Sadhguru (Jagadish Vasudev) is a yoga guru and author from India.
He founded the Isha Foundation in Coimbatore in 1992, which runs an ashram and yoga center
Here are some of the inspiring quotes from Sadhguru.
Best Sadhguru Quotes
1. “That which knows how to bend will not break.” ~ (Sadhguru).
2. “Krishna says in the Gita, “The worst crime in the world is indecision.” ~ (Sadhguru).
3. “If you can joyfully do whatever is needed in a given situation, this is freedom.” ~ (Sadhguru).
4. “How deeply you touch another life is how rich your life is.” ~ (Sadhguru).
5. Once you are clear about what you are doing and why, other people’s opinions will not matter.” ~ (Sadhguru).
6. The way people are living today, I would say, never do unto others what you do unto yourself.” ~ (Sadhguru).
7. “All we can ever experience happens from within us.” ~ (Sadhguru).
8. “If you simply commit yourself to creating what you really care for, now once again your thoughts get organized in such a way that there are no hurdles. Your thoughts flow freely toward what you want, and once this happens, the manifestation of your desire is a natural consequence.” ~ (Sadhguru).
9. “If you handle your entire life with logic alone, you will end up a mess.” ~ (Sadhguru).
10. “Enlightenment is not an attainment or an achievement. It is a homecoming. Your senses give you the impression that you are experiencing the outside, but you have never experienced the outside. When you realize that all that you experience is within, that absolute homecoming is enlightenment.” ~ (Sadhguru).
11. “If you can look at everything lovingly, the whole world becomes beautiful in your experience.” ~ (Sadhguru).
12. “Every thought that arises in the mind has its roots in data you have already accumulated.” ~ (Sadhguru).
13. “My ability to respond is limitless, but my ability to act is limited. I am one hundred percent responsible for everything I am and everything I am not, for my capacities and my incapacities, for my joys and my miseries. I am the one who determines the nature of my experience in this life and beyond. I am the maker of my life.” ~ (Sadhguru).
14. “Every opinion you have about anything can be a limiting identity.” ~ (Sadhguru).
15. “All human experience is one hundred percent self-created.” ~ (Sadhguru).
Inspiring Sadhguru Quotes
16. “We are the most comfortable generation to have ever lived on this planet. The rub is that we are definitely not the most joyful, or the most loving, or the most peaceful. Why.” ~ (Sadhguru).
17. “Shiva does not spell religion. Shiva spells responsibility – our ability to take our very life process in our hands. When.” ~ (Sadhguru).
18. “What you accumulate can be yours, but it can never be you. Who.” ~ (Sadhguru).
19. “The spiritual journey is a journey towards clarity, but never towards certainty. When you draw conclusions about beginnings and endings, you are a believer. When you accept that you really do not know anything, you become a seeker.” ~ (Sadhguru).
20. “Only for a person who is living with duality there is good and bad karma.” ~ (Sadhguru).
21. “Unless you do the right things, the right things will not happen to you.” ~ (Sadhguru).
22. “It has always seemed to me odd that the world does not realize the immensity of a state of “I do not know.” ~ (Sadhguru).
23. “Turning inward does not have anything to do with thoughts, ideas, opinions, or philosophies. It has nothing to do with the psychological activity of your mind. Enhancing your perception means enhancing your ability to receive life, just as it is. If you are willing to dedicate just a few minutes of your life to this every day, you would see the change. The simple process of paying a little bit of attention to your inner nature will transform the quality of your life in remarkable ways. Sadhana.” ~ (Sadhguru).
24. “Confidence and stupidity are a very dangerous combination, but they generally go together.” ~ (Sadhguru).
25. “The most incredible thing is that you can know everything you wish to know with your eyes closed.” ~ (Sadhguru).
26. “Once your intellect gets identified with something, it gets chained to the identifications, and leaves you with a completely distorted experience of the world.” ~ (Sadhguru).
27. “Making yourself mentally open is very fundamental and very crucial, because this is something that is immediately in your hands. Your energy is not in your hands; you don’t know how to open it. Even your physical body, you don’t know how to keep it open, but your mind is something that you can consciously open.” ~ (Sadhguru).
28. “When the lion feeds, many animals eat.” ~ (Sadhguru).
Top Sadhguru Quotes
29. “When pain, misery, or anger happen, it is time to look within you, not around you.” ~ (Sadhguru).
30. “If you want to become life sensitive, a simple process that you do is this: make whatever you think and whatever you feel less important. Try and see for one day. Suddenly you will feel the breeze, the rain, the flowers and the people, everything in a completely different way. Suddenly the life in you becomes much more active and alive for your experience.” ~ (Sadhguru).
31. “Freedom – or mukti or moksha – is seen as the natural longing in every human being and our ultimate destination.” ~ (Sadhguru).
32. “You are struggling with the walls of resistance that you have built around yourself.” ~ (Sadhguru).
33. “Once you have come with the human form, life has given you a certain sense of intelligence, a certain sense of awareness and freedom to choose what you want to be right now, in this moment.” ~ (Sadhguru).
34. “Love is not something you do; it is just the way you are.” ~ (Sadhguru).
35. “I do not know” is the doorway – the only doorway – to seeking and knowing.” ~ (Sadhguru).
36. “It’s considered totally obscene to make any request to God, because if he doesn’t know, what’s the point asking him?” ~ (Sadhguru).
37. “The identity around which the intellect functions is called ahankara.” ~ (Sadhguru).
38. “Every moment there are a million miracles happening around you: a flower blossoming, a bird tweeting, a bee humming, a raindrop falling, a snowflake wafting along the clear evening air. There is magic everywhere. If you learn how to live it, life is nothing short of a daily miracle.” ~ (Sadhguru).
39. “Love has nothing to do with someone else. It is all about you. It is a way of being. It essentially means you have brought sweetness into your emotion.” ~ (Sadhguru).
Famous Sadhguru Quotes
40. “Pain or pleasure, joy or misery, agony or ecstasy, happens only inside you. Human folly is that people are always trying to extract joy from the outside. You may use the outside as a stimulus or trigger, but the real thing always comes from within.” ~ (Sadhguru).
41. “The planet is spinning on time: not a small event. All the galaxies are managing fine; the whole cosmos is doing great. But you have one nasty little thought crawling through your head, and it is a bad day! The problem is you are living in a psychological space that bears no connection with reality. And you are insecure, because it can collapse at any moment.” ~ (Sadhguru).
42. “It does not matter how large a boundary we set, the moment you become conscious of it, the longing to break it is instinctive.” ~ (Sadhguru).
43. “One should use information and logic as a drunkard would use a lamp post – only for support, not for illumination.” ~ (Sadhguru).
44. “I understood that being loving and compassionate is not an idea. To live in empathy is not some esoteric principle. This is the way a human being is made. If you do not identify with anything you have accumulated over a period of time, including your body and mind, you will be able to experience this.” ~ (Sadhguru).
Inspirational Sadhguru Quotes
45. “Up and down, good and bad, sacred and profane: these are all assumed. But inward and outward: this is the one context we are sure of, the one context we can work with. This is Adiyogi’s most significant contribution to humankind and it is a profound and enduring one: “The only way out is in.” ~ (Sadhguru).
46. “For most people, love is initially a joy, but after a while it becomes an anxiety. Why? Because this “key” has legs and a will of its own. You can’t keep it in your pocket or hang it around your neck. When you try to do that, two lives are heading straight for disaster!” ~ (Sadhguru).
47. “Choices that you make out of inability are not life solutions.” ~ (Sadhguru).
48. “Most people are not aware of the nature of their longing. When their longing finds unconscious expression, we call this greed, conquest, ambition. When their longing finds conscious expression, we call this yoga.” ~ (Sadhguru).
49. “The self is the same. Either you wear a masculine peel or a feminine peel. That is all it is.” ~ (Sadhguru).
50. “Even if the world doesn’t happen the way you want it, at least your thoughts and emotions should happen the way you want them to.” ~ (Sadhguru).
51. “Reactivity is enslavement. Responsibility is freedom.” ~ (Sadhguru).
52. “Learning to listen is the essence of intelligent living.” ~ (Sadhguru).
53. “The logic is simple: if you do the right things, the right things will happen to you even without your intent.” ~ (Sadhguru).