Sacrifice is defined as the act of giving up something in order to benefit someone or something else.
We have outlined some of the top quotes about Sacrifice for you.
Best Sacrifice Quotes of All Time
1. Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice. ~ Michael Novak.
2. To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift. ~ Steve Prefontaine.
3. Every wish, every dream, every idea comes to existence only through blood, sweat and sacrifice. ~ Ivan Moody.
4. “There can be no progress, no achievement without sacrifice.” ~ James Allen.
5. “Success takes an investment in time, dedication, and sacrifice. This is true education. It is a process.” ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki.
6. “Sacrifice today for tomorrow’s betterment, you are willing to pay those payments with pain, because pain is just a message when you are fixing something that’s insufficient in your life.” ~ Greg Plitt.
7. “To be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what you are, for what you will become.” ~ Eric Thomas.
8. “The cause of most of man’s unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley.
9. “Never let someone’s opinion become your reality. Never sacrifice who you are because someone else has a problem with it. Love who you are inside and out.” ~ Les Brown.
Famous Sacrifice Quotes
10. “You sacrifice the few to save the many.” ~ Joel Osteen.
11. “What are you doing this weekend to improve your financial situation? Sacrifice made today goes a long way for a better tomorrow.” ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
12. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” ~ Napoleon Hill
13. True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice. ~ Sadhu Vaswani.
14. Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers. ~ Simon Sinek.
15. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. ~ Edmund Burke.
16. “An individualist is a man who says: ‘I will not run anyone’s life – nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone – nor sacrifice anyone to myself.’” ~ Ayn Rand.
Inspiring Sacrifice Quotes
17. “My belief is firm in a law of compensation. The true rewards are ever in proportion to the labour and sacrifices made.” ~ Nikola Tesla
18. “Not all of us are called to die a martyr’s death, but all of us are called to have the same spirit of self-sacrifice and love to the very end as these martyrs had.” ~ Richard Wurmbrand
19. “A Mother’s love is something that no one can explain, It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain, It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may For nothing can destroy it or take that love away.” ~ Helen Steiner Rice
20. “To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.” ~ Howard Zinn
21. “Hard work, sacrifice and focus will never show up in tests.” ~ Lance Armstrong
22. “You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.” ~ Shakira
23. “Love is not self-sacrifice, but the most profound assertion of your own needs and values. It is for your own happiness that you need the person you love, and that is the greatest compliment, the greatest tribute you can pay to that person.” ~ Ayn Rand
24. “In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher.
Top Sacrifice Quotes
25. “People ask me about what sacrifices I’ve made. I always answer: I’ve made no sacrifices, I’ve made choices.” ~ Aung San Suu Kyi
26. “Doing less is not being lazy. Don’t give in to a culture that values personal sacrifice over personal productivity.” ~ Tim Ferriss
27. “Mental toughness is Spartanism, with all its qualities of self-denial, sacrifice, dedication, fearlessness, and love.” ~ Vince Lombardi
28. “When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed.” ~ Ayn Rand
29. “If you begin by sacrificing yourself to those you love, you will end by hating those to whom you have sacrificed yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
30. “Without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing. Like the first monkey shot into space.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
31. “Truth is, no two people are completely compatible. We have to learn to become one. That means we may have to make sacrifices; we may have to overlook some things. We must be willing to compromise for the good of the relationship.” ~ Joel Osteen
32. “Wherever there is animal worship, there is human sacrifice.” ~ Gilbert K. Chesterton.
Popular Sacrifice Quotes
33. “Life does not require you to sacrifice or compromise your joy to get what you want. Joy is what you want, so when you choose in harmony with it, you are fulfilling your purpose in living.” ~ Alan Cohen
34. “Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness – great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.” ~ Jim Rohn.
35. “The creed of sacrifice is a morality for the immoral.” ~ Ayn Rand.
36. “If you sacrifice liberty for security, you will lose both.” ~ Ron Paul.
37. “It’s no laughing matter being a Republican in these perilous times. Anyone can be a Republican when the stock market is up, but when stocks are selling for no more than they’re worth, I tell you, being a Republican – it’s a sacrifice.” ~ Will Rogers.
38. “Democracy, like liberty, justice and other social and political rights, is not “given”, it is earned through courage, resolution and sacrifice.” ~ Aung San Suu Kyi.
39. “The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.” ~ David Foster Wallace.
40. “Great achievement always requires great sacrifice.” ~ Robin S. Sharma
41. “True love requires sacrifice.” ~ Francis Chan
42. “Small sacrifices must be made.” ~ Otto Lilienthal
43. “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” ~ Gordon B. Hinckley.
44. “True success requires sacrifice.” ~ Rick Riordan.
45. “The greatest things in life all require commitment, sacrifice, some struggle and hardship. It’s not easy. But absolutely worth it.” ~ Robin S. Sharma.
46. “For the born traveler, travelling is a besetting vice. Like other vices, it is imperious, demanding its victim’s time, money, energy and the sacrifice of comfort.” ~ Aldous Huxley.
47. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. ~ A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
48. Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams. ~ Donovan Bailey.
49. You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it. ~ Lionel Messi.
You Might Like
- Life Quotes
- Programming Quotes
- Passion Quotes
- Music Quotes
- Nature Quotes
- Math Quotes
- Patience Quotes
- Kindness Quotes
- Time Quotes
- Persistence Quotes