Eric Schmidt is a software engineer and a technology businessman from the United States.
From 2001 to 2011, he served as the CEO of Google, executive chairman from 2011 to 2015, executive chairman of Alphabet Inc. from 2015 to 2017, and Technical Advisor at Alphabet from 2017 to 2020.
We have listed down some of the best quotes from Eric Schmidt for you.
Best Eric Schmidt Quotes
1. “We run the company by questions, not by answers.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
2. “The self-driving car is not self-aware. It’s just driving; it’s not thinking.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
3. “Say yes to more things.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
4. “The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
5. “There were 5 Exabytes of information created between the dawn of civilization through 2003, but that much information is now created every 2 days.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
6. “The Internet of things will augment your brain.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
7. “In a networked world, trust is the most important currency.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
8. “None of us is as smart as all of as.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
9. “Bitcoin is a remarkable cryptographic achievement and the ability to create something which is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
10. “Brands are the solution, not the problem. Brands are how you sort out the cesspool.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
Top Eric Schmidt Quotes
11. “Every 2 days we create as much information as we did up to 2003.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
12. “If you have something that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
13. “Don’t tell me, show me.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
14. “The coach doesn’t have to play the sport as well as you do. They have to watch you and get you to be your best.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
15. “The characteristic of great innovators and great companies is they see a space that others do not. They don’t just listen to what people tell them; they actually invent something new, something that you didn’t know you needed, but the moment you see it, you say, ‘I must have it.’” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
16. “We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about;.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
17. “The rise of Google, the rise of Facebook, the rise of Apple, I think are proof that there is a place for computer science as something that solves problems that people face every day.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
18. “Just remember when you post something, the computers remember forever.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
19. “Around 400 million people in the last year got a smartphone. If you think that’s a big deal, imagine the impact on that person in the developing world.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
20. “Show us 14 photos of yourself and we can identify who you are;.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
Famous Eric Schmidt Quotes
21. “Google is very much a not-invented-here, build-it-ourselves culture.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
22. “There is a science to managing high tech businesses, and it needs to be respected. One of them is that in technology businesses, leadership is temporary. It’s constantly recycling. So the asset has limited lifetime.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
23. “I don’t believe society understands what happens when everything is available, knowable and recorded by everyone all the time.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
24. “Washington is an incumbent protection machine. Technology is fundamentally disruptive.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
25. “In general in technology, if you own a platform that’s valuable, you can monetize it.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
26. “The computing world is very good at things that we are not. It is very good at memory.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
27. “If you thought when you got your job at 20 that it would never change you were misinformed. Retrain yourself to be curious.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
28. “Mobile is the future and there’s no such thing as communication overload.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
29. “The Internet is fast becoming a cesspool where false information thrives.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
30. “Success is really about being ready for the good opportunities that come before you. It’s not to have a detailed plan of everything that you’re going to do. You can’t plan innovation or inspiration, but you can be ready for it, and when you see it, you can jump on it.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
Popular Eric Schmidt Quotes
31. “It’s because of this fundamental shift towards user-generated information that people will listen more to other people than to traditional resources.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
32. “People who bet against the Internet, who think that somehow this change is just a generational shift, miss that it is a fundamental reorganizing of the power of the end user. The Internet brings tremendous tools to the end user, and that end user is going to use them.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
33. “Mobile use is growing faster than all of Google’s internal predictions.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
34. “We have an opportunity for everyone in the world to have access to all the world’s information. This has never before been possible. Why is ubiquitous information so profound? It’s a tremendous equalizer. Information is power.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
35. “At Google, operations are not just an afterthought: they are critical to the company’s success, and we want to have just as much effort and creativity in this domain as in new product development.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
36. “Google Maps are phenomenal. Yep, ask an Apple user.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
37. “Google is more than a business. Google is a belief system. And we believe passionately in the open Internet model.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
38. “People are good at intuition, living our lives. What are computers good at? Memory.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
39. “It’s a bug that cars were invented before computers.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
40. “The trend has been mobile was winning. It’s now won.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
41. “If you think about YouTube, YouTube is a ‘searching the world’s videos’ problem, right? They all have to be there, but how do you find them? What I guess I’m trying to say is that search is still the killer app.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
Inspiring Eric Schmidt Quotes
42. “Half of Google’s revenue comes from selling text-based ads that are placed near search results and are related to the topic of the search. Another half of its revenues come from licensing its search technology to companies like Yahoo.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
43. “The Internet is really about highly specialized information, highly specialized targeting.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
44. “One of the unintended negative consequences of online advertising has been the loss of value in traditional classifieds. It’s simply quicker, simply easier for an end user who’s online, on a broadband connection, to look things up and to figure out what they want to buy.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
45. “Technology will move faster than governments, so don’t legislate before you understand the consequences.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
46. “For a meritocracy to work, it needs to engender a culture where there is an “obligation to dissent”.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
47. “I still believe that sitting down and reading a book is the best way to really learn something.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
48. “One person’s definition of evil is another person’s different definition.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
49. “I actually think most people don’t want Google to answer their questions. They want Google to tell them what they should be doing next.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).
50. “When you use Google, do you get more than one answer? Of course you do. Well, that’s a bug. We have more bugs per second in the world. We should be able to give you the right answer just once. We should know what you meant.” ~ (Eric Schmidt).