Wisdom is a deep combination of knowledge, experience and thoughtful thinking.
It is not only about gathering information; it is also about comprehending its consequences, learning from experiences and implementing this knowledge wisely.
Wisdom is a wonderful tool that may help you in many aspects of your life.
It can influence your emotional reactions, form your mental viewpoints, affect your physical activities and even help you manage your finances.
It acts as a compass, guiding you through life’s complicated labyrinth.
The power of calm is an often ignored aspect of wisdom. The capacity to just be present, watch and listen without jumping to conclusions or taking action.
This silence awakens your non-conceptual intellect, enabling knowledge to arise.
Allow silence to guide your words and actions. Allow the tranquil pond to reflect the truth. Allow it to create a space for wisdom to grow.
You welcome knowledge into your life by embracing the power of silence, allowing you to make judgments that are not just clever, but also wise.
Accept the silence and allow it to reveal your inner knowledge.
I have collected a list of best quotes on wisdom for you.
Powerful Wisdom Quotes for Wise People
1. “The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention.” ~ John Burroughs.
2. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” ~ Jim Elliot.
3. “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” ~ Voltaire.
4. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” ~ Socrates.
5. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” ~ Marilyn Vos Savant.
6. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” ~ William Arthur Ward.
7. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” ~ John Muir.
8. “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” ~ Thomas Jefferson.
9. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
10. “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.” ~ Bruce Lee.
Best Wisdom Quotes
11. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” ~ Michael Jordan.
12. “Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” ~ Sigmund Freud.
13. “The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
14. “He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.” ~ Confucius.
15. “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ~ Albert Einstein.
16. “Slow and steady wins the race.” ~ Robert Lloyd.
17. “With pride, there are many curses. With humility, there come many blessings.” ~ Ezra Taft Benson.
18. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” ~ Abraham Lincoln.
19. “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” ~ Annie Dillard.
20. “Angry people are not always wise.” ~ Jane Austen.
21. “You do not write your life with words…You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” ~ Patrick Ness.
22. “It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.” ~ Elizabeth Kenny.
23. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” ~ Paulo Coelho.
Inspiring Wisdom Quotes
24. “You’ve got to go out on a limb sometimes because that’s where the fruit is.” ~ Will Rogers.
25. “My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it’s on your plate.” ~ Thornton Wilder
26. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ~ Bob Marley
27. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” ~ Martin Luther
28. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ Rumi
29. “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.” ~ Pierre Corneille
30. “The limits of my language means the limits of my world.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein
31. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
32. “No man was ever wise by chance.” ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
33. “There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart.” ~ Charles Dickens
34. “The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.” ~ Thomas Paine
35. “He not busy being born is busy dying.” ~ Bob Dylan
36. “Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.” ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
37. “The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.” ~ Don Shula
38. “I’ve read the last page of the Bible. It’s all going to turn out all right.” ~ Billy Graham
39. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” ~ John C. Maxwell.
Inspirational Wisdom Quotes
40. “Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” ~ Francis Bacon
41. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.” ~ Saint Augustine
42. “The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge.” ~ Daniel J. Boorstin
43. “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” ~ Alan Kay
44. “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” ~ John Wooden
45. “If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.” ~ Henry Ford
46. “A closed mouth catches no flies.” ~ Miguel de Cervantes
47. “The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are.” ~ John Burroughs
48. “I am not afraid of storms because I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Louisa May Alcott
49. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
50. “It is impossible to love and to be wise.” ~ Francis Bacon
51. “Knowledge is proud that it knows so much; wisdom is humble that it knows no more.” ~ William Cowper
52. “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut
53. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “In youth we learn; in age we understand.” ~ Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
55. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
56. “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
57. “A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with Reality, and lives in a world of illusion.” ~ Alan Watts
58. “Faith is a passionate intuition.” ~ William Wordsworth.
59. “You teach best what you most need to learn.” ~ Richard Bach.
60. “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” ~ Albert Einstein.
Great Wisdom Quotes
61. “The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche.
62. “You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” ~ Franz Kafka.
63. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ~ Confucius.
64. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.” ~ George S. Patton Jr.
65. “Happiness equals reality minus expectations.” ~ Tom Magliozzi.
66. “Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.” ~ Ludwig van Beethoven.
67. “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” ~ Thomas Jefferson.
68. “If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” ~ Margaret Thatcher.
69. “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” ~ John F. Kennedy.
70. “Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.” ~ Deepak Chopra.
You Might Like
- Happiness Quotes
- Love Quotes
- Friendship Quotes
- Goals Quotes
- Failure Quotes
- Perseverance Quotes
- Attitude Quotes
- Focus Quotes
- Courage Quotes
- Integrity Quotes