Perseverance is the unwavering determination to keep going despite challenges, is a key factor to achieve success.
It signifies the resolve to work hard consistently, undeterred by problems, odds, or obstacles and highlights your commitment to your goals.
Perseverance doesn’t demand any special training or qualifications, it’s a natural trait that only requires a strong will.
It can be a transformative tool in life. Succumbing to failure is a common human tendency but it’s essential to remember that loss of hope is temporary.
This compilation of 80 quotes on perseverance and never giving up serves as a source of inspiration, encouraging readers to persist in the face of adversity and move forward.
Table of Contents
Top Perseverance Quotes on Never Giving Up
1. “A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.” ~ George Augustus Moore.
2. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn.” ~ Helen Keller.
3. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying.” ~ John C. Maxwell.
5. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~ Nelson Mandela.
6. “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” ~ Walter Elliot.
7. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~ Robert Collier.
8. “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable” ~ Thomas Fowell Buxton.
9. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” ~ Henry Ford.
10. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt.
11. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ~ Confucius.
12. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” ~ Albert Einstein.
Best Perseverance Quotes
13. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” ~ Pele.
14. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” ~ Abraham Lincoln.
15. “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” ~ Vince Lombardi.
16. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie.
17. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” ~ Japanese Proverb.
18. “We will either find a way or make one.” ~ Hannibal.
19. “Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.” ~ Victor Hugo.
20. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” ~ Newt Gingrich.
21. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” ~ Vince Lombardi.
22. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ~ Confucius.
23. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~ Thomas A. Edison.
24. “Hardships make or break people.” ~ Margaret Mitchell.
25. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill.
26. “All great achievements require time.” ~ Maya Angelou.
Famous Perseverance Quotes
27. “It’s always too early to quit.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale.
28. “Persistence is self-discipline in action.” ~ Brian Tracy.
29. “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” ~ Francis Bacon.
30. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” ~ Billie Jean King.
31. “A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.” ~ B.F. Skinner.
32. “When you get to the end of your rope. Tie a knot and hang on.” ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt.
33. “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” ~ Gillian Anderson.
34. “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson.
35. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald.
36. “Keep the faith, don’t lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct.” ~ Paula Abdul.
37. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ~ Thomas Jefferson
38. “Constant dripping hollows out a stone.” ~ Lucretius.
39. “The best way out is always through.” ~ Robert Frost.
40. “We truly believe with hard work, dedication and perseverance, we can become the best at what we do. No one wants to become mediocre.” ~ Andy Biersack.
41. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” ~ William Feather.
42. “Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages.” ~ George Washington.
43. “The simple truth is that in order to become good, you have to be obsessed. You have to put in an awful lot of time and hard work and couple that with desire and unflagging perseverance.” ~ Yngwie Malmsteen.
44. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.
45. “Perseverance doesn’t always mean winning and losing. Perseverance means showing up and rising to the occasion and performing.” ~ Michael Chiesa.
Related Quotes: Persistence Quotes to Inspire You for Success and Famous Hard Work Quotes To Succeed In Life & Business
Great Perseverance Quotes
46. “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” ~ Andrew Carnegie.
47. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” ~ Seneca
48. “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
49. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” ~ Babe Ruth.
50. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” ~ Louis Pasteur.
51. “Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” ~ Christopher Morley.
52. “Never, never, never give in!” ~ Winston Churchill.
53. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” ~ A. A. Milne.
54. “When things go wrong, don’t go with them.” ~ Elvis Presley.
55. “Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” ~ Kobe Bryant.
56. “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” ~ Lou Holtz
57. “If you rest, you rust.” ~ Helen Hayes.
58. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” ~ Babe Ruth.
59. “If you have infinite patience and perseverance, success is bound to come. No mistake in that.” ~ Swami Vivekananda
60. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~ Robert H. Schuller.
61. “Everything I’ve achieved has come from perseverance. I’ve never met another entrepreneur who had a painless path to success – everyone who tries to bring new ideas to the world is tested.” ~ Reshma Saujani.
62. “If hard work, integrity, thrift, and perseverance have caused you to succeed, then you don’t owe anyone an apology for winning.” ~ Dave Ramsey.
Motivational Perseverance Quotes
63. “When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.” ~ Jacob August Riis.
64. “Wanting to win isn’t enough. You have to go through a process to improve. That takes patience, perseverance, and intentionality.” ~ John C. Maxwell
65. “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.” ~ Stephen R. Covey.
66. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” ~ Napoleon Hill.
67. “Give me 100 percent. You can’t make up for a poor effort today by giving 110 percent tomorrow. You don’t have 110 percent. You only have 100 percent, and that’s what I want from you right now.” ~ John Wooden.
68. “I long so much to make beautiful things. But beautiful things require effort and disappointment and perseverance.” ~ Vincent van Gogh.
69. “Adversity, and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless.” ~ Scott Hamilton.
70. “How long should you try? Until.” ~ Jim Rohn
71. “Endurance is patience concentrated.” ~ Thomas Carlyle.
72. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” ~ Vince Lombardi.
73. “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” ~ Robert Benchley.
74. “Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.” ~ Victor Hugo.
Profound Perseverance Quotes
75. “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” ~ Elbert Hubbard.
76. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~ Winston Churchill.
77. “The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.” ~ Sun Yat-sen.
78. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson.
79. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” ~ Julie Andrews.
80. “If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” ~ Joseph Addison.