Starting and operating a business is challenging and expanding it to new heights is much more challenging.
Reading some inspirational quotes from other great businesspeople and well-read people may be beneficial when you’re going through a challenging time in your startup journey.
Best Business Quotes to Inspire Entrepreneurs & Businessman
1. “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.” ~ Jeff Bezos.
2. “Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” ~ George Lucas.
3. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” ~ Richard Branson.
4. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them.” ~ Seth Godin.
5. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: Know your product better than anyone. Know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” ~ Dave Thomas.
6. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” ~ Richard Branson.
7. “Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it every day.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk.
8. “If people like you they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you they’ll do business with you.” ~ Zig Ziglar.
9. “Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you.” ~ Tony Hsieh
10. “My father taught me to always do more than you get paid for as an investment in your future.” ~ Jim Rohn.
11. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~ Will Rodgers.
12. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” ~ Thomas A. Edison.
13. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” ~ Andy Rooney.
Inspiring Business Quotes
14. “One customer, well taken care of, could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.” ~ Jim Rohn.
15. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” ~ Zig Ziglar.
16. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” ~ Steve Jobs.
17. “The best vision is insight.” ~ Malcolm S. Forbes.
18. “A big part of financial freedom is having your heart and mind free from worry about the what-ifs of life.” ~ Suze Orman.
19. “Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.” ~ Andy Warhol.
20. “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” ~ B. C. Forbes.
21. “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
22. “You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.” ~ Abraham Maslow.
23. “Big results require big ambitions.” ~ Heraclitus.
24. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill.
25. “Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” ~ Phil Knight.
Great Business Quotes
26. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ~ Jim Rohn.
27. “The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.” ~ Warren Buffett.
28. “If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.” ~ Nora Roberts
29. “We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.” ~ Walt Disney
30. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” ~ Larry Page.
31. “Success or failure in business is caused more by the mental attitude even than by mental capacities.” ~ Walter Scott.
32. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” ~ Warren Buffett.
33. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” ~ Bill Gates.
34. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn a reputation by trying to do hard things well.” ~ Jeff Bezos.
35. “An organization, no matter how well designed, is only as good as the people who live and work in it.” ~ Dee Hock
36. “The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
37. “Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” ~ Arthur Koestler
38. “Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive.” ~ Donald Trump.
39. “It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” ~ Thomas Sowell.
40. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” ~ Bill Gates.
Wise Business Quotes
41. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” ~ Anthony Volodkin
42. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” ~ Paul Rand
43. “There is only one boss: the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company, from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” ~ Sam Walton
44. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” ~ Drew Houston
45. “Remind people that profit is the difference between revenue and expense. This makes you look smart.” ~ Scott Adams
46. “A company is only as good as the people it keeps.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
47. “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” ~ Vince Lombardi
48. “It is better to create than to learn. Creating is the essence of life.” ~ Julius Caesar
49. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
50. “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.” ~ John Wooden
51. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” ~ Rob Kalin
53. “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.” ~ Ryan Freitas
54. “Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you’ll have to ram them down people’s throats.” ~ Howard Aiken
55. “Think big. Start small.” ~ Seth Godin
56. “The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them.” ~ Benjamin Jowett.
Powerful Business Quotes
57. “Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.” ~ Zig Ziglar
58. “The desire of knowledge, like the thirst of riches, increases ever with the acquisition of it.” ~ Laurence Sterne
59. “I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life.” ~ Warren Buffett
60. “Treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.” ~ Stephen R. Covey
61. “Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.” ~ Bill Gates
62. “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ ~ Jeff Bezos
63. “The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.” ~ Mark Twain
64. “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” ~ Jeff Bezos
65. “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” ~ Thomas Watson Sr.
66. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” ~ Seth Godin
67. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” ~ Wayne Huizenga.
Motivational Business Quotes
68. “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.” ~ Henry Ford.
69. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” ~ Warren Buffett.
70. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” ~ Scott Belsky.
71. “My favorite holding period is forever.” ~ Warren Buffett.
72. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.” ~ Walt Disney.
73. “Christmas is the time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want and their kids pay for it.” ~ Richard Lamm.
74. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. ~ Peter Drucker.
75. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” ~ Tony Hsieh.
76. “How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.” ~ Ronald Reagan.