When someone is hurt or ill, they feel pain, which is an unpleasant sensation.
It is the body’s way of alerting us that there is a problem.
Best Pain Quotes
1. “Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation.” ~ Michael Jordan.
2. “The cure for pain is in the pain.” ~ Rumi.
3. “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” ~ Ovid
4. “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” ~ Rumi
5. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” ~ Walt Disney
6. ”Pain has its own noble joy, when it starts a strong consciousness of life, from a stagnant one.” ~ John Sterling.
7. ”It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up again.” ~ Vince Lombardi.
8. ”Pain and pleasure like light and darkness, succeed each other.” ~ Lawrence Stone.
9. ”Pain is weakness leaving the body.” ~ Chesty Puller.
10. ”Pain pays the income of each precious thing.” ~ William Shakespeare.
Great Pain Quotes
11. ”Pain makes me grow. Growing is what I want. Therefore, for me pain is pleasure.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger.
12. ”No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” ~ Hal Borland.
13. ”Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.” ~ Fight Club.
14. ”No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.” ~ William Penn.
15. ”Turn your wounds into wisdom.” ~ Oprah Winfrey.
16. ”You never know how strong you are… until being strong is the only choice you have.” ~ Cayla Mills.
17. “Remember anything you want that’s valuable requires you to break through short-term pain in order to gain long-term pleasure.” ~ Tony Robbins
18. “People fear death even more than pain. It’s strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend.” ~ Jim Morrison.
Famous Pain Quotes
19. “Be the silent watcher of your thoughts and behavior. You are beneath the thinker. You are the stillness beneath the mental noise. You are the love and joy beneath the pain.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
20. “Neurosis is the natural by-product of pain avoidance.” ~ C.G. Jung
21. “Pain is temporary. Eventually it will subside. If I quit, however, the surrender stays with me.” ~ Lance Armstrong
22. “There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self-mastery. From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher.” ~ Robin S. Sharma
23. “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” ~ C.G. Jung
24. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~ Kenji Miyazawa
25. “Sacrifice today for tomorrow’s betterment, you are willing to pay those payments with pain, because pain is just a message when you are fixing something that’s insufficient in your life.” ~ Greg Plitt
26. “It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” ~ Rose Kennedy.
Popular Pain Quotes
27. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” ~ Mary Tyler Moore
28. “Smile, though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it’s breaking. When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by if you smile through your pain and sorrow. Smile and maybe tomorrow, you’ll see the sun come shining through for you.” ~ Charlie Chaplin
29. “Face your fears, endure its pain and they will be re-written in the form of pride and dreams.” ~ Greg Plitt
30. “When I planted my pain in the field of patience it bore fruit of happiness.” ~ Khalil Gibran
31. “Much of your pain is self-chosen.” ~ Khalil Gibran
32. “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” ~ Walter Anderson
33. “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” ~ Pablo Neruda.
Inspiring Pain Quotes
34. “Hearts united in pain and sorrow will not be separated by joy and happiness. Bonds that are woven in sadness are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure. Love that is washed by tears will remain eternally pure and faithful.” ~ Khalil Gibran
35. “We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.” ~ Alan Watts
36. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” ~ Leo Buscaglia
37. “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
38. “Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.” ~ Rumi
39. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt.
40. “We don’t even ask happiness, just a little less pain.” ~ Charles Bukowski
41. “Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change.” ~ Frida Kahlo
Wise Pain Quotes
42. “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut
43. “Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” ~ Tony Robbins
44. “He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” ~ Dr. Seuss
45. “Pain makes you stronger. Fear makes you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser.” ~ Drake
46. “Life is pain, so live it up while you can.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
47. “You may have had unfair things happen to you, but the depth of your pain is an indication of the height of your future.” ~ Joel Osteen
48. “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
49. “When the pain overtakes you, reach inside. Gather the broken pieces, and hand them to God. Ask Him to remake your heart. Different, this time. Stronger. More beautiful. This is how we are made, and remade by the Maker.” ~ Yasmin Mogahed
50. “Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.” ~ Arthur Schopenhauer.