Here is a compilation of profound quotes about hatred from well-known personalities, aimed at inspiring readers to steer clear of this destructive emotion.
Hatred, fueled by anger, resentment and hostility, only fosters misery in life and harm towards others.
These quotes strive to illuminate the fact that hatred has the potential to cause more extensive damage than any disease.
Instead of nourishing such destructive feelings, these quotations encourage the propagation of love, promoting a healthier, happier life and a more harmonious world.
Sharing these messages about the dangers of hatred with friends, family and loved ones can help inspire them to choose love over hate.
1. “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” ~ Ovid.
2. “When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness.” ~ Eckhart Tolle.
3. “We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche.
4. “A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man.” ~ Archibald MacLeish.
5. “The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.” ~ Victor Hugo.
6. “From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.” ~ Socrates.
7. “The more people love you, the more there’s going to be people that hate you.” ~ Kylie Jenner.
8. “In time we hate that which we often fear.” ~ William Shakespeare.
9. “Maybe they hate me because I’m too good!” ~ Cristiano Ronaldo.
Top Hate Quotes
10. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ George Lucas.
11. “This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love, you are.” ~ Rumi.
12. “Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.” ~ Colin Powell
13. “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.” ~ Coco Chanel
14. “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~ George Orwell
15. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ~ Coretta Scott King.
16. “The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.” ~ Eldridge Cleaver.
Famous Hate Quotes
17. “Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.” ~ Hafez
18. “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.” ~ Robert Frost
19. “I’m motivated by fear. Fear of fear. I hate being scared to do something. And I think what developed in my early days was the attitude that I started attacking things that I was scared of.” ~ Will Smith
20. “The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
21. “I don’t care what you say, so don’t even speak.” ~ Lil Wayne
22. “Heal the world! Stop the hate. Lend a helping hand to those in need.” ~ Michael Jackson
23. “When I was young I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything I used to think ‘How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?’” ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
24. “Just say yes and you’ll figure it out afterwards.” ~ Tina Fey.
25. “People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.” ~ Nelson Mandela
26. “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” ~ Leo Buscaglia
27. “I have one problem, I don’t hate people. They disgust me and I want to get away from them. I do not have hatred. I have an escape mechanism.” ~ Charles Bukowski.
Popular Hate Quotes
28. “Insecurity is an ugly thing. It makes you hate people you don’t even know.” ~ Drake
29. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” ~ Mark Twain
30. “I don’t care if a reader hates one of my stories, just as long as he finishes the book.” ~ Roald Dahl
31. “The hijrah to Allah includes abandoning what He hates and doing what He loves and accepts.” ~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
32. “There’s no such thing as a kid who hates reading. There are kids who love reading, and kids who are reading the wrong books.” ~ James Patterson
33. “Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost.” ~ Khalil Gibran
34. “Love me or hate me. It’s one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I’m a veteran, a champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I’m loved for the exact same reasons.” ~ Kobe Bryant
35. “I do like to hit people-I like the explosion of power and energy, and the feeling that I am untouchable because I can hurt people. But I hate that part of myself, because it is the part of me that is the most broken.” ~ Veronica Roth
36. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” ~ Drake.
37. “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” ~ Michael Jackson.
Best Hate Quotes
38. “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.” ~ Fulton J. Sheen
39. “Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don’t stand a chance against it.” ~ Joan D. Vinge
40. “I have never encountered a winner that held hate towards something.” ~ Conor McGregor.
41. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” ~ George Washington Carver.
42. “You reclaim your power by loving what you were once taught to hate.” ~ Bryant H. McGill.
43. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
44. “Beat me, hate me, you can never break me.” ~ Michael Jackson.
Hate Quotes You Should Read
45. “Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.” ~ Robin Williams.
46. “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” ~ Stephen King.
47. “It’s so easy to laugh. It’s so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind.” ~ Steven Morrissey.
48. “Don’t hate what you don’t understand!” ~ John Lennon.
49. “I have so much that I want to do. I hate wasting time.” ~ Stephen Hawking.
50. “Just because you are embarrassed to admit that you’re still living the consequences of bad decisions made 5, 10, 20 years ago shouldn’t stop you from making good decisions now. If you let pride stop you, you will hate life 5, 10, and 20 years from now for the same reasons.” ~ Tim Ferriss
51. “Never value anything as profitable to thyself which shall compel thee to break thy promise, to lose thy self-respect, to hate any man, to suspect, to curse, to act the hypocrite, to desire anything which needs walls and curtains.” ~ Marcus Aurelius.