieri.
Famous Virtue Quotes
9. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” ~ Alan Cohen
10. “Tolerance is a cheap, low-grade parody of love. Tolerance is not a great virtue to aspire to. Love is much tougher and harder.” ~ N. T. Wright
11. “With wine, poetry, or virtue as you choose. But get drunk.” ~ Charles Baudelaire
12. “I know myself too well to believe in pure virtue.” ~ Albert Camus
13. “The person who talks most of his own virtue is often the least virtuous.” ~ Jawaharlal Nehru
14. “Love is an involuntary reaction to virtue.” ~ Stefan Molyneux
15. “The more we progress the more we tend to progress. We advance not in arithmetical but in geometrical progression. We draw compound interest on the whole capital of knowledge and virtue which has been accumulated since the dawning of time.” ~ Arthur Conan Doyle
16. “In justice is all virtues found in sum.” ~ Aristotle.
Inspiring Virtue Quotes
17. “A virtue never tested is no virtue at all.” ~ Billy Bragg
18. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” ~ Indira Gandhi
19. “Laziness is a programmers main virtue.” ~ Larry Wall
20. “Everything that’s coming into your life, you are attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by virtue of the images you’re holding in your mind. It’s what you’re thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you!” ~ Bob Proctor
21. “Prudence is the virtue by which we discern what is proper to do under various circumstances in time and place.” ~ John Milton
22. “Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man’s own will.” ~ Thomas Aquinas
23. “To be evenminded is the greatest virtue. Wisdom is to speak the truth and act in keeping with its nature.” ~ Heraclitus
24. “Consider it the greatest of all virtues to restrain the tongue.” ~ Cato the Younger.
Top Virtue Quotes
25. “We protect virtue so that virtue will protect us.” ~ Ajahn Chah
26. “Reason is not the sole basis of moral virtue in man. His social impulses are more deeply rooted than his rational life.” ~ Reinhold Niebuhr
27. “The virtuous carry out the settlement, but those without virtue pursue their claims.” ~ Laozi
28. “You don’t love because: you love despite; not for the virtues, but despite the faults.” ~ William Faulkner
29. “Remind oneself continually of one of those who practiced virtue in days gone by.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
30. “No one can deny you or grant you anything. It all comes to you by virtue of your vibration.” ~ Esther Hicks
31. “If one has a good disposition, what other virtue is needed? If a man has fame, what is the value of other ornamentation?” ~ Chanakya
32. “In the absence of willpower the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.” ~ Aleister Crowley.
Popular Virtue Quotes
33. “By virtue of Creation, and still more the Incarnation, nothing here below is profane for those who know how to see.” ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
34. “There is no virtue in poverty.” ~ Joseph Murphy
35. “Your favorite virtue? An appreciation for irony.” ~ Christopher Hitchens
36. “Justice is happiness according to virtue.” ~ John Rawls
37. “Drink wine, drink poetry, drink virtue.” ~ Charles Baudelaire
38. “Silver is of less value than gold, gold than virtue.” ~ Horace
39. “Lowliness is the base of every virtue, And he who goes the lowest builds the safest.” ~ Philip James Bailey
40. “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true.” ~ Carl Sagan.
41. “Courage is the first virtue that makes all other virtues possible.” ~ Aristotle
42. “The more we grow in Love, Virtue and Holiness, the more we see Love, Virtue and Holiness outside.” ~ Swami Vivekananda
43. “Virtue is a state of war, and to live in it we have always to combat with ourselves.” ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau
44. “To live a life of virtue, match up your thoughts, words, and deeds.” ~ Epictetus
45. Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue. ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
46. Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. ~ C. S. Lewis.
47. Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage. ~ Maya Angelou.
48. Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall. ~ William Shakespeare.
49. Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero.
50. Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice. ~ Baruch Spinoza.
51. Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson. ~ Elon Musk.
52. Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. ~ Oscar Wilde.
You Might Like
- Math Quotes
- Patience Quotes
- Kindness Quotes
- Time Quotes
- Persistence Quotes
- Sacrifice Quotes
- Worry Quotes
- Learning Quotes
- Photography Quotes
- Teacher Quotes