John Legend is a famous American singer, songwriter, record producer and film producer.
Best John Legend Quotes
1. “The best way to fight poverty is to empower people through access to quality education.” ~ (John Legend).
2. “My head’s under water but I’m breathing fine.” ~ (John Legend).
3. “I keep learning, listening, growing and experimenting.” ~ (John Legend).
4. “The future started yesterday, and we’re already late.” ~ (John Legend).
5. “Love your curves and all your edges All your perfect imperfections.” ~ (John Legend).
6. “We’re just ordinary people. We don’t know which way to go.” ~ (John Legend).
7. “A just society is not one built on fear or repression or vengeance or exclusion, but one built on love. Love for our families. Love for our neighbors. Love for the least among us. Love for those who look different or worship differently. Love for those we don’t even know.” ~ (John Legend).
8. “The biggest weapon is to stay peaceful.” ~ (John Legend).
9. “Soul is about authenticity. Soul is about finding the things in your life that are real and pure.” ~ (John Legend).
10. “I feel like my job is to make impact, spread love, tell great stories, inspire people, that’s what I am going to do.” ~ (John Legend).
11. “All men should be feminists. If men cared about women’s rights, the world would be a better place.” ~ (John Legend).
12. “The best training is to play by ear: trial by fire.” ~ (John Legend).
13. “We all must follow a different path to let our light shine, and that’s what makes us so unpredictable and unique.” ~ (John Legend).
Top John Legend Quotes
14. “I used to work for a management consulting company, so I dressed differently – business casual, probably a lot of things from Banana Republic. My wardrobe now is definitely more expensive, but I always dress for the occasion.” ~ (John Legend).
15. “You learn so much from taking chances, whether they work out or not. Either way, you can grow from the experience and become stronger and smarter.” ~ (John Legend).
16. “Sometimes I start just on the piano with a melody or musical idea that kind of leads me to certain lyrics.” ~ (John Legend).
17. “I’m pretty adventurous with food, so I’m not afraid to try anything.”~ (John Legend).
18. “Sometimes there’s that perfect moment when the crowd, the music, the energy of the room come together in a way that brings me to tears.” ~ (John Legend).
19. “My family is very musical, I was surrounded by it. And from four years old I was the one that asked my mother could I take piano lessons.” ~ (John Legend).
20. “I think writers are prone to hyperbole sometimes.” ~ (John Legend).
21. “I just want it to be timeless and timely at the same time.” ~ (John Legend).
22. “I wrote the song “Show Me” as a prayer to God asking simple, honest questions about life and death and why there is so much suffering in the world. As I grew with the song I realized I shouldn’t limit these questions solely to God; I should ask those questions of others and of myself.” ~ (John Legend).
Famous John Legend Quotes
23. “It’s an artist’s duty to reflect the times in which we live.” ~ (John Legend).
24. “You see all these things that make you feel desperate or sad, but you realize changes can be made, and it doesn’t take a lot of money on our part to make a change in people’s lives.” ~ (John Legend).
25. “I do believe that part of us ending racism is us seeing each other’s humanity and learning to love each other, even if we look different or worship differently or live differently.” ~ (John Legend).
26. “I like cool jackets – a nice fall or winter coat. You can get a lot of use out of it, and you’ll wear it frequently, so it can really set the tone of your uniform for the season.” ~ (John Legend).
27. “Some people, you know, should just go to college and do what they do and have a great job and not worry about trying to be famous as a singer. It’s not for everyone.” ~ (John Legend).
28. “The fun part about collaborating is that you naturally just bounce off each other’s energy and learn off each other.” ~ (John Legend).
29. “Experience is a great teacher.” ~ (John Legend).
30. “It’s really about making the best music you can make. It’s really about working hard.” ~ (John Legend).
31. “I’ve always followed politics, and I think politics is everybody’s business because we’re electing someone who’s going to be making important decisions that will affect all of our lives.” ~ (John Legend).
Popular John Legend Quotes
32. “I thought it would be funny to take a photo in the White House bathroom, I take pictures everywhere I go, but I don’t think I can top that one.” ~ (John Legend).
33. “Music business is not for everyone. But if you have it in you, you have that passion, if you have that energy in you that you really want to make something creative and make something that’s going to impact the world, then go for it, do it and don’t let anybody tell you no.” ~ (John Legend).
34. “I don’t think I’m craving any more fame. But success and being recognized for making great work all around the world, I think it’s a great thing.” ~ (John Legend).
35. “No matter how big or successful and famous you become, if you do that, that’s the most fulfilling thing, is making music that you love and that you’re proud of.” ~ (John Legend).
36. “As a young black boy, it made me proud to see black leaders that did something amazing and made the world change.” ~ (John Legend).
37. “I’ve written good love songs when I have been in love and I’ve written good love songs when I haven’t.” ~ (John Legend).
38. “I listen to all those kinds of music, from classic soul to hip-hop to Brazilian music to, you know, jazz to indie to alternative. So whatever. I listen to all of it. Classic rock and classic pop, all of that.” ~ (John Legend).
Inspiring John Legend Quotes
39. “I don’t like going to football games. I like watching them on television. When you go to a game, it’s hard to focus. There’s so much going on, and it’s cold. I’d rather sit and watch it and get replays and commentary.” ~ (John Legend).
40. “I know when things feel a little, like, intrusive and when they don’t. I don’t have a lot to hide. But I do sometimes think, don’t share everything.” ~ (John Legend).
41. “Witnessing the extreme poverty in remote parts of Africa can make you feel sad and powerless until you realize how little it takes to change these people’s lives fundamentally in sustainable ways.” ~ (John Legend).
42. “For me, no matter how much money you want to make off of singing, no matter what kind of fame you want to make, achieve, the most important thing to me is making music that you’re proud of, making music that comes from you, comes from an authentic place in you.” ~ (John Legend).
43. “People tell me all the time that my songs help them express things to loved ones that they may not be able to say themselves.” ~ (John Legend).
44. “If a few people decide not to buy my album it’s really not going to change my life that much.” ~ (John Legend).
45. “I’m craving more soul, I’m craving more truth, I’m craving more socially – just people that are aware of what’s going on in the world.” ~ (John Legend).
46. “In terms of the technology I use the most, it’s probably a tie between my Blackberry and my MacBook Pro laptop. That’s how I communicate with the rest of the world and how I handle all the business I have to handle.” ~ (John Legend).
47. “You can always find a stray negative comment on the Internet. It’s like everybody loves to put negative comments on the Internet under the cloak of anonymity.” ~ (John Legend).
48. “I gravitate toward people that are a little more outrageous than I am. And we complement each other well.” ~ (John Legend).
49. “I’m trying to be me and embrace all the parts of me that have grown up, listened to more music and soaked up more influences.” ~ (John Legend).
50. “I was a busy kid in high school – a little bit of an overachiever, I guess. Prom king was kind of silly, but the rest of the stuff was important to me.” ~ (John Legend).