Harrison Ford is an actor from the United States.
Ford rose to international prominence as Han Solo in the epic space opera picture Star Wars (1977).
Ford has also been nominated for an Academy Award, four times for a Golden Globe, three times for a Saturn Award, and has received the AFI Life Achievement Award and the Cecil B. DeMille Award. He now serves as Conservation International’s vice chair.
We have curated some of the top quotes from Harrison Ford for you.
Best Harrison Ford Quotes
1. “The Force is within you. Force yourself.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
2. “It’s not the years honey, it’s the mileage.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
3. “Arabs are dirtier creatures than animals and we Jews are the chosen people, there is no comparison.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
4. “I don’t mind doing interviews. I don’t mind answering thoughtful questions. But I’m not thrilled about answering questions like, ‘If you were being mugged, and you had a lightsaber in one pocket and a whip in the other, which would you use?’” ~ (Harrison Ford).
5. “I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
6. “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
7. “I’m like a fireman. When I go out on a call, I want to put out a big fire, I don’t want to put out a fire in a dumpster.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
8. “Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
9. “Why do I ask for directions? Because I hate wasting time.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
10. “Wood burns faster when you have to cut and chop it yourself.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
11. “Work hard and figure out how to be useful and don’t try to imitate anybody else’s success. Figure out how to do it for yourself with yourself.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
12. “The only thing that I have done that is not mitigated by luck, diminished by good fortune, is that I persisted, and other people gave up.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
13. “Behind every great man is a woman. Telling him he’s not so hot.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
14. “You may get real tired watching me, but I’m not going to quit.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
15. “My goal was just to work regularly. I didn’t ever expect to be rich or famous. I wanted to be a working character actor.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
Top Harrison Ford Quotes
16. “We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
17. “You get a sense of reference there. You feel part of something that’s got order and balance and harmony to it. All the distraction and noise, all the confusion of misplaced, misdirected energy just don’t happen there.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
18. “The focus and the concentration and the attention to detail that flying takes is a kind of meditation. I find it restful and engaging, and other things slip away.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
19. “All I would tell people is to hold onto what was individual about themselves, not to allow their ambition for success to cause them to try to imitate the success of others. You’ve got to find it on your own terms.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
20. “Hard work and a proper frame of mind prepare you for the lucky breaks that come along – or don’t.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
21. “Romantic love is one of the most exciting and fulfilling kinds of love and I think there is potential for it at any stage of your life.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
22. “Parenting is an impossible job at any age.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
23. “There’s a real simple analogy. You have to perceive it from the ground up. You have to lay a firm foundation, then every step becomes part of a logical process.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
24. “I am not the first man who wanted to make changes in his life at 60 and I won’t be the last. It is just that others can do it with anonymity.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
Famous Harrison Ford Quotes
25. “That’s always my ambition is to create a character out of what will help tell the story. I’ve never been an actor to say my character wouldn’t do that, because he should do that in order to help tell the story.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
26. “Some actors couldn’t figure out how to withstand the constant rejection. They couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
27. “Whoever had the bright idea of putting Indiana Jones in a leather jacket and a fedora in the jungle ought to be dragged into the street and shot.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
28. “I just don’t think of age and time in respect of years. I have too much experience of people in their seventies who are vigorous and useful and people who are thirty-five who are in lousy physical shape and can’t think straight. I don’t think age has that much to do with it.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
29. “I need a challenge. I need the intellectual stimulation. I’m a member of a community on each film, working in concert to try to bring an idea to life. It’s a great job.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
30. “You know you’re getting old when all the names in your black book have M. D. after them.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
31. “You have to have the darkness for the dawn to come.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
32. “The loss of anonymity is something that nobody can prepare you for. When it happened, I recognized that I’d lost one of the most valuable things in life. To this day, I’m not all that happy about it.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
33. “My character is meant to know nothing about rap, and not to like it very much, but I know about it, because my kids make me listen to it. There’s some rap I do like very much. I like Eminem, Blackalicious.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
34. “It’s important not to base your ambition on anybody else’s history, but to figure out how best to use your own particular personality and understanding of yourself to help tell other people’s stories.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
35. “You know how a woman gets a man excited? She shows up.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
Popular Harrison Ford Quotes
36. “I wanted to be a forest ranger or a coal man. At a very early age, I knew I didn’t want to do what my dad did, which was work in an office.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
37. “You keep on going until you get it as close to being right as the time and patience of others will allow.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
38. “I’ve always wanted to be bald. I mean it, completely bald. Wouldn’t it be great to be bald in the rain?” ~ (Harrison Ford).
39. “Our health relies entirely on the vitality of our fellow species on Earth.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
40. “The basic skill of an actor is, in fact, empathy, and that’s maybe not a skill, it’s a disposition. I am an assistant storyteller. I enjoy feeling useful to a team effort. It’s my way of finding a use for myself, a utility in this world.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
41. “Henry: Well I’m sorry about your head though, but I thought you were one of them. Indiana: Dad, they come in through the doors.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
Inspiring Harrison Ford Quotes
42. “Bikes and planes aren’t about going fast or having fun; they’re toys, but serious ones.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
43. “Money is really only important if you don’t have any.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
44. “I don’t do stunts – I do running, jumping and falling down. After 25 years I know exactly what I’m doing.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
45. “Acting is not about competing. Acting is about cooperating. Acting is about collaboration. It’s about your utility, your usefulness, your capacity to add to the work that has already been done and will be done. You’re just part of a team. I never feel competitive about acting.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
46. “I never feel sexy. I have a distant relationship with the mirror.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
47. “Hell of a thing when a man’s got good health, plenty of money and absolutely nothing to do.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
48. “Irish as a person but I feel Jewish as an actor.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
49. “I do not go to the gym. I do not train. I am not that careful about what I eat. I cannot give you any advice about keeping fit. The best advice I can give is choose your parents wisely.” ~ (Harrison Ford).
50. “It took me a long time to figure out how to act, and how to conduct myself in the business so I could get what I felt I needed to support my potential and give them what they wanted.” ~ (Harrison Ford).